Ongoing Projects Want to share your ongoing Subaru project with the rest of Subaru Community? Tell us what you did, how you did it and what else are you going to do.

My WRX from ISRAEL !!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 07:07 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRB STi w/ s202 spoiler
I love the fogs, very clean car. +1
Old 11-04-2005, 07:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Welcome! Nice ride. New Chapter IIC. We're going global baby!!!
Old 11-05-2005, 02:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: RIP: 04 WRB SEDAN Now Rollin' in STi
50K for an STI

-Ave
Old 11-05-2005, 04:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Enjoy your stay, Turboy.

Nice to see an Israeli on I-Club.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:55 AM

Car Info: Blue VF'd WRX
lol AVE to be exact a new STI in israel costs 65000$ and a new WRX 48000$ (and they come alittle different from the UDM they have 17" inches and 2.0T both.. only the new models of 2006 come with 2.5T... how is this engine bytheway ? does it have strong internals ? how much do you get out of it without changin pistons and etc..?) ...
bytheway do you have alot of big street/trackdays meetings here ? does the police bug you with the mods ?
if you are intrested ive got some nice movies of israel's strongest street legal cars and some nice pics of the other rides that i have at home , most of them are jags and there are some bikes ...
oh and again , its really nice being here didnt expect that i would be so welcomed...

Last edited by TurBoy; 11-06-2005 at 06:00 AM.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:46 AM
VIP Member

Location: EBAIC- Wondering if I should have taken the blue pill...
Car Info: 03 WRX wagon type RA
Welcome to i-club

Yeah, do post up some pics of your bikes and other cars. There are some big fans of bikes on here. BTW, I love your car! I actually like your tailights blacked out, I may do that to my ride sooner or later. Also, are those foglights stock? If so, I love em! Over here in the US we have very small fog lights on our 04-05 WRX's...I always wished that Subaru stuck on bigger fogs. I'm sure alot of guys on here would agree.

So you get the JDM Subaru WRX, right? If you do, then your car is waay better than our USDM ones. Out of the WRX's, I'd take a JDM 2.0t over a USDM 2.5t any day! Yours are built mucho better. Every imported car here in the US are pretty much watered down versions of what other countries have, because we have dumb smog laws and such.

As far as the meets and cops, we have lots of both I'm from the bay area in California (*EDIT* Same place as AVE. Sorry AVE, I know that question was directed at you, didn't mean to steal the convo, I meant to type you in.), and the cops here try to pin you for any modification you have (unless you have out of state plates...hehe). They're pretty much the worst in the nation here in Cali. How's the law enforcement over there?

Last edited by slvrsubywgn; 11-07-2005 at 03:46 PM.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:37 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: RIP: 04 WRB SEDAN Now Rollin' in STi
Turboy, as what Smitty *slvrsubywgn* was saying i also live in the bay area in CA and cops are dicks here. where i live which is in Fremont we have one cop Roseti (sp?) who always on the prowl for "fixed" up cars. he'll pull you over if your a "street racer."

-Ave
Old 11-13-2005, 06:18 PM

Car Info: Blue VF'd WRX
hey guys , sorry for the late response ...
well ill start with some of the other rides i have at home :
http://photos.walla.co.il/ts.cgi?tss...55&user=turboy
there are only 2 bikes in this folder both costums ... not something too special ...
most of the other cars are jags ... my family has a fetish for jags ... moded XJR , s-type r sport package and few classics ...
soon ill upload some pics of sport cars and sport bikes ... need to upload them...
i also have some nice movies and pics of : a 2.7 GT35/40 impreza GT , s2000 with a GT35/40 , S/C M coupe , integra b18c GT35/40+nos , porsche 911 that will be close to 1000hp with nos and a full carbon body , EVO8 2.3 with a very big turbo+ nos+special gear and etc...(same owner of the porsche), kleeman CL600 and many more israeli crazy "street legal" cars ... if you have a good server ill upload them...

thanks slvsub , in israel i think we get the EDM imprezas with are pretty much the same as the JDM only with left steering wheel and some small differences (we dont have speed stricken like in japan and etc...) and for the prices we pay in israel for cars due to the high taxes they better bring the best version if they want us to buy :]
my forglights are stock ur right ! and the tailights are blackened in a costum paint shop they put it in the "paint oven" (dont know the exact name in english...) i think it looks best that way...

anywayz about the police in israel ... they suck ... we have alot of car accidents in israel and the cops dont know how to handle it , the easiest thing for them to do is to get some money out of our pockets by giving us tickets and run after moded cars... lately its becoming very annoying they spend alot of money and police force to capture the sport cars in israel instead of stopping the drunk and other crazy non-licensed drivers... its so idiotic that they stop moded cars and spoils cars club meetings and drags... cause it has nothing to do with accidents though its good to know that we are not the only one with that prob...
but unlike usa and every country in the this world we dont have motorsports ... its e-legal to oficially race cars on tracks here ... so even for drags we need to go to airstripes and closed roads...or go to cyprus (small greek island next to us) for real races ...

you probably have so many options in the usa , so many sport cars ... porsches from all the years , skylines and silvias , ferraris , vipers ,cobras , lotus , lambs and more ... all these cars are very rear in our country most of them are not even sold here ... i geuss that a regular 2001 911 carrera in the us would cost about 60k $? in israel a 911 turbo 2001 costs more than 150k $ ... so even if you dont get the jdm imprezas you shouldnt complain

bytheway . just so you know everybody in our country loves USA , we have the best relationships with the US , we help each other alot with the muslem terror problems and you help us in everything else (such as weapns money and etc,,,) ... we get alot of visits by clinton , bush and other famous politicians... we get jay leno every night ...
we are lucky to have you by our side !
Old 12-14-2005, 05:52 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
+1 for that Moran, +1 for the nice car, and +1 for representing the subie crowd in a foreign land (to us here in the US ...

Welcome to the i-club.

Your cities are on my to-be-visited list now btw...
Old 12-16-2005, 10:42 PM

Car Info: WRX2002
Hello friends from around the world, I am new here and I am representing the Scooby croud on Puerto Rico. We are small, we have a very bad goverment(they never make up their minds about anything) but dang we Love the good ol' USA. I drive a 02 WRX. I am currently on the process of moding it.

I take the oportunity to welcome our friend from Israel. Dude here on this tiny Island we love your Country and all of you.

Never thoug the Israely woman was so dang beautiful...God bless you all my friends!!!!!!
Old 12-17-2005, 12:09 AM

Car Info: 05 WRX
Oy vey!!! That Moran chick is H-O-T. Gotta love it. And, TurBoy, your car's pretty nice too. ;-P
Old 12-18-2005, 08:33 PM

Car Info: 2004 PSM WRX
Welcome to the club!

+1 for the Suby. +1 for Israeli chicks.

It's interesting to hear what it's like in other countries straight from the people that are there. I can't believe how pricey cars are over there, and it's funny you guys have similar issues with mods/cops.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:03 AM

Car Info: 1996 Subaru Outback
I was in israel this summer, the majority of subarus that I saw were from the 80's of 70's...glad to see some new ones.