Ongoing Projects Want to share your ongoing Subaru project with the rest of Subaru Community? Tell us what you did, how you did it and what else are you going to do.

Finally a large thread - MRT Sti hood scoop on 2002 wrx (56k warning)

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 10:49 PM

Post Finally a large thread - MRT Sti hood scoop on 2002 wrx

Right, so here’s a thread with a whole mess of pics for those who always search and get the same pictures that don’t really help.

This is the MRT sti replica hood scoop on my 02wrx. I purchased this from isrperformance or whatever they are, and it was the worst experience of buying anything I’ve ever had. I really wanted to erupt my demon seed into their mouths, but oh well. I think I see now more options for sti scoops on 02-03 wrxs, but when I ordered the ****ing thing in March, there weren’t many options. Yeah I just got it.

Anyway here you can see the impeccable craftsmanship of MRT, including large missing chunks and lord knows what else.

The scoop is attached by 6 screws, and they don’t really fit to well, you can see this one on the side of the hole. I needed some influence to get in there.

Now we can look at the size difference.

Chomp Chomp

Now we’ll see some before and after pics.

No the important view, the inside.

A couple on the road

So there you have it, I hope this helps people a little bit. A lot of people don’t like the look, and I can understand it cause the thing is disgustingly large, which I like. I think the shape of it compliments the spoiler, as seen in this pic.

Last edited by bauhaus; 09-11-2004 at 04:22 PM.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:53 PM

uff

I apologize for the size of the pics.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:07 PM

q
Old 09-09-2004, 08:51 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Would you please resize those down to 800x600? In some of the pics, the size makes it so I can't even tell what I'm looking at. Thanks.

In fact, there were so many ginormous pics, I had to block all images from the domain on which you have them hosted just to get the site to work so I could move the thread

Last edited by nachomc; 09-09-2004 at 08:53 AM.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:40 AM

Car Info: wrb wingless sti
welcome to the club my mom works in ann arbor, i used to live in south lyon . nice to see some MI subie love !
Old 09-09-2004, 09:40 AM

Car Info: wrb wingless sti
welcome to the club my mom works in ann arbor, i used to live in south lyon . nice to see some MI subie love !
Old 09-09-2004, 09:47 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
holy crap...I can't see a damn thing and it was jumping all over while it loaded...and I'm on a pretty good speed network at work. Resize those bad boys.

beyond that...personally...I think it's too big. I do like the new shape better...I have an 04. But with the round shapes of the 02/03 I think just an 02/03 sti scoop would have been a better look. But if you're planning like...a lip or maybe something to make it seem wider/beefier up front then it would look better.

But that's just me. I was gonna put the 04 sti scoop on my wagon but it's just too dang big. When I get a bigger Top mount then maybe I'll get one cause it will have a use...but man it's huge...I've talked to quite a few sti guys that are trading out for stock wrx scoops for that very reason.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:54 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
holy crap...I can't see a damn thing and it was jumping all over while it loaded...and I'm on a pretty good speed network at work. Resize those bad boys.

beyond that...personally...I think it's too big. I do like the new shape better...I have an 04. But with the round shapes of the 02/03 I think just an 02/03 sti scoop would have been a better look. But if you're planning like...a lip or maybe something to make it seem wider/beefier up front then it would look better.

But that's just me. I was gonna put the 04 sti scoop on my wagon but it's just too dang big. When I get a bigger Top mount then maybe I'll get one cause it will have a use...but man it's huge...I've talked to quite a few sti guys that are trading out for stock wrx scoops for that very reason.
I agree. Especially on the bug eyes, the JDM '02/'03 STi scoop is the way to go
Old 09-09-2004, 10:31 AM

well

I cant see an easy way of resizing them, so we'll just leave them this way.
This thread is really for people who are very interested in seeing this, and how it will affect their car. Those people can just just save the pics and resize them, or it'll get resized in windows to their liking. Maybe I can get around to resizing them soon.
Old 09-09-2004, 10:37 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bauhaus
I cant see an easy way of resizing them, so we'll just leave them this way.
This thread is really for people who are very interested in seeing this, and how it will affect their car. Those people can just just save the pics and resize them, or it'll get resized in windows to their liking. Maybe I can get around to resizing them soon.
The problem is that with the size of those images, you can't really see much at all.

I did the grunt work for you:

http://www.download.com/3120-20-0.ht...search=+Go%21+

Pick one, download it, go to town.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:11 AM

yeah thanks i already know how to resize pics.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:16 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bauhaus
yeah thanks i already know how to resize pics.
I was just trying to assist you. Since you said you couldn't see an easy way to do it I figured you didn't know how, not that you were being lazy. Thanks for clearing it up for me.
Old 09-09-2004, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by sonicsuby
I was just trying to assist you. Since you said you couldn't see an easy way to do it I figured you didn't know how, not that you were being lazy. Thanks for clearing it up for me.

No problem tiger.
Old 09-10-2004, 07:26 AM

Car Info: civic
wow those are big. those are almost life size pictures of the car
Old 09-11-2004, 11:20 AM

Car Info: #400
I could understand a few 1600x1200 size pictures or whatever they are, but around 25 of them is a little out of hand...They are too big to even compare to another one...

Quick Reply: Finally a large thread - MRT Sti hood scoop on 2002 wrx (56k warning)