Ongoing Projects Want to share your ongoing Subaru project with the rest of Subaru Community? Tell us what you did, how you did it and what else are you going to do.

My new project. Many pictures. 2800 baud users beware.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 12:57 AM

Car Info: None.
Originally Posted by poser
start selling yourself again, and you'll make up the money in no time...
I have lost like 30 pounds since you saw me last. ... no, your Z06 would still try to kill me if I sat in it.

As for the fogs - they're long gone. Sold to someone on the east coast if I remember correctly. They were in *****in' shape though!
Old 07-23-2008, 10:11 AM

Car Info: 1996 Impreza Brighton bone stock sadly
Originally Posted by Latka
No worries - there are a handfull of guys out there that really would / did help. People like that make the car "hobby" a lot of fun.

...as soon as dsbaruuuuu chews through that ankle shackle I put on him in October I'm screwed. I've been careful to only allow him enough chain to walk around the car and work on it. Next thing you know he's going to want to hang out with the other kids.

Upudateu time! Dave has been coming over (as usual) and helping out big time with the car. We're not 100% yet, but we're really damn close. Gotta bleed the brakes again and lengthen the battery cables. Then need to make brackets for the radiator top pin jammies (and a place to hold the hood prop). Gotta put in the driver's side dash underneath-the-column bits. Gotta take it to get it aligned and throw it up on a rack to make sure the up-pipe isn't leaning against the power steering lines. I picked the up-pipe up from another board member. Great guy, but man that pipe was a pain in the butt. Had to bend the sensor way down 'cause the manufacturer put it on the valve cover side. The studs didn't want to line up with the factory turbo, etc, etc. Even *out* of the car it was a royal pain. I'm praying to Thor that we don't have to take it out with the engine in place.

I rocked some "Krylon Rebuild" action on the center console. It's darker than the dash pieces, but much closer in color than the light grey was. It'll work for now until we can get the proper colored stuff in there.

I took some pictures and then put the driver's seat and the rear seat cushions in. Doh! Still looks a little unfinished but it's getting close.

Ok ok...enough blabbering. Here are some pictures.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Yeah - check my hobo style, boyeeeeeee!
what intake is that on the old 'L' engine?? i would love to get one for my car
Old 07-23-2008, 10:55 AM

Car Info: 5.4RS
weapon r

Last edited by Ditchhanger; 07-23-2008 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Big D can't speel
Old 07-23-2008, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by ds baruuuuu
weapon r
DOH! Edited by the J.

That 2.2L engine sounds best when it's quiet. You don't want to attract any unnecessary rice ... next thing you know some 95 Civic hatchback with a huge-*** wing on the top will be following you around.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
Originally Posted by Latka

Eech. Lots of wrench turning to get the stuff out! Dave keeps saying, "ah, that was the easy stuff."

Funny thats what he keeps telling me. Whats even funnier he's right.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:15 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Another thread moved by "the man"...ha ha ha.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:34 PM

Car Info: 09 xt
Originally Posted by bpang1
Another thread moved by "the man"...ha ha ha.
Yeah, it's a 2yr old thread and it gets moved this week. TLY
Old 09-30-2008, 11:45 PM

Hey - got an update for y'all. Here are a few pics (for sale stuff going to link to this thread)

Dashboard / front of the cabin.

Name:  IMG_3529.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  98.2 KB

"L" upper dash and RS 2.5 lower dash. "L" center console repainted to match (pretty close) the dash stuff. Australian WRX seats front and rear. They're not as light as they look in the photo.

Name:  IMG_3520.jpg
Size:  114.7 KB

Aussie WRX rear seats. They split (unlike the stock seats). That's my ultra rare JDM cross-drilled hood support back there in the trunk. Errr... it's back there 'cause the WRX one is different - the "L" one (that one) won't fit under things without being re-bent up front.

Name:  IMG_3519.jpg
Size:  104.2 KB

Driver's side door - you can see one of the dings in the door. I thought this angle would catch 'em better, but at least I you can see one. There are a couple more, and they're all like that- they look like door dings. Oh - "Back to Black" made the handles and trim look way better.

Name:  IMG_3522.jpg
Size:  40.3 KB

OEM Driver's Side replacement fender. The darker stuff has faded a bit (with washing and being in the sun). Fender is still in perfect shape - just needs to be painted.

Name:  IMG_3523.jpg
Size:  63.8 KB

Hood is from a black RS 2.5. Scoop and vents were from a blue RS 2.5, that's why they look different. No, it's not carbon fiber. No dents in the hood - but it has some of the "Starry Night" look on the leading edge from stones on the road.

Roof - lightly oxidized. No clear coat peeling or anything up there. You can see where the PO had their surf racks though if you stand at the right angle (different wear from the sun that's all)

Name:  IMG_3525.jpg
Size:  30.1 KB

Rear spoiler. No huge cracks in it or anything, but it's all faded / scraggly lookin' that's for sure.

Name:  IMG_3524.jpg
Size:  48.4 KB

I will post a "for sale" ad in the proper section.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:17 AM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
sikck car!
Old 10-01-2008, 10:01 PM

It has been a good little car, and with some paint and suspension it'd be a badass little ride. Unfortunately I can't keep it though - changing careers and back in school means all my toys have to go. Gotta whittle down the expenses until I'm done with school.

Posted 'er up in the Hawaii for sale section and on our local craigslist.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:02 AM

Car is sold. Thanks for all the help from the Subie guys - Dave, Fran, Joey, Toku, et all. Toku - your car lives on! I'm sure I forgot some people but thank you all very much. Poser - thank you for your... "morale" visits. Oh, and don't worry - the doc said everything came back negative.

Last edited by Latka; 10-19-2008 at 11:32 AM.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:57 AM

Car Info: Subaru 2009 Forester
haha,good job,enjoy yourself is the most important thing~~~~
i had no chance to do the same thing just like you did,
anyway,we havn't enough time and money to do that,we must do our best to finish the job form the company~~~~