NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

Stromung dual-tip cat-back for 93-01 Impreza

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 10:44 AM

Car Info: '08 FXT Dark Gray Metallic
Stromung dual-tip cat-back for 93-01 Impreza

Hi,

I have grown up quite a lot in 3-years and am carrying more than just the usual enthusiasts around in my 2.5RS these days. Therefore, I am, though a bit reluctantly, putting up my exhaust for sale. It is am amazing exhaust/mid-pipe and I love it dearly, but unfortunately I am going to part with it. It has a great note to it and can be very quiet at times under normal driving condition (on the streets). On the freeway if you have the windows down or the sunroof open, you can barely hear it over the wind noise (under normal driving conditions). However, when you open up the throttle it becomes a great noticeable sound

It is a 3-year old, dual-tipped, Stromung exhaust and mid-pipe (all bolt-on) for my 2000 2.5RS (it will fit 1993-2001 models). I am looking to get rid of it, however, the catch is I don't have my stock exhaust any more. So, the condition on selling the exhaust is that I can have your stock one. When I put this on it took no more than 30min. (we had air tools) because the exhaust and mid-pipe are held on by only 3 bolts each. Along with the exhaust I will also exchange the stronger hangers to hold it (since the new exhaust is a little heavier).

I would like to sell this (plus the trade for yours) for $150, which includes the exhaust, mid-pipe and hangers. Since it is going to be a swap, we can both help transfer the exhausts.

I don't happen to have pictures on me now to put online, but here are some I found of the exhaust:

I live in the Bay Area, so please keep that in mind.

Thanks,

~Eric
Old 12-12-2005, 11:57 AM

Car Info: 98 GF, 95 Leg LSi, 91 Leg Sport Sedan
Dang. Wrong part of the world...
Old 12-12-2005, 11:59 AM

You are more than welcome to make the drive
Old 12-12-2005, 01:24 PM

Car Info: '02 WRagon
hhmmm...wonder if it would fit a 2.2l wagon?

how did that sound? somewhat quiet?
Old 12-12-2005, 03:18 PM

Car Info: '99 2.5rs - Rally Blue
Originally Posted by N600
hhmmm...wonder if it would fit a 2.2l wagon?

how did that sound? somewhat quiet?
yah it fits. stromung is decently loud

is there any rust on this exhaust? the old stromung systems are known for rusting
________
FORD 4F27E TRANSMISSION HISTORY

Last edited by svek; 02-20-2011 at 01:05 PM.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:19 PM

To the best of my knowledge, it will probably fit... but I would ask someone else in one of the technical forums. It does sound very nice. Very inconspicuous if you are trying to be, and a nice-sounding note when tapped

Send me a PM and let me know where you are located if you would like to see it. And maybe open a thread in another forum with the question about the exhausts fitting... Mine is a 2.5 engine, so I'm not sure if that will make a difference coming off of the cat or not, but I wouldn't think so (again, I'm no expert so I'm not sure).
Old 12-12-2005, 03:23 PM

I don't think there is any rust, however, I haven't looked at it past the actual exhaust. Just to note though, mine is a black exhaust with stainless stell tips (like in the picture I posted), whereas I have seen other pictures where the actual exhaust box is silver... so I'm not sure if those are the ones that rust or not.

On the picture I posted, there are small stickers around each exhaust that say "Stromung" and those have heated up over time and are no more... I think there is a residual something, but it's not rust.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:47 PM

Car Info: '99 2.5rs - Rally Blue
Originally Posted by 2point5AWD
I don't think there is any rust, however, I haven't looked at it past the actual exhaust. Just to note though, mine is a black exhaust with stainless stell tips (like in the picture I posted), whereas I have seen other pictures where the actual exhaust box is silver... so I'm not sure if those are the ones that rust or not.

On the picture I posted, there are small stickers around each exhaust that say "Stromung" and those have heated up over time and are no more... I think there is a residual something, but it's not rust.
the old ones (black with SS tips) are prone to rusting. the new ones are full SS. i may be interested, but i would like an actual picture of the exhaust proving there is no rust. and it seems you have had it for quite some time so its likely there is. although it depends on what kind of conditions you drive in etc.
________
Ducati 916

Last edited by svek; 02-20-2011 at 01:05 PM.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:38 PM

I will get under the car and snap some pictures and post them.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:59 PM

Sorry it has taken so long, I have been extremely busy lately. So I got under the car and got two pictures. It appears that there is a little rust near where the muffler tips connect to the box and then a little where the bolts are that connect the exhaust to the mid-pipe. Although I did not shot a picture, I assume there is also a small amount of rust near the bolts that connect the mid-pipe to the cat (it is nice though, that these are bolt-on systems and not welded).

I realize that there is more than just the tiny amount of rust that accumulates on exhausts (usually over time even stainless steel systems start rusting a little). Although, there is rust present, it is not remotely any amount I would be at all concerned about. Will it affect performance – No. Will it cause the exhaust to fall apart – No.

However, since there is the small amount there, I will be open to best offers from those of you interested.
Attached Thumbnails Stromung dual-tip cat-back for 93-01 Impreza-1.jpg   Stromung dual-tip cat-back for 93-01 Impreza-2.jpg