NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

98RS to 02-03 WRX harness LIC SWAP HARNESS

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 01:50 AM
mda

Car Info: ?
98RS to 02-03 WRX harness LIC SWAP HARNESS

Just as the title states...

98RS to 2002-2003 WRX merged harness.... $1200shipped or picked up, add $200 for the ECU.

Harness was Built at LIC in Navato, CA and was ran in my Unicorn for YEARS without any issues. A++++ to the Levy Brothers!

To run this in a car you'd just need the WRX ENGINE/INTAKE manifold harness.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:16 PM
mda

best offer?
Old 12-13-2009, 07:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Sooooo damn tempting!!!! Been wanting to do this to the wife's RS for years. Timing's off though with a brand new baby and Christmas around the corner. Great buy for a GM/GC guy!

-Brian
Old 12-13-2009, 07:31 PM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
Don't be cheap folks, someone wants this and it's verrrry cheap! Consider the hard work Adam @ LIC puts into these harnesses to make it look factory and we all know LIC doesn't do swaps anymore or even make harnesses to sell. 100% reliability with this LIC fab'd item
Old 12-13-2009, 08:38 PM
mda

eastbay -- Yea..I know the feeling. It should be around soon enough...I've got the engine and the ECU to match this harness too.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:11 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Subscribed in case I can get my crap together before this sells. Not sure what my other options would be aside from learning how the ECU works and doing the wiring myself.

So no one makes these anymore? LIC doesn't do swaps but won't build a harness and won't even sell advice for the job? Seriously, even when I had the money to do this - this one "super mysterious" part of it kept me away from the job - maybe even as a matter of principle. It's not the fooking mafia, it's a Subaru engine swap... If I could have had anyone, a shop, a person say "sure I will build you a harness for $XXXX" I would have had a swapped car a looooong time ago.

Anyway - since my car is not a '98 RS but a '95 L Coupe, would this still apply to me or would I need additional modifications to the harness?
Old 12-18-2009, 08:15 PM
mda

You'd want to do a dash swap, but you could get away with not doing one. You'll unplug the pins for the abs on the dash...as you most likely don't have it. Other than that most of the wiring for the "extra" stuff (power doors and mirrors and and and and) isn't used and will just sit there until/if you want to find a set of them to swap in.

My entire interior is for sale and all that. The doors sold last night, Thanks to Jonathan!
Old 12-21-2009, 10:53 AM
mda

Bumps.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:23 AM
mda

Bump.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: MY04 STi some call it a race car
PM'd you

-Noah
Old 12-24-2009, 06:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by wombatsauce

So no one makes these anymore? LIC doesn't do swaps but won't build a harness and won't even sell advice for the job? Seriously, even when I had the money to do this - this one "super mysterious" part of it kept me away from the job - maybe even as a matter of principle. It's not the fooking mafia, it's a Subaru engine swap... If I could have had anyone, a shop, a person say "sure I will build you a harness for $XXXX" I would have had a swapped car a looooong time ago.
Won't sell advise? What is that suppose to mean...you mean inform everyone how we do it, did it, only to have people go to the next shop and get it done cheaper (its not rocket science, its understanding wiring diagrams)...........ONLY to end back at our shop to have it all redone. Do some research on who still sells these harness's, there are plenty of companies around.

Anyway - since my car is not a '98 RS but a '95 L Coupe, would this still apply to me or would I need additional modifications to the harness?
No its not the same b/c your car is OBDI, 96 and newer is OBDII

FYI- doing a conversion to your OBDI car is one of the most expensive conversions...AND that's a fact, as you need to replace a lot more stuff than if it was OBDII

-Noah
Old 12-24-2009, 07:37 PM
mda

Noah, Replied to you.
Old 12-24-2009, 07:54 PM
Former Sponsor

and back at ya

-Noah
Old 12-26-2009, 01:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by LICmotorsports
Won't sell advise? What is that suppose to mean...you mean inform everyone how we do it, did it, only to have people go to the next shop and get it done cheaper (its not rocket science, its understanding wiring diagrams)...........ONLY to end back at our shop to have it all redone. Do some research on who still sells these harness's, there are plenty of companies around.
LOL... Wow. No, what I am talking about is along the lines of the messages I have sent to Bay Area shops over the years trying to get info for this job. I know I can do all of the mechanical work myself and since I have worked on cars for many years I know that it is hard work and am very willing to pay someone to do the wiring on my car, build a harness that I can buy or whatever can be arranged in a "service for pay" sort of scenario. Yes I do all of my own work but when I cannot, I refer to those who can and pay the price because I am looking for the kind of work that is pretty expensive if you want it done RIGHT. At this point, it is pretty clear to me that I will be purchasing the shop manuals for my car and the donor, and doing it all myself. This is fine with me and how I have done most of the work on my cars, but since I will be able to afford it this time - I thought it would be cool to pay someone else to do the work. At the same time, this "paying others to do work" has not gone well in the past, so I am basically being forced into doing the right thing.

But thanks a pant-load for the implications and prejudice.............................

Originally Posted by LICmotorsports
No its not the same b/c your car is OBDI, 96 and newer is OBDII

FYI- doing a conversion to your OBDI car is one of the most expensive conversions...AND that's a fact, as you need to replace a lot more stuff than if it was OBDII

-Noah
Thank you, that makes sense and is helpful.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:21 PM
Former Sponsor

At the same time, this "paying others to do work" has not gone well in the past, so I am basically being forced into doing the right thing.

But thanks a pant-load for the implications and prejudice.............................

Thank you, that makes sense and is helpful.
I had a really great response for you but then realized, I just wasted 10 mins of my life writing it only to know it would not make any sense as you are a person who "reads" things as an attack on you....but feel free to "read into" the words I'm typing.

"implications and prejudice" <-- that was worth typing again, thanks for the chuckle today!

and on another note: I'm about as helpful as it comes, feel free to read most of my posts....always facts and info being provided.

sorry OP back onto your for sale thread, let me know if your buyer doesn't buy it.

-Noah

Quick Reply: 98RS to 02-03 WRX harness LIC SWAP HARNESS