NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

WTT: 95 Impreza L w/ Full 96 JDM WRX Motor/Drivetrain (RHD)

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 11:26 AM

Car Info: 95 RHD WRX
WTT: 95 Impreza L w/ Full 96 JDM WRX Motor/Drivetrain (RHD)

Alright well, it's come to about that time. I started building this car with the intention of building an autox/track car monster. When I started buliding this car, gas was 2.20 and I could afford quite a lot on just my part time job while I've been going to school. Now gas here is 4.25 for premium, which is absolutely destroying my pocketbooks. I love this car dearly, but it just does not fit my needs at this point in time. I'm a college student and I have a wrx wagon that I drive daily, so I will have my suby fix. I've driven the gc8 steadily less and less as the weeks go on. In fact in the entire year where I've owned and built this car, it's driven it less than 3k miles. I don’t need two subaru’s, I’m moving down to Socal in January for school and I have too many expenses lately to maintain these two great cars. My car has never even been to an autox or to the track. All modifications were done with the intention of finishing the car early 2008 and to go tracking over the summertime but I have bigger obligations I must worry about including school and traveling. All VINN numbers on car are USDM Impreza L, there is no VINN on the engine or on the dash. The car is 95, the last year for OBD1, all JDM motors are also OBD1, I made sure of buying the correct year shell for my project. This makes smog easier as there is no plug in test for smog, only sniffer, and it passes sniffer very easily. Legally registered and insured. My insurence is less than HALF of what it is on my WRX because it shows up on your insurence has a 100hp 4 door subaru sedan.

Modlist

95 Subaru Impreza L
Manual Windows/Locks
Light Weight JDM Front Bumper Beam

Exterior:
JDM Version 4 WRX Bumper
RS Hood
Version 4 WRX Grill
Rock Blocker Taillights Tinted Solid Red
WRX 3 Piece OEM Lip
JDM Clear Cornors
Cwest Side Skirts

Wheels/Rubber:
17"X8" Rays(Volk) Gramlight 57S w/
245/40/17 Toyo Proxies

Engine/Power:
Version 2 JDM WRX(1996 EJ20G) Engine
USDM WRX ignition coilpack conversion
TD05 16g Turbo
Z5 WRX RA V-Limited ECU
Catless Downpipe (3"
02 Stock WRX Catback (Tried to make it as quiet as possible.)
AC Delete
CAI Intake
EJ20k Water Box

Driveline:
STi-RA Quick Steering Rack(2.7 Turns lock to lock)
STi Short Shift linkage
Version 4 JDM WRX Gearbox(4.11 Final Drive)
JDM STi Mechanical LSD
Exedy Clutch
12lb Lightweight Flywheel
JDM Aluminum Control Arms

Interior:
STi V3 Doorcards
Full RHD WRX Dash Conversion
USDM 02 WRX Front/Rear Seats
Nardi Steering Wheel
Nardi Shiftknob

Suspension/Brakes:
JDM WRX Vented Rear Brakes(10.7"
05 Legacy GT Front Brakes(12.3"
9K/5k 24 Way Adjustable Coilovers
20mm JDM STi Rear Sway Bar
05 WRX Heavy Duty Sway Bar mounts/bushings

Engine has approximately 55,XXXX miles on it. Gauge cluster was replaced and current displays 118,XXX kilometers. Clutch and Flywheel only have 1k miles on each, were replaced earlier this year. Gearbox was replaced with newer 97 JDM WRX gearbox with approx 40,XXX miles.

Car makes approximately 285hp and weighs less than 2600 pounds. It is much faster than my old modded mr2 turbo, and even pulls a bit harder than my friends evo.

Car is mechanically perfect, Coilovers have 100 miles on them. I put them on straight out of the box earlier this week.

