Ongoing Projects Want to share your ongoing Subaru project with the rest of Subaru Community? Tell us what you did, how you did it and what else are you going to do.

Kellie's 2002 GT35 WRX wagon

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 10:37 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2002 WRX wagon x2
So after a week or so of battling the stupid turbo install with no success, I FINALLY figured out what the problem was. I was having trouble getting the turbo lined up with the turbo inlet because the coolant lines kept hitting the bellhousing. I fought it and fought it and tried installing the old turbo and that wouldn't fit either, and I finally gave in and bought a new uppipe. The flex joint on the old BPM uppipe that came with the car was worn out and somewhat collapsed so the turbo was sitting too low (nobody cares about all these details, but it was the bane of my existence for a week).

Anyway, I got the turbo in, filled fluids, finished removing the POS aftermarket alarm and associated wiring, and...dundundun...

It runs! - YouTube
Old 03-10-2012, 10:47 AM
VIP Member

Less than 900 miles of break-in left!

If you guys get a chance, please "like" my picture so I can win a free photoshoot for my car(s)!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Old 03-12-2012, 03:48 PM

Car Info: 05 Flat White STi, 96 Widebody Brighton
Originally Posted by kellie
Less than 900 miles of break-in left!

If you guys get a chance, please "like" my picture so I can win a free photoshoot for my car(s)!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

this past weekend ewg has been the bane of my existance.. lol.. will like the pic in a moment..
Old 03-13-2012, 05:42 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by c0rehax
this past weekend ewg has been the bane of my existance.. lol.. will like the pic in a moment..
Thanks, and I totally feel your pain.

Car is running great, passed emissions today no problem. AC tensioner pulley is dying though, and my power steering belt is squealing, and my clutch is shuddering and making weird noises, and my coilovers are clunking, and binding and popping, and my brakes are toast. No big deal.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:20 AM

Car is running great, passed emissions today no problem. AC tensioner pulley is dying though, and my power steering belt is squealing, and my clutch is shuddering and making weird noises, and my coilovers are clunking, and binding and popping, and my brakes are toast. No big deal.

but that's what keeps it fun.. lol.. im still screwing with the ewg, such a nightmare.. had 2 different companies send out the wrong parts so the car has been siting for a week just cause of them..

cool thing i found over the weekend though is that atp is making a twinscroll housing for use with their stock location 35r.. might have to take a look into it..

oh n f denver for taking manning from my niners and screwing over tebow!!!!

Last edited by c0rehax; 03-19-2012 at 11:24 AM.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:54 PM
VIP Member

AC pulley: done
Power steering belt: done
Clutch: getting better as it breaks in
Coilovers: meh, whatever. I'll live with it for now.
Brakes: parts come in tomorrow.

Originally Posted by c0rehax
but that's what keeps it fun.. lol.. im still screwing with the ewg, such a nightmare.. had 2 different companies send out the wrong parts so the car has been siting for a week just cause of them..

cool thing i found over the weekend though is that atp is making a twinscroll housing for use with their stock location 35r.. might have to take a look into it..

oh n f denver for taking manning from my niners and screwing over tebow!!!!

Mmmm...twinscroll. Tell me more.

Ewwww...football.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:32 PM

AC pulley: done
Power steering belt: done
Clutch: getting better as it breaks in
Coilovers: meh, whatever. I'll live with it for now.
Brakes: parts come in tomorrow.

Mmmm...twinscroll. Tell me more.

Ewwww...football.
here ya go..

Name:  turbinehousing_front.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  84.3 KB
Old 04-19-2012, 02:52 PM

Car Info: 1998 legacy wgn
Kellie, How is the beast and when will you be heading to the track?
Old 04-19-2012, 04:49 PM
VIP Member

Disclaimer: typing from my phone in Chicago airport. Don't expect my post to make sense.

Originally Posted by Mikaust
Kellie, How is the beast and when will you be heading to the track?
The beast is running great. Found an intake leak from one of the injectors that's probably contributing to my high idle. Going to tackle that next week. The track is open, so I'm hoping to get over there in the next few weeks. I promise, when I go, you WILL hear about it!

I took EFI101 class last weekend at The Boost Creep's shop and met a guy who knows you. I cannot for the life of me remember his name, but he's a Subaru tech and is originally from your neck of the woods, but recently moved to...Idaho? Iowa? Specific, I know.

I've mostly been working on daily driver wagon lately and have some updates that I really need to add to this thread. I haven't been documenting things as thoroughly with that car though. Just doesn't seem as important.

Out of curiosity, do you happen to know if fast wagon ever had an Ecutek or any sort of tune that might have locked the ECU? I've been trying to open source tune my DD wagon and either both ECUs are locked, or theres a problem with the car. Trying to narrow it down.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:14 PM

Car Info: 2018 Tacoma TRD PRO
I need to pick up one of those PTP turbo blankets
Old 04-20-2012, 01:41 PM

Never open sourced it, But I did have the ecutek for checking the vitals and sourcing codes.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:49 PM
VIP Member

Never open sourced it, But I did have the ecutek for checking the vitals and sourcing codes.
That little tidbit of information may prove to be more helpful than you can imagine...thank you!!!!
Old 04-25-2012, 10:52 AM

That little tidbit of information may prove to be more helpful than you can imagine...thank you!!!!
I found the Eutek key if your are interested in it.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:43 AM
VIP Member

I found the Eutek key if your are interested in it.
I actually traded the ECU for an unlocked one yesterday. Hopefully the unlocked one works! If not, I may just say screw it and get a standalone. I would prefer if it didn't come to that though.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:10 PM
VIP Member

Swapped the BPM turboback back onto DD wagon yesterday. It's MUCH happier without cats, but still needs to be tuned. I also replaced the dead rear O2 sensor and got rid of the annoying check engine light.

I decided to give both cars a bath today. They both need to be polished, but I probably won't get to that for another few weeks. This is the first time I've ever taken pictures of them together. They sure are pretty!

Name:  9950be02.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  173.2 KB
Name:  d85af994.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  187.3 KB
Name:  b7b645d4.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  155.4 KB

They both really, really, really need paintless dent repair. I seriously wish I knew how to do PDR and body work. I hate hiring people to do stuff for me.

Last edited by kellie; 04-29-2012 at 08:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Kellie's 2002 GT35 WRX wagon