NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

2004 Forester XT -$8900 obo

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 03:47 PM

Car Info: '05 Legacy GT Wagon
ya the damage is minor but touched enough different panels on the car to total it out , the previous owner said the roof rack alone is $1500 new from subaru , not sure if that's true but that might have pushed it over the edge if it was close
Old 09-19-2011, 04:27 PM

Car Info: 05 bugeye STI
the car doesnt look as bad as i thought it would be but either way to repair and paint all those panels will be very expensive and i work in a bodyshop and unless u have personally done bodywork and paint (correctly) then u wouldnt understand the amount of work that is involved, i wouldnt want to spend 9k on a salvaged car that will need another 7k to make it right.

if a straight clean titled car is valued at 9k how can u expect to get 9k for a damaged salvage title car?
Old 09-19-2011, 05:27 PM

i'd suggest you read my first post again , also i think you fall into the 'this car is not for you' category, which is fine , based on the responses from craigslist and pm's i'm receiving the car may sell by the end of the week within 15% of asking price , cheers

Originally Posted by FuturistiK_STI
the car doesnt look as bad as i thought it would be but either way to repair and paint all those panels will be very expensive and i work in a bodyshop and unless u have personally done bodywork and paint (correctly) then u wouldnt understand the amount of work that is involved, i wouldnt want to spend 9k on a salvaged car that will need another 7k to make it right.

if a straight clean titled car is valued at 9k how can u expect to get 9k for a damaged salvage title car?
Old 09-20-2011, 01:00 PM

Car Info: Subaru Tech
There are alot of suckers out there hahahah, but not on i-club.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:35 PM

swapped on some 2008 impreza 17's today, looking good
Attached Thumbnails 2004 Forester XT -00 obo-blksuby9.jpg  
Old 09-20-2011, 01:36 PM

i was upfront about the car in my original post, thanks for the helpful comment though

Originally Posted by subytech
There are alot of suckers out there hahahah, but not on i-club.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:38 PM

I tracked down a buddy of mine who use to paint my cars in my racing days. Total cost to repair and repaint all damage - $1000.00 out the 'back' door of his shop . Now tell me the insurance and body shop industry that totals cars for cosmetic damage isn't a total sham!
Old 09-20-2011, 02:40 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by tbssubaru
I tracked down a buddy of mine who use to paint my cars in my racing days. Total cost to repair and repaint all damage - $1000.00 out the 'back' door of his shop . Now tell me the insurance and body shop industry that totals cars for cosmetic damage isn't a total sham!
Would you like it if the insurance were to backdoor fix your car? No you wouldnt. Its not a sham if they have to change all the body pieces to make your car new again. Fact of the matter is the cars a salvage title and with it now fixed, it'll be worth 50% of its value. Im glad you found someone to give you a lot more.

Afterall you want to make money on it too to spend on a new car and Im sure you made more than you lost doing that.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:21 PM

Car Info: 05 bugeye STI
ur just not understanding, a clean titled and damage free version of ur car is valued at 9k so even if the repairs only cos 1k ur car is still nowhere near what u think its worth, not to mention the 100k service coming up on it including the timing belt, tensioner, waterpump, and thermostat, so to buy ur car for what u want and get it properly serviced and the body repaired (at ur pricing) ur still in the car minimum 10,500... and its salvaged still lol... im sure u got money from the insurance for the car when u did the salvage title, so y do u want to try and rip people off from ur car community, its just not cool...
Old 09-20-2011, 03:23 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5rs
why don't you guys stop spamming his fs thread, if you don't like the price he is asking move on....

He isn't scamming anyone and is up front of what needs to be done.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:29 PM

dude if you work at a body shop shouldn't you be fixing cars and not hijacking my fs thread ? no wonder body work costs so much, half the time they are on the Internet !

how was your 'offer' of 2k not a ripoff ? : 0

Originally Posted by FuturistiK_STI
ur just not understanding, a clean titled and damage free version of ur car is valued at 9k so even if the repairs only cos 1k ur car is still nowhere near what u think its worth, not to mention the 100k service coming up on it including the timing belt, tensioner, waterpump, and thermostat, so to buy ur car for what u want and get it properly serviced and the body repaired (at ur pricing) ur still in the car minimum 10,500... and its salvaged still lol... im sure u got money from the insurance for the car when u did the salvage title, so y do u want to try and rip people off from ur car community, its just not cool...
Old 09-20-2011, 03:34 PM

yes i would, if paint and body work cost less than insurance rates would be cheaper , the simple fact that this car was totaled for 6 or 7 small dents or abrasions is proof of that

Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
Would you like it if the insurance were to backdoor fix your car?
Old 09-20-2011, 03:35 PM

amen to that !

Originally Posted by MonsterGC
why don't you guys stop spamming his fs thread, if you don't like the price he is asking move on....

He isn't scamming anyone and is up front of what needs to be done.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:05 PM

Car Info: toaster
Not trying to put down your thread but your pics of the car arent that clear. If you could get some better pics of the car maybe right after a car wash that would help, and maybe with the cargo rack thing off the car preferably with better lighting and not under a tree shade. I understand your tellin folks about the damage and what not and your honest about it, but tellin someone it'll only cost 1k to fix it doesnt make the sale that much better. Nonetheless the car looks great with the new wheels and I hope we get to see better pics because I would be interested to buy. just my .02 cents..... glws

Wes
Old 09-20-2011, 04:24 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by tbssubaru
yes i would, if paint and body work cost less than insurance rates would be cheaper , the simple fact that this car was totaled for 6 or 7 small dents or abrasions is proof of that
guess we'll agree to disagree and its your thread and your car so ill exit. congrats again on getting your asking price for it.

Quick Reply: 2004 Forester XT -$8900 obo