Bad:
Salvage Title (Never been in an accident)
Car needs a paintjob, as well as the molding holes on the side of the car and trunk holes will have to be filled.
Gas Tank Meter Sensor went out (have entire cage assembly that will be included)
Door Locks have issues, front left door does not open with key, left rear does not open from inside, and trunk lock does not match. Ignition has seperate key as the collumn is from japan(obviously).
Some interior plastics missing
No Sound Deadening
No A/C

I’m looking for a trade for a stock or close to stock, low milage RS cash. I just need something that gets a little better gas milage and just be comfortable to commute in. This is a great opportunity for someone who always wanted to build a gc8 project. My car has pretty much everything you’d want in a gc8. I’ve spent well over 13k on this car, all it needs now is just someone to clean it up slightly, paint it whatever color you fancy and love it forever. It runs mechanically perfect and has not given me any issues. I would like to sell to a gc8 enthusiast and someone who I know will take care of the car well. I’ve always babied this car, and it’s been my pride and joy. I want someone who will treat it well and take it to the beast I know it can be.

I’m looking for about $1000-2000 cash on top of a clean title 2.5RS. Willing to negotiate depending on how nice RS is.

I would also be willing to trade for a 2.5RS straight but without: Legacy GT Brakes, Cusco Braces, Gramlights (will put on 02 wrx wheels), Cwest Skirts, 3 Piece WRX Lip.

My member journal, for more reading and pictures: http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71110

Skirts not mounted, only test fit^

old suspension^

Last edited by derekthecynic; 05-10-2008 at 06:21 PM.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:40 AM

Car Info: 2000 2 door RS/ daily driver vtech
how much would you sell it for with no trade? please pm thanks
Old 05-03-2008, 09:44 AM

Car Info: 2003 PSM WRX, 80 Brat ready for Chevy 350 Swap.
pics of the engine bay???
Old 05-03-2008, 09:56 AM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
Nooooooo not you too

Looks like alot of people are selling their scoobs. I miss RS, but in due time I'll have something much better

GLIA man. Sad to see another GC go away.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:01 AM

Car Info: 2003 PSM WRX, 80 Brat ready for Chevy 350 Swap.
not just any GC.. but a jdm...
Old 05-03-2008, 10:33 AM

Car Info: '99 2.5rs - Rally Blue
Does it smog? I have a clean title Rally Blue that I am bored of. Would love to swap it but don't have the means to do so.
________
Vapir No2

Last edited by svek; 02-20-2011 at 04:24 PM.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:57 PM

Car Info: 2001 2.5 RS coupe Silverthorn
yes. 100% legal cali smog
Old 05-10-2008, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by wrxisthebest
pics of the engine bay???

IC was trimmed to fit enormous cusco strut tower brace but will include spare JDM STi EJ20g Intercooler as well.

Car will smog legally, passes sniffer with no problems at all. I actually passed with an aftermarket fujisubo exhaust initially but am now rubbing a USDM WRX catback which has no issues. Some shops are are **** about visual but most aren't, I just brought my car to a 76 in the city and paid 40 bucks to get it smooged, nothing illegal done.

Car is OBD 1 so there is no plug in, motor is also OBD1 so there's no issues there. No vinn on ANY jdm parts. All VINN's on car match the US registration.

Yokohama ADVAN Sport Tires 235/45/17 just mounted and balanced and put on the car.

Last edited by derekthecynic; 05-10-2008 at 05:28 PM.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:10 PM

Car Info: 13 Taco Double Cab 4x4/ 71 Datsun 510
How much for just a sale?
Old 05-10-2008, 07:24 PM

Looking for about 9500
Old 05-10-2008, 10:41 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
aww that would be awesome if it were LHD. I dont wanna have to learn how to downshift in a RHD! I have a hard enough time as it is.
Old 05-11-2008, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
aww that would be awesome if it were LHD. I dont wanna have to learn how to downshift in a RHD! I have a hard enough time as it is.
It's the same, the gearbox is in the same place, the pattern is the same. I drive LHD WRX wagon and RHD GC8 everyday, it's really not as weird as people make it out to be. It's very easy to drive, if anything the hardest part is remembering which side the turn signals are on when you switch back and forth. Otherwise, just natural.