Newbie & FAQ New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the I-Club group. FAQs will also be answered in here.

soon to be new owner 02 wrx wagon need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 08:43 AM

Car Info: 2002 wrx wagon
Cool soon to be new owner 02 wrx wagon need help

Hey everyone, so I've had a 93 impreza sport for 5 years and finally have enough money to upgrade, I'm looking at 2002 wrx wagons, they seem to fit my style. Any ways I'm planing on putting like 1k right off the bat into it, just curious of what are the first steps i should do. oh yeah and i drive mountain roads a lot, so id like power all the way through obviously but especially in 3rd and 4th thanks a lot. please help a new fanatic.

p.s. heres what i was thinking correct me if I'm wrong, leave the stock intake, a 50/50 bov, 3" dp into a QTP cut-out and leave the rest of the exhaust stock, chip it then get it tuned to these specs. I don't really know much, but this is what I've been told from other wrx owners and fanatics.

THANKS.

Also I'm not going to be racing the car, only putting to shame little ricers when they think the can step. i just want to be able to rip mountain passes.

reply here or hit up the email
sethlhill@yahoo.com
Old 07-10-2007, 09:08 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Concentrate on wheels, tires, suspension, brakes. Once you have all of that in place, work on power mods. Power is no good unless you can control it and stop it.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:28 AM

Thumbs up really

are wheels and tires that important, arnt the stock wheels ans tires fine?
Thanks for suspension do you suggest coil overs?
Old 07-10-2007, 09:43 AM
VIP Member

Stock wheels are fine, RE-92's are expensive pieces of crap. Yoou better off getting a set of wider wheels and tires. It makes one of the most dramatic differences in the car. As suspension goes; you have to make a choice based on your overall vision for the car. Do you care about comfort(if not you will), track car that drives on the street sucks after a while.
A good sway/strut/spring combo combined with the right bushings can give you all of the control you need, without scraficing a ton of comfort. I ran wagon pink springs, koni inserts, large sways (front/rear), and just about every group-n bushing you could throw at it and my car was amazing to drive.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:57 AM

Smile Thx

wow thanks for all the help can you get me some links for this stuff i don't really know where to start looking. i'm a real noob ha, thanks
Old 07-10-2007, 10:03 AM
VIP Member

I don't get paid for this stuff (I should). Cruise around ask questions, do some research. You're in a good place.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:24 AM

Thumbs up thx again

thanks again for all the help, im sure ill be hitting you up once i actually have the car.