Ongoing Projects Want to share your ongoing Subaru project with the rest of Subaru Community? Tell us what you did, how you did it and what else are you going to do.

Check out my scooby..

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 01:23 AM

Car Info: MY02 WRX
Originally posted by lildragn11
keep the pics of those old school gc8's coming!!!
My GF8 - it's a wagon, but a classic
Old 01-13-2004, 09:49 PM

Car Info: '05 Saabaru 92x Aero
yea cdnsuby...post some of those pics....let's see them!
Old 01-16-2004, 07:16 PM

here's one of my new favorite pics that i just took
Attached Thumbnails Check out my scooby..-129_2944-resized.jpg  
Old 01-18-2004, 12:52 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: evo
is there a clean looking projector for the GC8, I just think the lights look cheap. The two light housings never seem to mesh in color and apperaace. I'm not really one to talk I did the headlight mod on my WRX.
Old 01-19-2004, 02:02 AM

Well initially i had my sight set on an 89-91 325is BUT...BUT i fell in love with the E30 M3....in my opinion, one of the SEXIEST cars alive!! So i was young and stupid and unsupervised when i bought my first M3 (POS...straight up...it had a salvaged title).

Anyways...when the car did run right...it was an amazing machine!! 200hp roughly out of a 4-cyl. = lots of fun. That motor is bad *** and the handling to match that! Let's just say that you can buy an E30 M3 and take it straight to the track....kinda like the STI of bmw's.

Well long story short, i had so many F-ing problems with the car that i eventually sold it...just became a heartbreak and dollar drainer everytime it was in the shop. In december of last year i bought my 01 2.5rs. I couldn't have been happier especially coming from a POS.

Let's just say this....if the M3 was in good condition i would have kept it!!!!!! It's an F-ing amazing machine....AND you get props from old guys driving around M5's!! HAHA...I used to always get people gawking (i can't spell) at my car and giving me thumbs up!

So in conclusion...if you have the money to maintain an older piece of history (M3) and don't mind forking out big bucks when things go wrong....then go for it!!! Personally, i'm still in college and i don't have those kind of funds. The 2.5rs on the other hand...I love this car to death also!! It's dependable, handles like crazy ( i have suspension mods), and is a blast to drive as well. If you're thinking about shear power those...i think both cars are about even...i've seen a video of the two racing and the 2.5 beats the m3 by a lil bit because of the launch. PLUS...AWD is awesome and you can have the confidence (well more) in the rain and snow.

If i could have both i would, the subaru for everyday and the m3 as the weekend, everyone look at me car!

Let me know what you end up getting....if you have any specific question about either car just PM me.....

Last edited by lildragn11; 01-19-2004 at 02:06 AM.
Old 01-19-2004, 02:09 AM

I still dream about the M3 sometimes in my sleep and about how one day i'm going to own one again! BUT this time it's going to be expensive and in good *** condition before i get that thing!

I still give respect to all those old school Bimmers!!! Maybe i'll get an old 325ix someday and use that as a track/beater car!

Quick Reply: Check out my scooby..