NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

Female Juvenile False Water Cobra for sale

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 03:24 AM

Car Info: 04' Aspen White WRX
Female Juvenile False Water Cobra for sale

Hey everyone, i decided i needed money for my car and that i really don't have the time to take care of her anymore so i'm putting her up for sale. She's a 6 month old False Water Cobra, hydrodynastes gigas, and is a mildly venomous rear fanged snake. She's only a little over a foot long, they can get up to nine feet long and about as thick as a coke can. She's really aggressive, strikes at the glass of her cage when she sees a finger and is very active. Pretty fun to watch, will follow your fingers, really smart. Anyway, it would be good if you had prior experience with snakes. If you have any questions shoot me a PM and i'll help you out.

I'm selling her for $150.00 but just PM me some offers. Oh yeah, she's very healthy, eating two-three fuzzies a week, i'm sure she can down more. Great feeding response. Thanks. Tried to move her on to adult mice, but she's not quite big enough yet

-Chris
Old 06-10-2004, 04:09 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2016 Acura RDX ... meh. Um, nice subwoofer?
I know someone who might be interested... but he's on vacation till the last week of July. I'll let you know when he returns

jason
Old 06-10-2004, 11:13 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: subaru
Have you ever handled the snake or is it purely a hands off animal? I used to have a garter snake that was practically blind....it was really fun to hold a live fish in front of it's face for it to eat Those are fun to handle until they start to crap on your furniture.
Old 06-10-2004, 11:27 AM

I have handled the snake, but that was only when i first got her in. Right now she is a "look at" only type of snake. I was using it as an introduction into the venomous snake world i guess, just to practice with a less potent snake that is active, fast, and can be harmful to some extent. I was planning on working with venomous snakes and maybe catching a rattlesnake to keep as a pet. Since school is so hardcore i don't really have time anymore. Sucks but oh well, she's still really small so a bite wouldn't really be bad. When they get larger their bites can cause your arm to swell up for a week haha. So i tried to keep hands off but if you like, after taking her out more often she will probably get more used to handling. Like i said earlier, she is pretty mean when she's in her enclosure, strikes at the glass and tries to eat anything i put in there. Once she's out she doesn't strike as much but is pretty fast to get around.
Old 06-11-2004, 03:51 PM

bump. someone wants a new pet that's hard to get in CA.