Official Pics of the '04 Mitsu WRC Lancer

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 09:29 PM

Car Info: PSM 2K2 WRX Wagon
Is the FIA going to allow the DTM takeoff fenders? Although the spoiler placement is odd, I think it is odd that they haven't added vertical slats like all the other WRC teams did (following Subaru's innovative lead) last year.
Old 12-30-2003, 05:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: WRB WRX 2003 Subaru Sedan
i have to say again spite what many say. I love the new car i love the wing. everything about it. But i wonder if they are going to stay with the "stick" shifter or if they are going to use "paddles" I would think paddles all the top cars do. But in the picture in the inside it's clearly a stick.
Old 01-01-2004, 03:58 PM

Originally posted by IS2Scooby
I hate those huge wheel wells too. I wonder if there are FIA rules regarding body shape? If this car is the harbinger of things to come - WRC is going to turn into NHRA Top Fuel Funny Car where the cars barely resemble their passenger counterparts. 1 more generation from now and that Evo is going to look like Ivan "Iron Man" Stewart's stadium offroad truck!
the Evolutions has always derived from their WRC counterpart ... WRC wins races, Mitsubishi gains popularity, Mitsubishi makes Lancer Evolution road cars ... at least that's the way it originally was .. =P~

these pictures are suppose to be the Evo8's WRC car .... if I remember correctly, this car wasn't even in Mitsubishi's game plan til recently ... Mitsubishi were originally going to build their next WRC based on the Colt, but they found out in the process that it were quite financially sound to develop a whole new suspension system for the Colt .. so they decided to stick with the old Lancer body ... and we ended up with this weird looking thing ... I read Mitsubishi spent endless hours in wind tunnels in developing that hideous looking spoiler ..
Old 01-01-2004, 07:06 PM

Car Info: '03 PSM Sedan
all the FIA world rally cars are radically differant from their street counterparts. the Subaru has a V-mounted intercooler and radiator setup thats never been used on one of their street cars. the fenders and bodywork are also completely differant than street based cars. if the new Mitsu is homolgated, then the FIA has signed off on the whole design of the car and the only way its going to be DQ'd from an event, if is the team does something outside the rules and gets caught in a post event teardown -- like what happened to Peugot in Argentina a year or two ago.
Old 01-05-2004, 01:33 PM

Car Info: 2004 Silver/Silver STi, '99 Ducati 900ss, Yamaha Blaster
I don't care for it at all. It looks like a Hyundai.

The last version had much more of a presence about it.

No sir....Not a fan.