Ongoing Projects Want to share your ongoing Subaru project with the rest of Subaru Community? Tell us what you did, how you did it and what else are you going to do.

World One Cars - A Nostalgic Perspective

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 02:44 AM

Car Info: 05 wrb wrx wagon
man, world one has some dope cars. steph french has to be one of THE hottest subie enthusiasts out there too. any more sweet rides?
Old 10-26-2006, 08:48 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 07' AW 335i & 05' WD Escalade
wow. very nice. i might have to stop by next time i head up to canada.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:04 AM

Car Info: Do-Luck Bugeye WRX & 2008 Hydra-powered STI
Part X: Rally Monster

Getting back to Subaru's rally roots, World One looks no where other than our own Jonathan. Jonathan's the voice you normally hear other than Garret whenever you call in, and has been an integral part of World One for over a year now. He's our resident Prodrive nut and rally freak, taking his car to local rallies whenever and whereever he can. At his first rallycross near Olympia, WA, he placed 1st in his class and 5th place overall. He also has another rally car that he competes in, and place very well in it this past weekend at the Mt. Hood Rally.

As you can see, Jonathan's car is all rally'd out. The Prodrive PWRC1s in 18s are the first things that stand out, complete with dirt as any rally car should be. He's dropped on 04 STi springs and struts, with Borla headers and a custom intake and catback giving him power. And, to get those slow rally cars out of the way, a set of Hella Supertones hides behind his Liberal-style grill up front. Pics:

Old 10-26-2006, 11:11 AM

Part XI: Bugeye for Life

I don't like to talk about myself, or my car for that matter. The idea of coming anywhere near sounding boastful or conceited really bothers me, because it's one of the things that I dislike about people in general. That said, I'm not going to try to talk up my car at all, but just let the facts and pictures speak for themselves.

I took delivery of my 2002 bugeye when I got off the bus and walked to my house in March 2001. It was sitting there waiting for me...turned out to be an early college graduation gift from my parents, since I was on my way to graduate from the University of Washington in June that year. It turned out to have a 4EAT tranny, and I've been poked and jabbed about that ever since But, what I always tell people is that when you have a new car as a present waiting in your driveway for you, you don't complain about anything.

In any case, the full story and history of my car can be found in the April 2006 issue of Subiesport Magazine, entitled "Bugeye in Blue." It's way too long to post here. What I do have here though is what I've done since then. After the rebirth, the interior was completely redone by Car Nutz Custom Upholstery, matching the rear seats and door cards with the front Recaro fabric, and re-covering the headliner in a very nice grey suede. Audio Integrations also came through to help re-do my stereo system, putting in an Alpine IVA-W200 and a whole bunch of Diamond Audio goodies. Finally, the WRB Hella Supertones were added to finally finish off the front grill area.

Now that I'm officially a World One employee, I've got a bunch of new things in mind, but for now they stay top secret. Here's 5 of many pictures:

Old 10-26-2006, 11:24 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 CGM WRX Wagon
I love the lip/spoiler you put on your rear deck lid. Very unique.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by VRWRX
I love the lip/spoiler you put on your rear deck lid. Very unique.
Thanks, it's a full Do-Luck trunk lid

Armin @ W1
Old 10-26-2006, 04:37 PM

Part XII: Red Domination

As one of the local Subaru veterans, Erik Allas has been a long time and well-loved member of the Northwest Subaru community. He was one of the first people I ever met in the local scene here, and continues to be a very close friend and fellow photographer (and that's not just because we're both GB&D). His 2001 2.5RS has gone through many iterations, from being purely a street car, to being a best in class car show winner, to now being an extremely fast and capable daily driver. I still remember when I first photochopped on some bronze Volk CE28Ns onto his car and told him that THOSE were the wheels he needed; and wouldn't you know it, he went and got them.

I really can't think of anyone more experienced in different Subaru performance ideas than Erik. The only thing he hasn't tried is supercharging...he first started off running nitrous, then threw on a Ludespeed Stage 3 turbo kit (that coincidentally, uses a T3/T4 turbo) and tuned the car himself with the Link Plus standalone, and then finally went with a EJ205 swap with a full TurboXS Stage 4+ kit, much in thanks to both World One and Pacific Import Auto in Tacoma, WA. On top of winning Best Subaru at a number of local car shows and having a lengthy Subiesport Magazine feature on his car and motor swap, Erik ran his fastest 13.1 with a bogging 2.2 60-foot at this year's Battle of the Imports, besting his previous 13.2 with a 1.8 60-foot with his old turbo kit. 12s were pretty much a given with a better launch, but unfortunately the car was retired thanks to a broken alternator belt. Next year though, we all shall see. Pics:

Old 10-26-2006, 08:46 PM

Car Info: 2004 Mazda RX-8
Very nice thread, hows the new shop been workin out for you guys.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by JunEJ20
Very nice thread, hows the new shop been workin out for you guys.
The new shop is great! 8000 square-feet of Subaru goodness Will you be making it down to the BBQ tomorrow?

Armin @ W1
Old 10-27-2006, 10:57 AM

Car Info: Special Projects
+1 to Armin for his great photography skills and new hand in helping World One Performance an even better place.

Regards,
Mark
Old 10-27-2006, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by SP Engineering
+1 to Armin for his great photography skills and new hand in helping World One Performance an even better place.

Regards,
Mark
Thanks Mark
Old 10-27-2006, 11:06 AM

Part XIII: The World Rally Blue Menace

The first time I met Donn Dupaya was at a World One dyno day 2 years ago. He had just moved up here from California with his 04 WRX and we talked for a long time about what he wanted to do with his car. I introduced him to Garret and things really took off from there. Now a member of Seattle's elite car show club, Team Menace, we see each other at every car show and give each other fun and friendly competition for the coveted 1st Place Subaru trophy.

Currently, Donn's car sports a full Do-Luck body kit, complete with the Do-Luck lowpost spoiler. He's even rolling on Do-Luck's Subaru-specific, 17-inch racing wheels, which go over STi Brembos and Project Mu rotors. He also has the one and only Do-Luck carbon fiber hood and hood scoop in the country. A full Stage 4+ lies under the hood, complete with all the suspension and interior goodies to make him one of the cars to beat in the local Subaru car show scene. He's got even bigger plans for his car now, just wait and see. Pics:

Old 10-27-2006, 03:38 PM

Car Info: 2004 Mazda RX-8
Originally Posted by WorldONE
The new shop is great! 8000 square-feet of Subaru goodness Will you be making it down to the BBQ tomorrow?

Armin @ W1
I might, Im getting worked by school right now so we'll see. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 10-27-2006, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by JunEJ20
I might, Im getting worked by school right now so we'll see. Thanks for the heads up.
Starving students need all the free food they can get

Armin @ W1
Old 10-28-2006, 12:50 PM

Car Info: WRB 18g + Meth (sold) 07 BMW 335i coupe
omg....so clean....loving that blue bugeye!

Quick Reply: World One Cars - A Nostalgic Perspective