Ongoing Projects Want to share your ongoing Subaru project with the rest of Subaru Community? Tell us what you did, how you did it and what else are you going to do.

World One Cars - A Nostalgic Perspective

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 08:28 PM

Car Info: Do-Luck Bugeye WRX & 2008 Hydra-powered STI
w00t! This thead lives! Seattle rain is tough for getting good pics of cars, but I was able to pull one off That said, this goes out to any and all World One Customers...if you think your car is worthy of this thread, please don't hesitate to PM me with pics and a modlist. Now, without further ado...

Part XV: Bailey Boi Wonder

Bailey is a regular at World One. We tend to see him at least once or twice a week, and he comes in to hang out, help us weed some vinyl, press some T-Shirts, and discuss his latest plans for his 2006 STi. As you can see from the pictures below, the car is already coming along rather nicely. Under the hood lies an Element Tuning GT49 turbo, supported by Element Tuning's Hydra EMS, Turbosmart 38mm wastegate, Turbosmart E-Boost, APS FMIC, APS cold air intake, APS turboback, PE 850cc injectors, and of course a Walbro pump. Suspension-wise, Cusco Zero2Es with the Cusco E-Con give him crisp handling, and the Advan RG-IIs in 18x8, wrapped with sticky Falken Azenis RT-615 rubber, give him that street and performance bling. Underneath those Advan curves is a Project Mu 345mm big brake kit. To go along with the Defi gauges on the interior, Bailey's got a few more things planned, and he's still trying to decide on what body kit he wants to go with.

Special thanks to Nick Parker for some of these pictures...good job, Nick!

Old 12-07-2006, 06:13 PM

Part XVI: The DJ Wagon

Dave Marcus has been a long time customer of World One. Hailing from the Colorado area, Dave has become a great customer, friend, and confidant of Garret and myself in particular. He's been with us for a long time, and showing him this thread has brought back a lot of memories.

You see, his car, much like many of the cars on this thread, has undergone quite a transformation. Powered by a Super 16G, it started as a badass blue bugeye wagon, with some UK300 headlights and Rota Tarmacs, and then with timeless Volk TE37s, but an unfortunate incident left him without these wheels and looking for something new. During this time, he decided to switch things up a bit and throw on a complete "blogeye" sedan front end, and he switched over to some custom powdercoated Advan RG-IIs that he sourced from World One. To this day, it still remains his daily driver, and one of the best performing and reliable Stage 4 WRXs at altitude. Kudos to Dave for sharing these pictures and your long AIM conversations with us

Name:  madscientistdave.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  68.9 KB

Name:  P1010002.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  53.8 KB

Name:  P1010026.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  66.6 KB

Name:  SSPX0032.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  64.3 KB

Name:  SSPX0033.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  61.4 KB

Old 05-03-2007, 02:58 PM

Part XVII: Keanie in a Bottle

The introduction of Saab's 92x added a sense of refinement and higher class to the Subaru community. Basically a WRX wagon with a Saab shell, this car was spawned from Subaru's now-estranged partnership with GM. Picking up on this arrangement was World One customer Keane, who goes by the screen name, "keaniegenie." While the aggressive stance and Prodrive GC-05Fs stand out right away, under the hood is a monster in hiding.

Keane's 92x is powered by a swapped in STI longblock with AVCS, Element Tuning GT52 turbo with Turbosmart 38mm wastegate, Element Tuning Hydra, Element Tuning Hydramist, TurboXS top-mount intercooler, Invidia downpipe, Greddy Evo2 catback, APS equal-length header, and all the supporting goodies. Keeping this sleeper on the ground are a set of front StopTech big brakes, StopTech rear H6 brake upgrade, Tein Flex coilovers with EDFC, Cusco strut braces, Perrin rear sway bar with endlinks, and Prodrive GC-05Fs wrapped in Kumho SPT rubber. We're excited to see what Keane has in store next, and we're happy to know that he'll be surprising the hell out of people out there with his sleeper

Old 05-03-2007, 07:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: non subarus
nice rides.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:19 PM

Car Info: '98 2.5RS
that saab swap is nice. noone would be expecting that under the hood of a saab. i just look through the whole thread and i have thoroughly drooled all over my keyboard.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:39 AM

Car Info: hachiroku
W1 is putting out some sick rides!!!!
Old 05-11-2007, 04:46 PM

Part XVIII: Attack of the Elements

The heart of every Impreza is a heart of a warrior. After all, why have all the show without the go? Nothing could be further from the truth than the Element Tuning Time Attack car. Phil's car started competing on the East Coast, then came over for SEMA last year, competed in California, then was driven up from the LA area in time for Subiefest in late November 2006. Despite an unfortunate accident on the track, Phil's car held the best time of the day, but it wasn't until the Subiefest 2 where Phil's car officially took home the Subiefest Time Attack crown.

From the outside you can instantly see weight savings...the Seibon Carbon Fiber doors shaved at least 250 pounds from the chassis. The rest of the black is comprised of a Seibon CWII-style hood, Seibon trunk lid, Seibon side skirts, Chargespeed rear over fenders, APR GTC-300 rear spoiler, and APR front wind splitter. The Zerosports front bumper opens up to a TurboXS FMIC, helping cool down the 450+ whp Element Tuning GT65 turbo kit, and is finished on the rear end by a SYMS rear bumper. Keeping the car on the ground are JIC FLT-A2 coilvers with Element-spec spring rates, Prodrive GC-05Fs in 18x9.5 for wet, Prodrive GC-010G in 18x9.5 for dry, and a StopTech 355x32mm front brake kit to replace the stock Brembos.

Sadly for us, Phil took the car back to the East Coast, but hopefully it'll be back again to compete in West Coast time attacks in the future

Old 05-12-2007, 08:45 AM

Car Info: 06 STi
Nice thread...good write ups! Congrats on the win with the ^ suby above. :character00261:
Old 05-15-2007, 09:23 AM

Car Info: 06 2.5i
i wish i was older and got some money -0-
im only 17 and wishin i was u armin gosh
and at least have a rex but i gotta 2.5i....
but SEATTLE FTW!!!
my dream now is to see at least one of those cars...

wit much envy,
jonathan
Old 05-16-2007, 01:59 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
nice write up... very enjoyable and the cars are amazing. keep it up!