NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

2003 WRX Wagon for Sale - Silver - One Owner - 95K - Nicely Modded

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 03:25 PM

2003 WRX Wagon for Sale - Silver - One Owner - 95K - Nicely Modded

**12/21 UPDATE** **CAR IS SOLD**

It pains me to do this, but it is time to sell the Subie. I bought this car new and it has served us well, but our kids are growing up and we have another dog, so it was time for something a bit bigger. My preference would be to sell it as is with all mods, but am willing to part out if I can't find the right buyer for the right price. Just let me know what parts you might be interested in buying and I'll offer them to thread posters first. I do have all of the original parts and they would be included in the sale along with Yakima towers and a few extra air/oil filters.

The car has always been well maintained, hand washed regularly, and waxed every 3 months. I personally changed the oil every 5K with 5w30 Mobil 1 and have always had the major 30/60/90 services performed by Subie-focused shops. Most mods were put on around the 30K mileage mark and brakes and accessory belts were replaced right around the 60K mark. The car does have a new clutch that was replaced due to a groaning throw out bearing and chatter on takeoff when cold. The stock turbo back is currently installed for recent smog and passed with flying colors. As a bonus, registration is paid through November 2014.

I think you'll find the mods well-researched and tastefully done. If Subaru had brought an STi wagon to the States, I think it would have looked a lot like this wagon. With ski season right around the corner, my loss is your gain. I will be detailing the car one last time this week, so it will be ready to check out on Saturday.

Here are the details:

- 2003 WRX wagon; silver/black, 5-speed manual; only 95,000 miles
- VF34; STI Pinks; Cobb Accessport v1; Samco hoses
- Scoobysport downpipe & midpipe; STI catless uppipe; STI catback
- Dyno tuned by Mike of Gruppe-S (have the graphs); smog, 91 & 97 maps
- Prodrive springs; sedan rear sway; Kartboy endlinks
- 17" Gunmetal Rota Attack with Conti DW (50% tread)
- Factory 16" wheels with Bridgestone RE92s (70% tread) - great for Tahoe
- 20% tint (lifetime warranty from Vincent @ Omega)
- Factory painted side skirts; STi fog light covers
- Kartboy short shifter; auto meter boost gauge
- Aftermarket stereo with iPod / iPhone jacks; cargo tray

Overall I would give the car a 9.5 out of 10. Has a few small dings and scrapes, but is in better shape than 99% of the bugeyes out there. It really needs nothing. KBB on the car stock is $9,500, I have over $7,000 in mods (and receipts to prove it) that are easily worth $3,000 if I returned to stock and sold separately. I am hoping to find a buyer that appreciates the car in it's current state and will let it go with everything for $11,500. Reasonable offers will be entertained.

These pictures are pretty recent, but I have since removed the STi lettering from the fog covers and swapped out the Prodrive for a quieter STi catback. Otherwise identical.

Car is located in Almaden. Clean title in hand. PM if interested.

Jimbo
Attached Thumbnails 2003 WRX Wagon for Sale - Silver - One Owner - 95K - Nicely Modded-subaru_2.jpg   2003 WRX Wagon for Sale - Silver - One Owner - 95K - Nicely Modded-subaru_4.jpg   2003 WRX Wagon for Sale - Silver - One Owner - 95K - Nicely Modded-subaru_1.jpg   2003 WRX Wagon for Sale - Silver - One Owner - 95K - Nicely Modded-subaru_3.jpg  

Last edited by Jimbo; 12-21-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2010 swp WRX hatch
Real clean bugeye!

Glws
Old 12-21-2013, 12:33 PM

Car is sold. Feels great to find a fellow enthusiast who appreciated the car.

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments and coming to rescue the thread from trolls before the mods cleaned it up.

Jimbo
Old 12-22-2013, 05:08 PM

Car Info: a Scoobie
Originally Posted by Jimbo
Car is sold. Feels great to find a fellow enthusiast who appreciated the car.

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments and coming to rescue the thread from trolls before the mods cleaned it up.

Jimbo
Nice dude! Hope u got close to what u were asking for.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:49 AM

We came to a very fair price that was close enough to my asking to get the deal done. Guy had been looking for a clean 03-05 with my setup for some time, but every car he checked out has some issues. I had a few other people coming to look later that day, so I think it help push him to get a deal done while he was there.

I feel good because the car goes to a fellow enthusiast in Pleasanton that will have fun with it for the next 100K miles. Great deal all around.

Jimbo
Old 12-23-2013, 04:28 PM

Car Info: Cosmo black e36 m3
Thanks for the great car Jim. Can not wait to get back into the subaru game.