NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

For Sale: Tour de France ridden LOOK 695

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 10:33 AM

Car Info: 2005 STi
For Sale: Tour de France ridden LOOK 695

Gents,

I need to slim down my cycling collection, and after much internal debate I've decided to let my piece of Tour de France memorabilia go to a new home.

I have a 2011 LOOK 695 in the rare mondrian livery that was ridden in the last stage of the 2010 tour which follows the famous Champs-Élysées. One stage ride means it's still in mint condition and even more rare, it still has the Vittel number plate still installed. Even more rare on top of that, it still has the BBB cycling computer and Zefal bottle cages installed.

This was Sebastien Minards bike while he was riding for Cofidis. Size medium. Full Dura Ace 7900 with the team issue FSA tubular wheels (as well as team issue FSA chainrings). All LOOK 695's use an integrated Zed carbon crankset, integrated E-post seat post, and integrated fully adjustable carbon C-Stem. Incredibly light and amazingly efficient with power transfer.

These are going for $7k to around $9k as complete bikes on eBay. To be honest I feel the Tour de France heritage value is pretty subjective here in the USA and it very might be only worth what other enthusiasts deem fit. It is a spectacular example of really rare tour ridden bikes that made their way out of team hands. It would make a fantastic art piece...I could just never bring myself to ride it.

Located in San Francisco. I'll pay fully insured shipping anywhere in the lower 48. I'm happy to take it to A Bicycle Odysea in Sausalito to have them verify everything for a serious buyer if needed. They are one of the premier LOOK dealers around.

Asking $7,500.00 or best offer.
Thanks for looking.