NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

STOLEN: EJ20G RA Heads in Sacramento Area

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 11:23 AM

Car Info: Evo4 and STI Ver6 replicas
STOLEN: EJ20G RA Heads in Sacramento Area

I'm trying to nip this in the butt but I think we may be too late. My brother had his Subaru impreza GC8 heads stolen from our back yard sometime before or during the Christmas week and he's pretty bummed out about it. Please contact me or the proper authorities if you see someone trying to sell these to unsuspecting buyers.

The heads do not have any cams, lifters, buckets or cam caps so they will be useless to the buyer or seller. They look like regular Subaru Impreza DOHC heads, except there is an oil line still connected to the passanger side head. Again, the only thing that should be on the heads will be valves and springs. It's upsetting to thing someone would do this during the Holiday Season and it's sad my brother has to go through this. Please keep an eye out and if you're the person that stole these, plesae return them. We would rather just have them back and would avoid authorities, just so my brother wouldn't be so upset and can complete his project.

The heads will be oil contaminated as there was a small oil leak into the coolant passages, so they will have tan/brown stains in the head. Very hard to miss and near impossible to clean even with hot tanking. You can see it in the image. I apologize to the MODS if this is not the proper place for this, but I'm just trying to get the word out as soon as possible. Thanks for the space.

manny_dial@yahoo.com
Old 12-29-2008, 11:29 AM

Car Info: 1995 Legacy L wgn & 1995 Legacy Brighton wgn
f'ed up man, just saw your post on craigslist too. i'll definitely keep an eye out. does your brother have a drivable car in the meantime?
Old 12-29-2008, 11:35 AM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Car Info: 97 LOB, 05 FXT, 03 Tundra
Good luck getting them back - that sucks. Given the unassembled state of the heads, it was probably someone stealing them for scrap as opposed to knowing what they were, Manny.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:36 AM

I know man. Feel really bad for him. He's driving with the 1.8L engine in for now til he figures out what he's going to do. I've contacted Tony at Subaru Recycler to keep a heads up as well. Just hope they dont end up being melted down somewhere I would rather have just paid the theif for them back if that was the case.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:37 AM

Yeah thats what I fear as well...
Old 12-29-2008, 11:56 AM

hope the tool tries to use the parts and it explodes and sends them off a cliff.... or it would be nice if you get your gear back too. Karma.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:58 PM

Car Info: 1995 Legacy L wgn & 1995 Legacy Brighton wgn
Originally Posted by my3awds
I know man. Feel really bad for him. He's driving with the 1.8L engine in for now til he figures out what he's going to do. I've contacted Tony at Subaru Recycler to keep a heads up as well. Just hope they dont end up being melted down somewhere I would rather have just paid the theif for them back if that was the case.
well i'll keep an eye on eBay and all that stuff too. let me know if you need anything man.