NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

FS: 2006 WRX TR - VF34, Coilovers, STI Interior, Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 07:37 PM
pwn

Car Info: 09 STi, 10 Cayman S
FS: 2006 WRX TR - VF34, Coilovers, STI Interior, Wheels

Well, as much as I love this car, I am trying to get an 08 STI so this one needs to go. This has been my baby and is in great condition. Its oil has been changed every 3000 miles, and it wasn't given synthetic until 10,000. No accidents, garaged for the majority of its life. The car hasn't ever given me a problem, and it isn't about to start now. I've never even gotten a flat on it . ALL stock parts are included with the car, including stock rims and worn stock tires. All major work has been done by LIC, with brake pads and coilovers being done at GST. I am offering this to i-club first before I put it on craigslist. If I do not have any response on there, I will be forced to part it out, which I don't want to do.

The car was tuned by Ed from EQ tuning. Don't freak out about the manual boost controller, the car was tuned with it and it is used as a safegaurd against overboost. The car is actually running a conservative tune, as per my request. It can afford a pound or two more of boost (18.5 psi peak right now).

The car handles amazingly, and actually doesn't have a very harsh ride. I run the coilovers on a halfway to stiff setting, so its in between. The car has only had the vf-34 since around 20,000 miles. Coilovers were put on around 15,000 I think. It was stage 2 for a while before that, maybe at 10,000 miles? I don't remember that far back.

The exhaust note of the car is simply *amazing*. Almost every meet that I go to, someone asks me the exhaust setup that the car is running. It is pretty quiet, but it will give you some noise when you step on it - but not obnoxiously loud. The car doesn't smell either because it is running a high cat downpipe, however it makes close to the power that a catless vf-34 would.

The car has 26,000 miles and is in excellent condition. I am selling the car for 23,500$. No, its not your typical run of the mill 19,000$ 2006 wrx because it has a ton of tasteful work done to it. I feel that it is a very fair price...

I am not interested in tire kickers, but if you are seriously interested please PM me or give me a call at 925 330 3097. Below I have a list of everything done to the car, as well as pictures and the dyno graph.

Once again all stock parts are included, including stock wheels and tires. Current tire tread is healthy, as the wheels and tires are very new. The tires only have 4,000 miles on them! Very expensive too! Around 250$ per corner. Bridgestone RE960AS pole position all season tires are on the rotas. These tires grip great in the dry, AND the wet. Not noisy, and have a very high tread wear rating. This wheel and tire combo is almost 2,000$ in itself. The wheels do not have one scratch on them - flawless. No curbing or anything.

I will post better pictures up once I can clean it (all the rain lately)
*these pictures were taken before I swapped to the STI interior*

2006 WRB TR

Interior / Exterior

- Momo Shift ****
- FULL STI Interior, INCLUDING CARPET (and mats)
- Kenwood Head Unit
- Factory Boost Guage
- Rota Formula Mesh 18x8 w/ Bridgestone RE960AS Pole Position tires (4k miles on them)
- Spline wheel locks

Suspension / Brakes

- B.C. Coilovers with -2 degree camber all around
- Whiteline Rear Camber Bolts
- Whiteline rear endlinks
- Cusco Rear Anti Swaybar
- Rear Strut Tower Brace
- Lower Pink H Brace (now off the car due to ALK - still included)
- Cobb Front Anti Sway Bar
- Front Strut Tower Brace (now off the car due to STI topmount - still included)
- Stoptech Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
- Super Blue DOT 4 Fluid
- Hawk Street Pads
- Whiteline Sport ALK
- Whiteline Bump Steer Correction (adj tie rod ends + ball joints)

Engine / Exhaust

- Borla Hush Catback Exaust
- Cobb Access Port w/ Protune Map
- TiTek Catted Downpipe
- Kartboy Hangers
- Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
- USDM STI Top Mount
- IHI VF-34
- Hallman MBC (used as a protective measure - tuned for)
- Tune by Ed

Last edited by pwn; 01-22-2008 at 11:20 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:01 PM

Car Info: 2016 FXT
Wow your car is really well done, sad to see it go!
Old 01-14-2008, 08:04 PM
pwn

Originally Posted by NorCalDC5
Wow your car is really well done, sad to see it go!
Thanks . Yea, me too. I was looking at STI's but when I saw the 2008 in person...I was sold.

Hopefully it stays in the i-club community!
Old 01-14-2008, 09:35 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx
your better off parting out... but good luck on getting your price
Old 01-14-2008, 09:57 PM
pwn

I know very well what I am better off doing, but I would rather try selling it this way. Its easier for me and it gives someone the complete package for a good price point. Thanks I'm hoping I will get it.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:48 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
Ya very clean car morgan, Have fun trying to smog it though for the sale . Your price is a bit stiff but nothing crazy.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:41 AM
pwn

Eh, when you consider the interior, the wheels, the suspension, the power, it all adds up to a very "all around" built car. I think its worth the price. If it gets down to it, I might negotiate, but not very far. Is smogging such a new car required for sale...? I've never heard of that.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Jewbaru
Ya very clean car morgan, Have fun trying to smog it though for the sale . Your price is a bit stiff but nothing crazy.
uh he doesn't need to smog it.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:10 AM

Car Info: 02 bugeye with tune by Ed
free bump for a cool guy! Sad to see it go! Bring forth the new 08!! I hope you get white even though i know your going to buy blue!!
Old 01-15-2008, 01:13 AM
pwn

Originally Posted by stealthrex68
free bump for a cool guy! Sad to see it go! Bring forth the new 08!! I hope you get white even though i know your going to buy blue!!
MMMM I dunno. Its between red, silver, and dark grey metallic right now I think. :RockOn - not mine:
Old 01-15-2008, 02:27 AM

Car Info: 06' White GDF 18x10 Wrong Fitment Crew #001
Originally Posted by slow04wrx
uh he doesn't need to smog it.
u have to smog a car whenever u do a title transfer, no matter how old the car is.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:28 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
bump for an 08 sti
Old 01-15-2008, 10:02 AM

Car Info: Fast
Originally Posted by ommmjido
u have to smog a car whenever u do a title transfer, no matter how old the car is.
READ THIS

And more specifically, this

Last edited by aboothman; 01-15-2008 at 10:11 AM.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by ommmjido

Not true. When I got an 05 IS300 last year. I had the owner smog it, but when we went to the DMV they said you don't have to do that for a new car. I assume you won't have to for an 06.

Maybe I should get ride of my 03 suby before I have to smog to sell it. I have the same setup, but don't want to deal with parting everything out.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:27 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
good luck with the sale Morgan! Get some pics of that STI interior we worked so hard putting in .

This is a well built car that made great consistent, smooth power. Great package for someone who doesn't want the fuss of doing everything themselves.

Quick Reply: FS: 2006 WRX TR - VF34, Coilovers, STI Interior, Wheels