NorCal Classifieds Cars, parts, electronics, etc for sale and trade. Private parties and approved regional i-Club Vendors.

$600: VF39 Turbo Package - Includes Walbro and Injectors!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 03:27 PM

Car Info: 2009 A3 2.0T quattro
$600: VF39 Turbo Package - Includes Walbro and Injectors!

***********EVERYTHING SOLD**********************

For sale is my VF39 kit. Works great. This kit should be able to push around 230-240whp, depending on the dyno, on a 2.0L WRX. Never got my car dynoed with it in.

It IS all used, of course. Selling it because the spool characteristics are not what I need. I autoX religiously, and while the turbo DOES spool reasonably quick (3400 RPM), I needed more like 3000RPM for my purposes.

The VF39 is the stock turbo from a USDM WRX. It will easily do 17-19psi. It does have the common VF39 wastegate crack, but it doesn't affect the performance of the turbo at all. No shaft play, turbo has less than 8000 miles on it. Pictures:

The injectors are 525cc Blitz injectors for the WRX:

The pump is the venerable Walbro 255lph pump:

All of it together:

Buyer pays shipping if needed, plus 3% paypal fee.

Last edited by mcowger; 01-02-2006 at 12:55 PM.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:46 PM

Car Info: '06 Lexus IS
common wastegate crack? someone enlighten me on this...

otherwise, bump for a good deal!
Old 12-14-2005, 04:22 PM

Car Info: Sleeper Much?
Originally Posted by mcowger
The VF39 is the stock turbo from a USDM WRX.
The VF39 is from a USDM STi, not WRX. Stock WRX is TD04L
Old 12-14-2005, 04:25 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Originally Posted by SSFWRX
The VF39 is from a USDM STi, not WRX. Stock WRX is TD04L
Technically he didn't specify what type of WRX it was from

The STi is a WRX also

Old 12-14-2005, 04:28 PM

Car Info: baby blue TRICK STAR on pink TUFF II's (MIA) =(
Originally Posted by 02BlackWRX
Technically he didn't specify what type of WRX it was from

The STi is a WRX also

naw, don't lump us in w/those boojee STi guyz, especially them kamikaze WRB ones!

anyways, bump for what sounds like a good deal.........i dunno much about that wastegate crack thing either tho.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:19 PM

Car Info: C32 AMG, Lincoln Navigator, LS1 Trans Am, E36 Bmw
Exclamation Woah.

Hey kids,

I recently bought a used VF39. No exhaust housing crack, no shaft play as far as i can tell) no real issues with it except:

As I spin the shaft, and put my ear up to the housing I can hear 'ting ting ting' as I rotate the wheels. It VERY faint. I'm assuming its from the compressor blades touching the housing slightly, and that I dont want to install this on my car, correct?
Dude, whats up with this? Is this the SAME turbo your selling now!? Because your post says nothing about it...Explain.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:29 PM
UTR Member

Car Info: 93 Impreza L
o.0

Last edited by killaho; 12-14-2005 at 06:54 PM.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:11 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
hey did you ever even get this installed on your car??
Old 12-14-2005, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by AJBoost
Dude, whats up with this? Is this the SAME turbo your selling now!? Because your post says nothing about it...Explain.
Not sure why you feel the need to act like I'm trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes. Yup it is. I installed it anyways after talking with a few people who said it was normal. Had the turbo on for about 1.5 weeks. Didn't like it per the reasons above. Pulled it off. As far as I can tell, it doesn't even make the noise anymore. I was told that this was VERY likely to the lack of any oil within the center bearing (it was drained before I got it), and now that its had oil in it recently, it doesn't do that anymore. However, I am NOT a turbo expert, so what I say here it gathered by my own addled brain .

I can ascertain no damage to the turbo except what I've mentioned. I am more than happy to meet any potential buyer within SF for that to spin it. Thats the advantage to buying something used locally.

As far as the wastegate crack:

There have been a number of people (Gruppe-S, Clark @ Kingpin, Jerry @ Deadbolt) have noticed that VF39's develop the hairline crack at the wastegate flapper. You can see it i the pictures I've posted at about 9 o'clock. However, plenty of people make totally normal power even with this crack. If the cracks are THIS common on turbos that have been pulled off cars, I have to think that 20%+ of the stock STi's out there are running fine with said crack.

I was a bit concerned about it too, but I saw plenty of people over on NASIOC doing fine it.

Again, if this is something that REALLY concerns you - come take a look at it. Or don't buy it .
Old 12-14-2005, 07:41 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Matt is a great guy. Met him at one of the SFR Auto-X and he's not trying to be shady or anything. Matt, you might want to look into a VF-35 or a 29.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showpo...6&postcount=26 the Yellow one is the 35. I have the 35 and there are times in auto-x where it's going to lag, but it's unavoidable with turbo in auto-x unless you want to shift back into first.

I might have a friend who'd be interested in it, I'll forward this to him.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:08 PM

Wow - that 35 looks like EXACTLY what I want. Thanks man!
Old 12-14-2005, 08:18 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
I can vouche for Matt too, hes a stand-up guy and I would trust him with anything he sells!
Old 12-14-2005, 09:42 PM

Car Info: 96 Chevy Impala SS, 06 GMC 2500HD (former 02 WRX)
Going Street Mod next year???

Bump for a good guy and good seller, I'd also have no problem at all buying from him...
Old 12-14-2005, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Impala SS AutoX
Going Street Mod next year???

Bump for a good guy and good seller, I'd also have no problem at all buying from him...
AKA, going for getting my *** kicked .

I dont really care how I place in general, so we'll see where I run. I may just run WRG fun runs all the time. Besides, I plan to spend some more time out at Infineon....Solo2 is good, but I'm starting to its for speeds in excess of 50 MPH .

Thanks for the bumps everyone .
Old 12-15-2005, 12:27 AM

Car Info: C32 AMG, Lincoln Navigator, LS1 Trans Am, E36 Bmw
Not sure why you feel the need to act like I'm trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes. Yup it is. I installed it anyways after talking with a few people who said it was normal. Had the turbo on for about 1.5 weeks. Didn't like it per the reasons above. Pulled it off. As far as I can tell, it doesn't even make the noise anymore. I was told that this was VERY likely to the lack of any oil within the center bearing (it was drained before I got it), and now that its had oil in it recently, it doesn't do that anymore. However, I am NOT a turbo expert, so what I say here it gathered by my own addled brain .

I can ascertain no damage to the turbo except what I've mentioned. I am more than happy to meet any potential buyer within SF for that to spin it. Thats the advantage to buying something used locally.

As far as the wastegate crack:

There have been a number of people (Gruppe-S, Clark @ Kingpin, Jerry @ Deadbolt) have noticed that VF39's develop the hairline crack at the wastegate flapper. You can see it i the pictures I've posted at about 9 o'clock. However, plenty of people make totally normal power even with this crack. If the cracks are THIS common on turbos that have been pulled off cars, I have to think that 20%+ of the stock STi's out there are running fine with said crack.

I was a bit concerned about it too, but I saw plenty of people over on NASIOC doing fine it.

Again, if this is something that REALLY concerns you - come take a look at it. Or don't buy it .

If thats the way you took it than perhaps I should have worded my question differently. I simply wanted to know if there were any current issues with the turbo. "Come look at it or don't buy it", no need to be rude though. I can tell that more than a couple fellow I-clubbers can vouch for you. Which in of itself is a great thing, but still, you should have respect when addressing people you don't know. Besides, you can clearly see my concern about this turbo. Good luck with your sale. AJ

Quick Reply: $600: VF39 Turbo Package - Includes Walbro and Injectors!