NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

I need some EMERGENCY parts for my STi!! Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 12:24 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Exclamation I need some EMERGENCY parts for my STi!! Please help!

Hey everyone, I'm a real big pinch here and need some small parts for my STi as soon as humanly possible! I can't drive my new STi until I get these parts and I need a way to get to work!

Most of you know that I bought a used 2007 STi with one single problem, the intercooler had been swapped for an ordinary WRX intercooler... I've been driving around with the WRX I/C temorarily, but since its not mounted correctly it keeps coming off at the throttle body when I'm driving... On the freeway, at a light, wherever... So here's what I need:

I just bought a real STi I/C off another member, however I still need:

1. Intercooler hoses, doesn't matter if they are stock or aftermarket, I just need SOMETHING!

2. STi intercooler metal mounts. The two mounts that connect the I/C to the intake manifold (on each side of the I/C). I don't have these at the moment and they are the cause of the I/C falling off all the damn time!

I really need to put this new I/C on and mount it using the correct hoses and mounts.

If ANYONE has some mounts laying around from when they did a FMIC swap, please let me buy them from you, this is uber important.

Same with the hoses (for the back side of I/C).

Without those two parts I can't drive my car to work and back since I have a long commute, nor can I get my car tuned to fix the 2007 running lean issue... I need the STi I/C to be able to achieve that.

BAIC, I really need your help with this... You know I'm not some scamming member or anything... I've been a member here for 9 years now and have contributed a lot and helped as much as I could... Now I need help from you guys...

*crossing my fingers*
Old 11-10-2008, 12:27 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Did you talk to Noah, Mike, Paul, or even Brandon? They might have some random bits laying around...
Old 11-10-2008, 12:36 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
Did you talk to Noah, Mike, Paul, or even Brandon? They might have some random bits laying around...
Brandon???? LOL

Daniel, I'd love to know why the **** they switched out the i/c??? If the previous owner made a few bucks by selling it to a wrx owner they need a slap.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by glenspen
Brandon???? LOL

Daniel, I'd love to know why the **** they switched out the i/c??? If the previous owner made a few bucks by selling it to a wrx owner they need a slap.
Yeah, pretty much exactly what happened... But thats why I got such a great deal... Luckily the I/C was the only thing wrong with it.

I'll be calling around tomorrow but since its the weekend I havent been able to get ahold of anyone at all.

I'm really praying that someone has something laying around.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:59 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by brucelee
Yeah, pretty much exactly what happened... But thats why I got such a great deal... Luckily the I/C was the only thing wrong with it.

I'll be calling around tomorrow but since its the weekend I havent been able to get ahold of anyone at all.

I'm really praying that someone has something laying around.
The amount of STI's that have had a FMIC swap on i-club should mean that you can take your pick of TMICs.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:01 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Brandon???? LOL
Auto HQ
Old 11-10-2008, 01:13 AM

The amount of STI's that have had a FMIC swap on i-club should mean that you can take your pick of TMICs.
I bought an STi TMIC from someone earlier tonight... But it doesn't do me any good without the hoses or mounting brackets!

Man, I'll be soooo happy if someone comes through... I've been dealing with car issues for the last 6+ months, and I'm going crazy... For once I just want something to go right.

After I get the STi top mount all sorted, I'll get a mild tune to fix the lean issue, gain a bit of power, then I'm not going to touch ANYTHING else with the exception of suspension later down the road.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:17 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by brucelee
After I get the STi top mount all sorted, I'll get a mild tune to fix the lean issue, gain a bit of power, then I'm not going to touch ANYTHING else with the exception of suspension later down the road.
After a WRX a Stage2 STI will keep you happy for a while...a short while
Old 11-10-2008, 01:30 AM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
man I wish I could help you out
Old 11-10-2008, 01:56 AM

After a WRX a Stage2 STI will keep you happy for a while...a short while
Dude, I always thought my 06 WRX was sooo fantastic, especially coming from a N/A 2.5RS (2000)... It was leaps and bounds ahead of the RS in almost every way... I didn't think an STi would be that much different which is why I considered the EVO... After I drove an STi everything changed... It is now leaps and bounds better then my old WRX, I didn't think that could be possible.

I'm in mucho love with this car... Just wish I could get this damn I/C thing worked out! *pulls hair out*
Old 11-10-2008, 07:49 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1999 2.5RS / 2004 Forester X
Hey Daniel I'm pretty sure I have a passenger side ic bracket over in my storage unit in Fremont, you can just have it for free. Send me a pm if you want to come pick it up today, I'll be back home from work around 530.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:05 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRX
You can either get the intercooler mounts off a wrx or an sti regardless of years just needs to be GD chassis. 2 12mm slighly longer bolts than the originally by pass valve bolts and you need an air splitter 06-07 will work. I am not sure if you can go to the junkyard and get away with taking off a subaru legacy's (1996-1998) top mount intake box's mounts to use for the intercooler. It just might work...it might not. Either way good luck Daniel. How's it holding up overall with the new rubber coupler?
Old 11-10-2008, 08:37 AM

i don't have the parts but if your local i can give you a ride to work? i'll send you a pm with my number. i know how much it sucks not being able to get stuff done when your cars stuck in the garage.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:32 AM

Car Info: 2005 Stg.2 Wrx
i doubt he minds not going to wokr =]
Old 11-10-2008, 10:15 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I would have taken that **** back to the dealership and said... put an sti intercooler on here. period.

Quick Reply: I need some EMERGENCY parts for my STi!! Please help!