NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

anyone got a wrx shortblock for sale?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 03:08 PM

Car Info: 04 blue wrx
anyone got a wrx shortblock for sale?

Hello, i was looking to purchase a wrx shortblock and was wondering if anyone had one for sale at a resonable price? please shoot me a pm. Thanks!
Old 09-29-2006, 11:36 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by XxPLoSiVexAzNxX
Hello, i was looking to purchase a wrx shortblock and was wondering if anyone had one for sale at a resonable price? please shoot me a pm. Thanks!
haha, what'd you do?
Old 09-30-2006, 12:32 AM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
I am pretty sure that a WRX short block is not the same as an STi short block.

Seriously dude, you would be better off taking the car to a shop that knows how to diagnose problems, and can give you a couple of options.

I mentioned your problem to a friend of mine and he suggested that you put EVERYTHING back to stock, reset your ECU(disconnect negative battery terminal, press on brake pedal til your odometer goes blank), and see if your car still runs like ***.

Make sure you get rid of that BOV and downpipe. I would highly recommend getting protuned, or hell even a Cobb shelf map when adding any mods.

The Subaru ECUs are not the same as Evos, they will not correct or "learn" enough to prevent harm to the engine or other parts. You have to have **** tuned for mods.

good luck.
Old 09-30-2006, 07:51 AM

but then we would miss his post where he begs people to come to his house and help him install a new shortblock, lol!

Seriously bro, I think you need another hobby, sounds like your in a bit over your head trying to mod your car.
Old 09-30-2006, 10:00 AM

i dont beg nobody ... dont judge me, you dont know me.
Old 09-30-2006, 11:51 AM

i dont beg nobody ... dont judge me, you dont know me.
lol, its alright bro, just bustin' your ***** a bit

seriously though, wheres the post about what happened to your car? Lemme see if I can help, no jokes I promise
Old 09-30-2006, 12:13 PM

well the car happens to rattle when i was goin 70 on san mateo bridge.. so i tried to get off the next exit to see wut happened, but as i was slowing down ( at about 50mph ), everything shut off and didnt start after that.. i took it to a local shop because i couldnt tow it that far, and they said 'camshaft position sensor' was keeping the car from starting, so they installed that , but even after that being installed, the engine still has serious knock and noise.. its sittin @ stevens creek now, because i wanted to diagnose the problem , and they said i will need a shortblock for sure (im not sure just the bare shortblock (because i can get one for 500 at gruppe-s) or rods and pistons).. theyr kind of holding back on the answer, trying to see whether i can get warranty or not because i am over by 54 miles.. which is all bad (60,054) .. i am overfrustrated .. hopefully all goes well
Old 10-01-2006, 11:19 PM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUBAR...spagenameZWDVW
Old 10-01-2006, 11:36 PM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
Hey man. I don't know if you heard our stories with Stevens Creek, but those people are not to be trusted. I'd recommend getting a second opinion from someone else.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:50 PM

well the car happens to rattle when i was goin 70 on san mateo bridge.. so i tried to get off the next exit to see wut happened, but as i was slowing down ( at about 50mph ), everything shut off and didnt start after that.. i took it to a local shop because i couldnt tow it that far, and they said 'camshaft position sensor' was keeping the car from starting, so they installed that , but even after that being installed, the engine still has serious knock and noise.. its sittin @ stevens creek now, because i wanted to diagnose the problem , and they said i will need a shortblock for sure (im not sure just the bare shortblock (because i can get one for 500 at gruppe-s) or rods and pistons).. theyr kind of holding back on the answer, trying to see whether i can get warranty or not because i am over by 54 miles.. which is all bad (60,054) .. i am overfrustrated .. hopefully all goes well
damn, well yeah that does sound pretty bad

yes definitely get it out of SC and over to gruppe-s , and you might as well go 2.5 now, how many miles is on your car now? IF you cant swing for a brand spankin new 2.5 shortblock we have a STI shortblco here with 20K on it we can let go for $1K.

I know people who have gotten service on a couple miles over the warranty, good luck with that
Old 10-02-2006, 12:10 AM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
not sure of jon sold his already (jdadour)
Old 10-02-2006, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by darkonion
Hey man. I don't know if you heard our stories with Stevens Creek, but those people are not to be trusted. I'd recommend getting a second opinion from someone else.
Stevens Creek is not to be trusted? Why is that? It did seem like a scam when they said i would have to take apart the engine first to see what the problem is(shortblock for sure,), THEN seeing if i qualify for warranty, which most likely im not going to.. so i thought they might be just leading me onto the next step, then making me pay for more.. but again, that might not be it... Sighh i duno!!!
Old 10-02-2006, 11:03 AM

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Krinkov
damn, well yeah that does sound pretty bad

yes definitely get it out of SC and over to gruppe-s , and you might as well go 2.5 now, how many miles is on your car now? IF you cant swing for a brand spankin new 2.5 shortblock we have a STI shortblco here with 20K on it we can let go for $1K.

I know people who have gotten service on a couple miles over the warranty, good luck with that
If I am turned down for warranty, i will have to get a shortblock myself .. Oh ya , i was wondering if i were to get STI shortblock, do i need any other things that goes wit that? K please reserve that for me if you can. Thanks!!! P.S - SC charges $5,000 for a wrx shortblock (i've asked... i think they meant with pistons rods etc.) DAMN EXPENSIVE... called gruppe-s and they only charge $500 for the bare shortblock .. WTF ?? at least if ur gonna rip me off, do it at a reasonable price..
Old 10-02-2006, 11:04 AM

being a college student and broke sucks ~
Old 10-02-2006, 11:08 AM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
I just checked, Jdadour (jon) is selling his ej20 shortblock for $350

Quick Reply: anyone got a wrx shortblock for sale?