NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

Feeler: 07 WRX Front Swap to Bugeye

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 02:17 PM

Car Info: 2007 Impreza WRX Limited Bugeye Conversion
Talking Feeler: 07 WRX Front Swap to Bugeye

I finally decided that I want to do this for sure, so....

If there is anyone with an 02-03 sedan who wants to swap to an 07 front end lmk! I want to do this mid-late June and if you have body shop connections even better.

Any color is fine; mine is WR Blue and I give the front end 7.5/10 because of a small crack in the lip of the front bumper (not super noticeable), lots of highway chips, and removal of the fog light housing. Headlights are in excellent shape (with headlight armor). Also included will be a charge speed v2 replica lip.

PM me if you are interested!

For those who are wondering what is involved, the fenders, hood, hood scoop, headlights (possible wiring issues), bumper bumper beam and front radiator support (drill out welds and re epoxy) need to be swapped over, plus additional paint/body work depending on condition and color.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:29 AM

Car Info: 2003 Subaru WRX
send me pics.../ if u still got it
Old 05-23-2010, 08:18 AM

Car Info: 1988 Yoda
the headlight buckets will cause a problem as well. unless you buy new buckets and cut/reweld in, you will have to shave some off to fit bugeye headlights in. Also, wiring for the headlights aren't a horrible task as you have just a wrx. the bugeye headlights only have 5 wires total for them to operate. you can get away with not swapping radiator supports but I guess that is really up to you and the other person willing to do the swap.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:30 AM

Car Info: '02 WRX wagon
I wish you were aspen white.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:33 AM

Car Info: hopes and dreams
front end swaps

the wrx wagon im about to buy is WRB as well but theres 3 dents on the hood looks like rock chips. i do have a hook up at a body shop but is this a straight trade? also are we splitting the cost at the body shop or no
Old 05-23-2010, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by RLLYRCR
the headlight buckets will cause a problem as well. unless you buy new buckets and cut/reweld in, you will have to shave some off to fit bugeye headlights in. Also, wiring for the headlights aren't a horrible task as you have just a wrx. the bugeye headlights only have 5 wires total for them to operate. you can get away with not swapping radiator supports but I guess that is really up to you and the other person willing to do the swap.
I think that's the point of swapping the radiator supports; so we don't have problems with the headlight buckets. I'm pretty sure the 07 would only need a little trimming to accept the bugeye lights, but the 02-03 might need some serious cutting.

Good to know the wiring won't be too much trouble. Thanks for the tips!
Old 05-23-2010, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by aznpride65o
the wrx wagon im about to buy is WRB as well but theres 3 dents on the hood looks like rock chips. i do have a hook up at a body shop but is this a straight trade? also are we splitting the cost at the body shop or no
I would like pretty much a straight trade, unless there's body work/painting to be done, which i would hope the person swapping with me will take care of.

Umm... not sure the front fenders on the wagon are like the bugeye sedan, with the flares over the wheels. I really want to keep the flares. lmk
Old 05-23-2010, 01:24 PM

Car Info: hopes and dreams
ok ill look into it
Old 05-23-2010, 01:27 PM

Here's an updated pic. You can't see a lot of the chips, etc. Still looks sexy though
Name:  IMG_0091.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  28.1 KB
Old 05-23-2010, 01:47 PM

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX
Ahhh damn I wish I was WRB, I want that front end badly. If I knew how much it would cost to do the body work I'd probably just say screw it and do the trade with ya.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by bpatrick
I think that's the point of swapping the radiator supports; so we don't have problems with the headlight buckets. I'm pretty sure the 07 would only need a little trimming to accept the bugeye lights, but the 02-03 might need some serious cutting.

Good to know the wiring won't be too much trouble. Thanks for the tips!
the only reason i lowered the upper rad support was to get the hood to align properly. the cutting was only of the buckets.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:06 PM

Ah I see! I think it would make more sense in my brain once I see both wrx's side by side.

Originally Posted by RLLYRCR
the only reason i lowered the upper rad support was to get the hood to align properly. the cutting was only of the buckets.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:37 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
ive got a 02 blaze yellow wrx. jdm hood scoop, sti mesh fog covers, ver.1 sti replica lip. would be willing to do the front end swap. im checking with my buddy to see if hed be able to repaint both front ends, and blend with the front doors for a nice, factory finish. if interested lmk, and i will keep you posted.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by TronWeRX
ive got a 02 blaze yellow wrx. jdm hood scoop, sti mesh fog covers, ver.1 sti replica lip. would be willing to do the front end swap. im checking with my buddy to see if hed be able to repaint both front ends, and blend with the front doors for a nice, factory finish. if interested lmk, and i will keep you posted.
i would cry to see a blaze yellow bugeye die
Old 05-25-2010, 10:28 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX Sedan, 2004 Acura TL
Keep us updated on how this goes!

Quick Reply: Feeler: 07 WRX Front Swap to Bugeye