Stock tow/eye bolt for rallyX?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2002, 12:36 PM

Car Info: Bugeye Rally Car!!!
yeah i have no problem using my tow hooks for rally-x and other stuff. I have tried pulling a Mitsu Margarita out of a water hole with my stock tow hook in the rear and it did fine. Altough i was not able to get such a large object from high centering under the water.

Billyqua
rally driven............
Old 12-01-2002, 09:42 AM

Car Info: MY96 Impreza 2.2 L
All event organizers really care about is that the tow hook doesn't snap off and become a projectile of death. Many tow drivers pulling heavily stuck cars out of ditches have gotten injured by the tow hook snapping off and slingshotting back at them.

For RallyX, don't worry about it. RallyX is an event for street cars and, as such, no special preparation is required. RallySprint, ClubRally and ProRally, on the other hand, really like to have permanently welded purpose tow hooks instead of the stock ones.

If you're really that worried about it, put on the stock tow hook, slice a hole in your bumper large enough to pull the bumper off with the tow hook in place, remove the tow hook and find someone to weld the stock tow hook into place or liquiweld the threads (I've never seen this done, just a suggestion I'm pulling out of my *** on the spot).

/Sean/