NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

Beatrush alum subframe for sale, $475 new

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 07:26 PM

Car Info: 2004 Sti
Beatrush alum subframe for sale, $475 new

Local pickup only, unlike some other subframes, this one can fit easily in the trunk if you come buy it.

It's brand new and was meant to replace the do-luck aluminum subframe I have currently which hangs low over the DP. It was test fit only and the fit and finish are awesome, the only problem is that it doesn't allow full movement of the swingarm with an ALK, which I have. It just touches the swingarm at rest so if the suspension unloaded the arm would bind. I didn't want to try machining away material so I'll stick with the do-luck, even though it's not as nice.

No box but has all the parts, instructions, hardware, stickers, etc.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:00 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by zoke
Local pickup only, unlike some other subframes, this one can fit easily in the trunk if you come buy it.

It's brand new and was meant to replace the do-luck aluminum subframe I have currently which hangs low over the DP. It was test fit only and the fit and finish are awesome, the only problem is that it doesn't allow full movement of the swingarm with an ALK, which I have. It just touches the swingarm at rest so if the suspension unloaded the arm would bind. I didn't want to try machining away material so I'll stick with the do-luck, even though it's not as nice.

No box but has all the parts, instructions, hardware, stickers, etc.
damn, bump for some nice JDM parts! Beatrush is awesome, If it were mine i would make it fit

Old 04-17-2007, 11:16 AM

Car Info: 2002 WR blue wrx
thats a really nice piece, but i have an ALK too so it would cause me the same pain..

BUMP for an awesome looking piece
Old 04-17-2007, 11:21 AM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: Suby & others
Hey, you should take some pics so we can see what the problem is. What kind of ALK do you have? I currently hav one my mine with the beatrush subframe and i have no binding what so ever.

Henry
Old 04-17-2007, 02:59 PM

The swingarm was touching the subframe at the green circles and I was mounting the subframe with the car sitting on the tires. If I had jacked up the car, the swingarm either would not have moved, in which case it would be resting/binding on the subframe or it would have swung out and started wearing a groove in either the subframe or the swingarm. I didn't want to chance either and even though it looked like all I would have to do is machine a little bit of material away, I would prefer to sell it rather than do a hack fix.

My ALK is Whiteline.
Attached Thumbnails Beatrush alum subframe for sale, 5 new-brbind.jpg  
Old 04-18-2007, 12:42 AM

Car Info: '07 STI
wow, that's so weird... I guess maybe it's the design of the whiteline ALK because i know they give you spacers for the stock subframe. perhaps you may need to use the same spacers on there so that the swingarm clears it. Ever thought of using the Beatrush ALK? i perosnally like it better and it seems to have a better turn-in than the whiteline or Perrin. Dont quote me on it, but it's just my feedback from going on the track with both different settings. but good luck on the sale!
Old 04-18-2007, 09:28 AM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by dunnojack
I guess maybe it's the design of the whiteline ALK because i know they give you spacers for the stock subframe.
was thinking hes probably gotta use the spacers that came with the ALKs, the control arms will hit the stock subframe too if you run it without the spacers.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:45 PM

When I bought it, the common idea was that this would work without spacers. Plus when you see how nicely it fits (minus the ALK problem), it would be a crime to use spacers.