NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

For Rent: Corner Weight/ Balancing scales

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 09:25 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 04 wrx, 05 Elise, 14 Impreza, 17 brz coming soon
For Rent: Corner Weight/ Balancing scales

I have a set of Intercomp electronic corner weight scales for rent.
Purchased brand new Sept 2008.
you can rent them out for corner balancing, or i guess just to weigh your car after some dieting.

-certified to 0.1% accuracy
-display shows operator all 4 corner weights and percentages of weight
-1,500 lbs.Capacity per Pad
-heavy-duty, detachable color-coded cables

$40 /a day
add $20 per extra day

(i would normally ask for a few hundred bucks deposit on other forums, but for scca/nasa/i-club members hopefully i can trust pretty well with the system so i wont ask for any kind of deposit, but please if you break it, you buy it

**will be available starting early Jan 09**

im no corner balancing "master tech", but i do know the basics and have done it multiple times with my subaru and perfectly balanced cross weights to the single lb, so if you need help let me know and i can share my knowledge.

some things to remember so i dont have to keep repeating for future reference:

-NEVER ever drive onto or off scales, you will damage the load cells.

-use ramps to push the car onto the scales. do not lift the car, or use jacks to lift the car onto the scales. Doing so will result in slight in-accurate reading

-never settle the car, or do any adjustments while the car is on the scales. roll the car off the scales onto your ramps/platforms, make your adjustment, "settle" the car, then roll the car back onto your scales

-for accurate readings, make sure surface is level to at least 1/16". honestly i just trust the relatively level garage i always work in and used a car lift. not really a big problem as long as i use the same spot over and over again. you can use ie tiles to have under scales if surface isn't level to spec.

-also for accurate readings make sure all tire pressures, fuel, and other misc fluids etc are how it would be set for ie the event. make sure when sitting on the drivers seat reading the scales, that the door is closed and windows are rolled down or up on how it would be at the event. even sitting crooked changes the weight% around a weeny bit.

-if you really have no clue on how to adjust or where to start, i will share my knowledge with you before renting them out

note: i would prefer if this equipment be used in a "proper", private and controlled environment, ie smooth surfaced garage without tons of people acting like kids running around. there could be exceptions if i was there overwatching the equipment, but the equipment is expensive, and of course the person renting them out is responsible for any damage or major calibration issues. if you dont have a place to work, my garage in fremont is open (at a right time) for balancing as well.

thanks,
Justin
510-468-1848

Last edited by se0ul; 12-17-2008 at 10:57 AM.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:11 AM
banned

Car Info: heel'n toe da hoe...
I'd like to rent them for a satuday for a east bay subie meet. Let me know then you have them.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:12 AM

Car Info: 2003 PSM WRX, 80 Brat ready for Chevy 350 Swap.
us???
Old 12-17-2008, 12:25 AM

Car Info: 2015 SWP WRX
i want to rent this. I need to adjust some stuff