It aired on Speed, Solberg wins Rally Sweden

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 01:58 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRB STi w/ s202 spoiler
It aired on Speed, Solberg wins Rally Sweden

If you didn't watch it, you should. Day two was just awesome with Solberg and Gronholm swapping spots 1 and 2 throughout the day. And what was with Loeb's car? Really sucks he had to retire.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:03 AM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
Originally Posted by illogical
If you didn't watch it, you should. Day two was just awesome with Solberg and Gronholm swapping spots 1 and 2 throughout the day. And what was with Loeb's car? Really sucks he had to retire.
It must be early - at first glance I thought you said Petter and Marcus were swapping spit...

It was a great rally. At least Loeb's DNF cancels out Petter's from Monte Carlo.

Old 02-14-2005, 11:09 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
Loeb had head gasket problems and they were thinking of replacing it at service (in 45 minutes ), but there is a new rule this year that engines have to be sealed and last for two rallies. The motor has already lasted through Monte Carlo and most of Sweden, but to replace the head gasket, they would have needed to break the seals that the FIA put on the engine, thus giving Loeb a significant penalty. Retirement was aparently the better option (although I don't think so).

Anyways, great rally. I was really good up until Marcus crashed out, then the fighting was done and it was great to see Solberg win it. This years Swedish Rally was one of the bests, IMO, but it there really needed to be more snow coverage. Looks like next year they are going to move it more northerly so as to guarantee more snow.
Old 02-14-2005, 12:01 PM

Car Info: 99 2.5rs
All I gotta say is that was a great rally and I hope that petter and loeb have a great battle this year, but I hope petter wins it again.

I gotta say gronholm seems to push his car way to much, that or his car just isn't strong enough to handle his driving stlye,I know that 5 speed tranny just ain cutting it.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:26 PM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
Outstanding rally to watch! <3 for WRC! If I were trying to get a non-WRC educated person into watching rally this is the event I would show them.