Ongoing Projects Want to share your ongoing Subaru project with the rest of Subaru Community? Tell us what you did, how you did it and what else are you going to do.

Calling for all Older Subaru Impreza Models year 2000 and before

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2003, 07:08 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5RS
Originally posted by Shiseiji
I think this is how you do this(kinda new to the whole forum bit..) Anyway, my car is an older Impreza on a shoestring budget. This might not mean much to most of you guys with the new WRXs and such, but hey, she's paid for and dependable.
She is a 93 Impreza L sedan named Suzy(already named when I bought her). It's bad luck to rename a boat, so I'm not taking chances with my car. Anyway, I picked her up for 400 bucks. Put a new halfshaft under passenger side and a new window in passenger side(she got broken into before I bought her). Hit the salvage yard for some interior parts and stuck in a cd player I had lying around. Since then I found the closest thing to a performance tire I could in 13 inch and put those on. 30 bucks each cuz I used to work at a local tire place here and got the good ole boy discount. Then found out a universal cone air filter from APC fit right onto the existing air tube so I got rid of the box under the fender and put that on. Nice improvement in sound. And only cost me 24 bucks. Next I'm thinking of a catalytic converter removal and a glasspack. I need to wash her and get a pic or two up here. Thanx for listening. Later.
I know you are on a budget, but anything made by APC is god-awful garbage. When it comes time to replace it, buy anything else. What color is she? You should be able to pick up some REX rims and tires for ~$200. If you get 15s from a Legacy, probably even less. Both should be a huge improvement. As would a new rear swaybar (only ~$80 or less). Is she AWD?

JC
Old 08-17-2003, 07:32 PM

Car Info: 1993 Impreza L sedan
No... unfortunately she is not AWD...
And yeah, I shoulda prolly sprung for the K & N I spoze. I know nothing about APC. It worked tho so I was happy. She is the Agean blue color, but that is damaged too. I thot about a set of WRX rims and may still do that. She needed anything else other than what she had on her so I got 13s for now.

I'm thinking i'd like to find a newer than 93 2.5 RS but I'm still paying off my bike and working thru school... Too many hobbies.
Old 08-17-2003, 08:50 PM

What year did the 2.5 RS come out in the states?
Old 08-17-2003, 10:22 PM

Car Info: 2.5RS
To my knowledge the RS came out in 1998 and from 98 - 99 it was DOCH and then changed to SOHC from 00-01. These are the old body styles and I think it is still SOHC.

-Matt
Old 08-17-2003, 11:03 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
'99 was the bastardized SOHC MAF leftover. If you had an AWD car, I would recommend sticking to it- it can be made VERY fast on an autocross track. however, the real advantagfe the car has is the AWD, so it would probably be easier to find a newer car to start with. Glad to find someone attached to a car like that though!
Old 08-18-2003, 06:42 AM

Hey Ban,

You're talking about my lil old 93 2wd Impreza L? If she was AWD she'd really be something to tune, huh? Personally I think she's kinda rough around the edges but I kinda like her. I just want something with a lil extra power for the street and highway.

Jay
Old 08-18-2003, 12:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: SCBYDON
My 93 L

Old 08-18-2003, 12:05 PM
VIP Member

^ another 2WD Impreza L
Old 08-18-2003, 03:07 PM

subiedon,

Hey yours looks nice man. Can you tell me where you got all of the clear lighting for it?

thanx, later,

Jay
Old 08-19-2003, 09:38 AM
VIP Member

subiedon,

Hey yours looks nice man. Can you tell me where you got all of the clear lighting for it?

thanx, later,

Jay
STi Cluster Rear Tails and the Banana bumper signals are both from AFSMotorsports.com

Clear sidemarker and clear corner lenses from Procarparts.com

Hope this helps and thanks for the compliment.
Old 08-19-2003, 07:12 PM

Thanx man, I'm definitely going to look into those. I think they look so much better. One more question, did u put any after market interior parts on yours? Particularly a steering wheel? I am having a bit of trouble finding one for Suzy... going to try another place tomorrow.
Old 08-20-2003, 10:13 AM
VIP Member

Thanx man, I'm definitely going to look into those. I think they look so much better. One more question, did u put any after market interior parts on yours? Particularly a steering wheel? I am having a bit of trouble finding one for Suzy... going to try another place tomorrow.
...no problem, will probably do, hoping for a JDM WRX steering wheel, all i have for interior are USDM WRX seats front/rears

regards
Old 08-20-2003, 01:38 PM

I'm still working on getting a Grant wheel for Suzy.

Hey, just for future reference, what kinda body kit is yours too? And can you tell me what it set you back?

thanx

Jay
Old 08-20-2003, 01:49 PM
VIP Member

its the SYMS replica kit and about 7-8 bills for the front, skirts, and rear
Old 08-20-2003, 01:51 PM

Yikes... ok, maybe a lil rich for my blood. Did you see how much I paid for Suzy?? Thanx again tho man.

Quick Reply: Calling for all Older Subaru Impreza Models year 2000 and before