NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

2004 wrx headlights

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 06:49 PM

Car Info: 2004 Black WRX wagon
2004 wrx headlights

Hey,

I have a set of 2004 wrx headlights that I'm looking to sell.
I had an HID kit installed so each of the caps in the back has a hole where i ran the harness. You/I could seal it up or get a replacement cap.
There are no leaks, cracks, etc... Pretty good condition.
I'd prefer local pick-up. Looking to get ~230 bucks. Thanks for looking.

-jeffrey

edit: btw... does anyone know if you can raise/lower the aim of JDM lights so that they'll be like USDM? Thanks.

Last edited by escaflowne; 09-11-2006 at 06:57 PM.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:12 PM

Car Info: 2013 WRX Hatchback
I know how to raise/lower our lights, but I'm not sure if they are the same. If they are, its just a little bolt in the back of the light, marked A in the attached photo. I think it's 8mm or 10mm.
Attached Thumbnails 2004 wrx headlights-lightadjustment.jpg  
Old 09-11-2006, 07:35 PM

I've adjusted USDM lights before.

Can you manually adjust STi lights? I might be getting a set and am too lazy to install the levelling switch.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:38 PM

Car Info: '09 accord, '14 2 seater chevy
hmmmm contemplating. Do you have any pics of the lenses, are they scratched, worn, or any other problems? I'm thinking of doing a TSX projector retrofit(with color mod of course), and this would keep me from having to destroy my JDM STi headlights to do it. hmmmm The JDM STi HID is a significant increase in light quality over the stock wrx lights, aside from the flare to the wrong side, but I went from having retro'd E46 bi-xenons to the wrx, so even the STi reflector HID is pretty subpar.

free bump for you while I think.

Oh and to manually adjust the STi lights there is a nut head that sticks out of the back of the leveling motor, you can adjust it there. The left/right is either toward the inside or the outside of the lights, can't remember it's been a while. but it's down pretty low on the back of the housings.

Last edited by illusion; 09-12-2006 at 03:42 PM.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:42 PM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
Originally Posted by illusion
hmmmm contemplating. Do you have any pics of the lenses, are they scratched, worn, or any other problems? I'm thinking of doing a TSX projector retrofit(with color mod of course), and this would keep me from having to destroy my JDM STi headlights to do it. hmmmm The JDM STi HID is a significant increase in light quality over the stock wrx lights, aside from the flare to the wrong side, but I went from having retro'd E46 bi-xenons to the wrx, so even the STi reflector HID is pretty subpar.

free bump for you while I think.

Oh and to manually adjust the STi lights there is a nut head that sticks out of the back of the leveling motor, you can adjust it there. The left/right is either on the toward the inside or the outside of the lights, can't remember it's been a while.
I'm going to be selling a set of retro'd WRX lights soon. The projector/lens combo blows the TSX out of the water in color, cutoff, output, and they are bi-xenon

Let me know if you are interested
Old 09-12-2006, 05:50 PM

I don't have a pics right now. I'll take and post some soon.
As for condition. There are no scuffs and scratches. But near the parking light on one of the lights (i really can't remember) there's a little bit of white stuff that looks like dried wax. I have no idea what it is. It can def be buffed or rubbed off. Thanks.

-jeffrey