NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

VQ35 Nissan Test Engine. 350Z longblock - rods & pistons + extras. Basically new!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 02:47 PM

Car Info: '98 Legacy GT - EJ20 swap, STI RA tranny, VF22+
Arrow VQ35 Nissan Test Engine. 350Z longblock - rods & pistons + extras. Basically new!

I bought this to build but I'm not going to end up doing it. Up for sale is a 2003 VQ35 from a Nissan 350Z (JDM, if it matters). This was a Nissan test engine. I'm not sure what exactly they were testing. It appears to have practically no run time on it at all. The combustion chambers showed only very slight signs of being run (extremely minimal carbon deposits, zero wear, no heat discoloration). The company that imported this from Japan was expecting a complete longblock, but it had no pistons and no rods in it. I think Nissan was testing something having to do with breaking in a new engine... maybe they wanted to examine the piston rings after a few miles or something.

Anyway, it's practically brand new and everything is in perfect condition.

What I have is:

Shortblock with crank (no rods, no pistons). Front engine cover (timing belt cover) included.
Complete cylinder heads (cams, valves, valve springs, valve covers, etc. It's all there)
Intake manifold
Some extra items like crank pulley and throttle body and fuel rails and maybe injectors etc etc. I honestly forget all of the stuff that was bolted to the engine. It's definitely not a complete engine, but it's a longblock + lots of extra items... far from being a bare longblock.

^^^ all of this stuff is for sale.

PLUS -- I'll help the buyer out with anything that we carry for doing a build on this block. That means wholesale pricing on Eagle, Carrillo, JE, Mahle, Supertech, Brian Crower, ARP, Cometic, Kelford Cams, AEM, Turbonetics, TurboXS, HKS, ACT, and many many more.... if it bolts to the engine or is engine management-related, I'll do it at wholesale for the purchaser of this engine!!!

We can also professionally port & polish the cylinder heads for N/A or forced induction use. Our typical stage 2 port (full P&P on intake and exhaust ports plus combustion chambers) is $1195 for a 6-cylinder, 24-valve engine. For the purchaser of this engine, it's $950.

The engine is located in San Francisco, CA. I would MUCH rather this be a local pick-up deal. However, the engine is bolted to a very cool engine stand and, if really necessary and if the price is right, I'm willing to put it on a pallet and freight the thing out.

Jeremy
CrucialRacing@gmail.com

Old 10-01-2008, 05:57 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Ver IV STi Wagon
post this up on zilvia.net

oh, like the bird in the last pic