NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

Pioneer avic D3 $850

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 03:40 PM

Car Info: 04 wgn
Pioneer avic D3 $850 with Warranty

I am organizing a group buy for Pioneer Avic D3, we need a 6 unit order and I can get them for $850 each as opposed to the $1000 on ebay. please show your interest.

warranty update: The unit includes a 3month warranty from the distributor, and a one year manufacturers warranty. all for $850.

group update: first 2 units are in and in my possession, and they will be united with their owners tonight. Distributer ran out of stock so they had to split the order. The next order could go in as soon as tomorrow, looks like a 4 unit order now including, most importantly, my unit. if you want to join, this is your last chance.

I will order them, they will get here, and we'll meet so you can pick them up and pay on the spot, no longer requirement for paypal and their 2.9% surcharge. $850 flat. Since the first order went by without any problems, I am not so worried about taking the risk by paying for your unit up front.

PM me with your name and phone # to go in.

Last edited by rugmonkey; 03-07-2007 at 07:06 PM. Reason: update
Old 03-01-2007, 04:05 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRB Impreza WRX
From where? If it is a certified and authorized retailer i will be intrested
Old 03-01-2007, 04:07 PM

Car Info: 2009 A3 2.0T quattro
I'm in.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
I'm "tentatively" in.

**EDIT**

F it, I'm totally in!

Last edited by huck; 03-01-2007 at 04:21 PM.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:27 PM

from where?

Originally Posted by Arya
From where? If it is a certified and authorized retailer i will be intrested
They are not a retailer, they are a wholesale distributor. I cannot divulge their name because this distributor would be undercutting some of their customers by doing this ,since most of their customers sell on ebay, This could lose them alot of business in the future.

If you are worried about the security of the transaction, as a group we will take the safety precautions necessary to ensure that everyone is safe from fraud by using either security deposits , or if everyone would rather, for even more security we could opt for escrow through a third party. I'm not talking about some sketchy escrow website here, I mean Wells Fargo, Smith Barney, or some other service everyone agrees to.

I would be willing to take the risk and pay the distributor myself and accept paypal payments from everyone else. This way, everyone is covered by their paypal anti-fraud security. Since I have the relationship with the distributor, whom I already trust, I dont mind taking the risk.

Anyway, I am open to any solution anyone has to offer in order to provide a measure of security for every individual in the group. please feel free to comment with any arrangement you have been apart of in the past that worked for you.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:32 PM

Yeah rugmonkey you reassured me, I am 100% in.

Only question is lets say the unit has a defect or issue, what would you do in that situation? does the D3 itself come with a warantee?
Old 03-01-2007, 04:56 PM

waranty

Yeah rugmonkey you reassured me, I am 100% in.

Only question is lets say the unit has a defect or issue, what would you do in that situation? does the D3 itself come with a warantee?
The product is waranteed by manufacturer (1 year), and seperately distributer (3months) . This is as if you were buying a product on ebay. But ebay sellers dont generally do warrantees. They will sell warrantees, as do best buy and circuit city. Here, In case of a defect you would have to go through the distributors 3 month or pioneers 1 year.

This transaction is just like an ebay transaction, but even cheaper because you get access to one spot up the distribution channel. There is the same exact level of risk as on an ebay purchase. Maybe even less, because we meet face to face, and everyone picks up their item in person.

Its true, you could go to best buy and get the item with less risk if you purchase an extended warranty, but how much more will you pay for that. Especially after an extra $100 for taxes. which are only paid on retail, not wholesale. for that you get a 90 day warranty from best buy which is the same as this purchase, with an option to pay even more for an extended warranty? For this price I'll do fine with a distributors and manufacturers warranty.

you are welcome to exercise any amount of skepticism, but for me and a number of other individuals its well worth it.

Last edited by rugmonkey; 03-02-2007 at 04:19 PM. Reason: warranty info
Old 03-01-2007, 05:00 PM

Well it doesn't matter anyways. I am still doing this group buy.

How many people do we have so far?
Old 03-01-2007, 05:05 PM

So far i think we got

1. Huck
2. Me
3. mcowger
4. RugMonkey

So that means we only need two more?
Old 03-01-2007, 05:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Wooot for Grey market ish.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:18 PM

group buy

The distributer won't do more than a 6 item order right now, because he cannot get enough currently to fill all the orders he's already getting, They only have 7 left in stock as of 4:30pm today, if they run out we'll have to wait till next week/ their next shipment.
After this one, if there are more people who are interested and everything works smoothly, I would be happy to organize another for the next group. though I would prefer not to take the risk of organizing the money on the next one, since I would not actually be buying one for my self in that order. anyways, we'll get there when we get there.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:20 PM

So rugmonkey, you gonna find 2 more so we can get in on this week's orders?

"I would be willing to take the risk and pay the distributor myself and accept paypal payments from everyone else. This way, everyone is covered by their paypal anti-fraud security. Since I have the relationship with the distributor, whom I already trust, I dont mind taking the risk."

If you go ahead and decide to do this let us know so we can paypal you the money
Old 03-01-2007, 05:29 PM

re

So rugmonkey, you gonna find 2 more so we can get in on this week's orders?

"I would be willing to take the risk and pay the distributor myself and accept paypal payments from everyone else. This way, everyone is covered by their paypal anti-fraud security. Since I have the relationship with the distributor, whom I already trust, I dont mind taking the risk."

If you go ahead and decide to do this let us know so we can paypal you the money
2 more people and I'm fine with it. But from the time I make the order, to the time I receive it (2 days), I expect everyone to have paid. otherwise I will have to reject the shipment when it arrives and eat the shipping charge. Its better than getting stuck with units, that some flake left me with.

So if you are serious please pm me with at least your name and number, then I will call before we go ahead, and I'll give you my paypal info over the phone. Assuming everyone is ok with this method.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:37 PM

PM Sent. If you could reply to me with your info as well would be awesome.

Thanks rug
Old 03-01-2007, 05:45 PM

pm

PM Sent. If you could reply to me with your info as well would be awesome.

Thanks rug
pm'ed back

Quick Reply: Pioneer avic D3 $850