NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

EDIT: SOLD! - GP Moto Jet Hot coated equal length headers! Great price.

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 01:45 AM

Car Info: '98 Legacy GT - EJ20 swap, STI RA tranny, VF22+
EDIT: SOLD! - GP Moto Jet Hot coated equal length headers! Great price.

SOLD

*copied-&-pasted from WRXF, so I apologize for the smilies that don't work. And for the crappy pictures. It's been a long day, lol.*

One piece including integrated uppipe, equal length, 4-2-1, GP Moto headers. Unquestionably one of the absolute best headers on the market for the WRX. I've decided not to use them.

Normally over $700 non-coated. Best price I could find was HERE at our very own vendor, Oakos B). The second best price I saw was $719 at JSC Speed.

Hard to find them coated. I got mine used from Ashley of Dynamispeed. He had them Jet Hot 2400 coated in-&-out. The only ones I could find online with a coating option were at xxeleration for $1099. They had the plain ones on there for $799... so their price is likely about $80 high. Ceramic coating a set of headers costs at least $200 though... so let's say they would cost between $900 and $1000 new.

...the coating keeps the heat in the headers where it belongs. Not only does this reduce underhood temps (stainless radiates a lot of heat), but it makes for quicker spool-up by a couple hundred rpm. Usually a run or two has to be done to get a set of headers nice and hot before you get proper spool-up. Not with the coating . Plus it protects the metal from the elements, both outside like rain and puddles and road grime/salt, and inside like all off the corrosive elements in the exhaust. They should outlast your car...

I'm looking to get $650 for these.

PM me, e-mail me, and/or post here if you're interested. Located in San Jose, but I end up driving all around the Bay Area somewhat often so meeting you somewhere wouldn't be an issue at all. [terrible] Pictures below...

Jeremy

...and yeah, they're dirty as h3ll :ROFL:... didn't bother to clean it. Sorry :slow:

hmmm that's the only normal picture I have. This other one has a line drawn on it from when I was tracing the exhaust path for somebody. Sorry 'bout that...

Quite the metal pretzel B)... has since been cleaned up a bit, btw... and the rust on the flanges was from the old gaskets. It cleaned off... it was just sitting on the surface. Again, just post here w/ any questions.

EDIT: New pictures below. Price is now $650 shipped, $620 local. The deal includes the brand new gaskets pictured a couple of posts down! I know it ain't the pretiest thing in the world, but I promise it performs 100% like it's supposed to

Last edited by EJ20Legacy; 05-03-2005 at 12:04 AM. Reason: sold
Old 04-26-2005, 01:02 PM

Forgot I had a couple of sound clips! The equal length runners not only even out EGT's in each cylinder, but they produce a very unique sound. It smooths out the normal lumpiness--although there is still boxer rumble in it, it's just undertones--and makes the car sound truly tuned. Sounds smooth all the way to redline. Like an M3 CSL or something. It's also sooooo much quieter when cruising on the highway it's amazing. No drone any longer.

Keep in mind that my catback is custom bent with a universal straight-through Magnaflow muffler. This is the kind of exhaust that would sound like bees in a can or rocks in a blender on a Honda. It sounded amazing w/ the stock headers and to my absolute shock still sounded decent with the GP's. With a semi-decent exhaust on the car, it will sound deeper and nicer than it does on mine though....

Anyway, right click, save for the following:

Neutral Rev

Video While Driving

Jeremy
Old 04-27-2005, 01:57 AM

Oooh how about this for a deal sweetener? Brand spanking new gaskets! These ain't stockers either. These are nice, 5-layer, embossed metal gaskets. ...they'd cost you almost $50 so this is a nice bonus

Since the uppipe is integral, these three gaskets will replace everything on the header side of the turbo for ya!

Jeremy

New pictures of the headers will be up Wednesday night. I promise they're not as ugly as they look in those ^^^ pics ... not that it matters, cuz ugly = 5 extra HP
Old 04-30-2005, 03:53 PM

Bump for new pictures and new price!

....this is a $1000 manifold plus ~ $50 gaskets for $620 if you're local

Jeremy
Old 05-02-2005, 02:34 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX Sedan
bump for a good deal
Old 05-03-2005, 12:03 AM

SOLD