NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

Looking for a puppy.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 10:13 PM

Car Info: EQ tuned 05 STi
Looking for a puppy.

i been looking for a puppy any one have or know people selling a puppy?
Old 08-29-2009, 10:32 PM
The Seventh Sister

Car Info: MY04 Forester XT
Your local shelter/Humane Society perhaps?
Old 08-29-2009, 10:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
What kind of puppy are you looking for? Please, look into all aspects of owning a dog prior to taking the steps to actually acquire the dog.

Are you looking for a small dog? Big dog? High energy? How many times a day are you going to be able to walk it? Will it have a yard to play/run in? Sorry, the "Hi, I want a puppy." line gets to me.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:47 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
i suggest adopting one since you can normally get ones that have already been spayed/neutered and given their vaccinations since loosing a dog to heartworm is very hard.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:00 PM

Car Info: EQ tuned 05 STi
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
What kind of puppy are you looking for? Please, look into all aspects of owning a dog prior to taking the steps to actually acquire the dog.

Are you looking for a small dog? Big dog? High energy? How many times a day are you going to be able to walk it? Will it have a yard to play/run in? Sorry, the "Hi, I want a puppy." line gets to me.
yeah i already did my research i was looking for a german shepherd or a lab even a vizla but mainly something big not a chihuahua type of person.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:58 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX, 2014 BRZ
best bet is local newspapers or craigslist (I think they have an adoption section)
Old 08-31-2009, 12:04 AM

Car Info: 2006 WRX Wagon
well from the sound of it seems like your looking for a high energy dog, i have 2 German Shorthair Pointers, best dog in the world!!! super nice, fast, fun, smart, and always wants to be around their owner, pretty low maintenance dogs, but require lots of exercise. PM me if you are interested in the breed info or breeder.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:34 AM

Car Info: VF48'd WRB Bugeye
I have a Vizsla and they are a high energy breed that NEEDS daily exercise. They are very fast learners, but they are a "soft" breed, meaning that they are very sensitive and require patience. PM me if you want more info.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:12 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
CHeck out some animal shelters first. WHat you're looking for might find you....
Old 08-31-2009, 10:21 AM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru WRX PSM
There is a German Shepherd Rescue foundation that has tons of Shepherds of all ages, temperaments and sizes. I bought my Shepherd from breeder, and am dealing with a few unavoidable health problems right now. At least if you are buying a dog that is a little older, like 1 year and above, you can have them x-rayed for joint problems.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:05 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
http://www.petfinder.com/index.html

I hope you already have a home as renting an apartment (or home) while having a dog is kind of a pain. It definitely limits where you can live and your average prices typically are higher. Also, larger breed dogs (and specific breeds) tend to not be allowed to rent in certain apartments. So if you are renting you better make sure with your landlord that the breed of dog you are looking at is not on the "Do Not Rent" list.

Last edited by JelloChex; 08-31-2009 at 12:07 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:10 PM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru WRX PSM
I have heard horror stories about petfinder.com. I would stay away from that site at all costs.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:33 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Being that I found my dog through Petfinder.com I don't know what "Horror Stories" you have heard.

Honestly, it isn't the website's fault if there is a problem. If anything, blame the person that put the post up (be it a single person, shelter or rescue). If you got your animal through a shelter, I really wouldn't be surprised if that same animal is posted up on Petfinder.com which would mean that just because you didn't use the tool to find the animal it is still being posted there anyways.

Just like getting anything else you really need to make sure you properly research. In this case you'd have to make sure you get an animal that you know some background information for (both the dog & the specific breed) and make sure you match the right dog to the right owner.

Just because the dog looks cool or sounds like a cool breed doesn't mean that you live in an environment that is properly capable of supporting the particular animal.

Last edited by JelloChex; 08-31-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:40 PM

Car Info: ugly piece of ****
a breeder I know just had puppies. Its a Komondor and from what I hear, they are awesome dogs. Smart, loyal, great with kids and families and excellent watch dogs. They just require a lot of work. I was going to pick up a companion for our dog, but I dont think I can afford another $1000 right now.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:14 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...ighlight=puppy

Quick Reply: Looking for a puppy.