Ongoing Projects Want to share your ongoing Subaru project with the rest of Subaru Community? Tell us what you did, how you did it and what else are you going to do.

My new project. Many pictures. 2800 baud users beware.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 09:30 PM

Car Info: 04 XTi.............. Seats down..G's up
Originally Posted by ds baruuuuu
actually the more im thinkin we are goin to use the wrx column but we gotta chisle the wrx ign off the column and put the l one on
why the hell can't you use the wrx ignition? am i missing something?? are you not swaping everything?? maybe i need to be there to understand.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:09 PM

Car Info: 5.4RS
easier to make the quick gettaway when you dont need seperate keys one for door and other for ignition and we did not change the dash or any of the bulkhead harness so the plugs on the clock spring are gompletely different.its bot so non of the only connector the same is the ignition the turn signals and all that are different its not hard to take off there are 2 10mm breakaway bolts you gotta chisle off and replace with 2 others alot easier than all the damn soldering i would have to do :character0075:
Old 04-28-2007, 09:17 PM

^^k now that makes sence....gl and have fun with that.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:40 AM

Car Info: None.
Exaclty. If you or anyone else wants to come over and help solder we'll do it. ... wait...what's that? Crickets? Exactly.

Francis came over and busted his butt helping us break down the WRX wagon. Other than that it's been Dave & I. Everyone wants to help until it's time to get dirty.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:40 AM

Car Info: 2007 7.0RS
man, if i knew you wanted help, i woulda been there...i woulda had lots of time before too, since i only worked 3 days a week...but it sux now, since i gotta go in 5x/week...
Old 04-29-2007, 04:05 PM

dude let me know when your gonna do it and if i don't work i'm there...you got my number so call me up or pm me.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:20 PM

No worries - there are a handfull of guys out there that really would / did help. People like that make the car "hobby" a lot of fun.

...as soon as dsbaruuuuu chews through that ankle shackle I put on him in October I'm screwed. I've been careful to only allow him enough chain to walk around the car and work on it. Next thing you know he's going to want to hang out with the other kids.

Upudateu time! Dave has been coming over (as usual) and helping out big time with the car. We're not 100% yet, but we're really damn close. Gotta bleed the brakes again and lengthen the battery cables. Then need to make brackets for the radiator top pin jammies (and a place to hold the hood prop). Gotta put in the driver's side dash underneath-the-column bits. Gotta take it to get it aligned and throw it up on a rack to make sure the up-pipe isn't leaning against the power steering lines. I picked the up-pipe up from another board member. Great guy, but man that pipe was a pain in the butt. Had to bend the sensor way down 'cause the manufacturer put it on the valve cover side. The studs didn't want to line up with the factory turbo, etc, etc. Even *out* of the car it was a royal pain. I'm praying to Thor that we don't have to take it out with the engine in place.

I rocked some "Krylon Rebuild" action on the center console. It's darker than the dash pieces, but much closer in color than the light grey was. It'll work for now until we can get the proper colored stuff in there.

I took some pictures and then put the driver's seat and the rear seat cushions in. Doh! Still looks a little unfinished but it's getting close.

Ok ok...enough blabbering. Here are some pictures.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Yeah - check my hobo style, boyeeeeeee!

Last edited by Latka; 05-16-2007 at 10:23 PM.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:28 PM

yo man lookin good. gona send you a pm in a min. lmk what you think. L8
Old 05-17-2007, 01:48 AM

Hmmm. Tempting offer, but I really think we should get to know each other first. Despite what Poser says I'm not *that* easy. I suppose I could pose for your calendar though.

Bhahahahaha. Man I'm glad I crack myself up. Shot 'ya a PM back - sounds good to me. -Andy
Old 05-17-2007, 02:04 AM

dude i don't want none of that small talk BS...just you, me, and the lube and it's go time. seriously though you the catcher...
Old 05-17-2007, 11:47 AM

Hahahahahahahah. I just woke up and that's the first thing I read. I needed a laugh.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:35 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
i'm "assuming" francis is grabbing the side markers from me for you. i'll see him later today to pass them on to him.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:21 PM

Yep - you'd be correct. He mentioned that he needed to go see 'ya to get 'em. I don't want to rock Fran's bare bulb + orange tape side marker action anymore. ...although it is within the whole hobo scheme...

I should put one of the WRX seats in the front and put the "L" back seat back in. 3 different ...nah. The JDM seats are too comfy. The US ones are nice, but not as nice as the red/black ones.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:24 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
Originally Posted by Latka
Yep - you'd be correct. He mentioned that he needed to go see 'ya to get 'em. I don't want to rock Fran's bare bulb + orange tape side marker action anymore. ...although it is within the whole hobo scheme...

I should put one of the WRX seats in the front and put the "L" back seat back in. 3 different ...nah. The JDM seats are too comfy. The US ones are nice, but not as nice as the red/black ones.
are the ones you have daves aussie seats?
Old 05-17-2007, 02:04 PM

Yeah - the ones that I think were Joey's Aussie seats originally. ...and Jason's hood, soon to be Fran's hood... Dave's hood scoop - parts from all over.

Quick Reply: My new project. Many pictures. 2800 baud users beware.