NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

WTB: 99-05 2.5RS less than $3000

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 05:39 PM

Car Info: Fast
a couple for ya, although probably not ideal:

1995 Subaru Impreza L

1999 subaru impreza 2.5 rs

And another prime example of someone with unrealistic expectations:

2000 impreza 2.5rs obo
Old 08-26-2011, 05:47 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by aboothman
a couple for ya, although probably not ideal:

1995 Subaru Impreza L

1999 subaru impreza 2.5 rs

And another prime example of someone with unrealistic expectations:

2000 impreza 2.5rs obo

that last one isn't too far off from what they'll get. You've got to be a complete moron to list your car for what you expect to get out of it. NO ONE just pays what you ask for a car. So asking for $8000 is like saying... $7000. And for a car with a rebuilt motor and other maintenance done in that kind of condition is well within what you see.

Yes there are cars out there for your bluebook prices because people use it as their guide... and I find EDMUNDS to be much more accurate by the way. But people are right... you look on an enthusiast site for the most part you're gonna find cars priced to that market. Some of these people are NUTS. $18k for an RS because it has a swap in it. Adam's track prepped RS didn't even go for that and that's one of the cleanest RS's I've ever seen. *WAS.

Yeah they're out there but you'll have to be patient if you want one with a clean body. Clean body RS's WITHOUT motors go for $2000-3500.

and folks are right. If you're open to L's and wagons you can find a decent running vehicle in that range pretty easy.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:49 PM

Car Info: 2004 Silver WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
that last one isn't too far off from what they'll get. You've got to be a complete moron to list your car for what you expect to get out of it. NO ONE just pays what you ask for a car.
I paid pretty much asking price for my car. Sure, it was priced well out of the gate and we knocked a few hundred off for this-and-that, but the used car market is pretty strong right now. X2 for the Subaru used car market. Even that CL idiot with all the autozone stick on mods seems to have sold his.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:00 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by PArex
I paid pretty much asking price for my car. Sure, it was priced well out of the gate and we knocked a few hundred off for this-and-that, but the used car market is pretty strong right now. X2 for the Subaru used car market. Even that CL idiot with all the autozone stick on mods seems to have sold his.
yeah it's nuts.

My wife and I just bought a brand new 2011 forester for LESS than every 2010 that we saw and the dealerships wouldn't budge on prices for used cars but seemed willing to not make any money on new ones. I think they made $100 on us for the price of the car. We added some other stuff so they probably made more like $800-1000 of us but still.

It's always about what people are willing to pay not what you're willing to sell for. Ultimately if you want to sell something and no one wants to pay what you're asking eventually you have to take highest bidder or just decide to keep it. But it seems there's always someone that wants something... that's why you see people selling V1 access ports for $300 and others for $100.

When I bought my civic I payed dead on what the dude was asking because it was a steal. Under kbb and edmunds.