Newbie & FAQ New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the I-Club group. FAQs will also be answered in here.

New Girl from bay area checkin things out

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 11:20 PM

Car Info: A box ;)
Exclamation New Girl from bay area checkin things out

Whatsup everyone
My name is Danielle, im 22 yrs old from the east bay area. Im pretty into the whole import/car scene, and am in the market for buying a new car and was looking at the sti's. Its a choice between the evo rs or sti, and i have a few firends on Norcalevo and have been to some meets and wanted to see if the subarus have as many meets and as much support out this way as ive seen for the evo's. I'd prefer a sub-ey but dont know many ppl out this way that do anything with theirs or that go to any meets or shows together... Soooo i figured i'd give this forum a shot and see whats going on so i can hopefully find others in my area. Thanks and hopefully meet sum of u soon.

XoXo
Dee
Old 06-21-2008, 11:22 PM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
Welcome Danielle!! I am not sure what your time frame for buying a car, but choosing between an STi and an Evo is kind of like choosing between milk chocolate and dark chocolate. It is really a preference, at least that is what I've heard. I can't really speak from experience, since I haven't really driven either. The community is pretty cool. I am sure if you come out to one of the meets, the guys would be more than happy to show you their rides.

If you choose the STi, you'll have to narrow your choices. You can check out the 04-05 "rex" STi's, the 06-07 "pignose" STi's, or the new 08 STi's.

If you are looking for advice on comparing the STi and the Evo, you might want to hit up UCBsti or ucb on NCE. He has own both, and I am sure he can give you his two cents.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

Last edited by darkonion; 06-21-2008 at 11:28 PM.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:30 PM

P.S. You might want to try to post in the NorCal (BAIC) regional section. You'll get a lot more traffic there. And... beware of the leghumpers.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:39 PM

Yeah im basically surrounded by evo drivers, and know like only one guy who drives a sti in town they bought the cars from the dealership i work at and figured i should stop drooling and tagging along to all these meets and finally choose between which one i really want. I definitly dont want the 08 version, i like the older wagon styles, but narrowing down between the years is pretty hard too, i did almost buy one off craigslist a few weeks ago, it was a obsidian black 05, for damn cheap too, it had the wingless low key look, pretty sweet, too bad he sold it before i could come take a look at it. But yeah hopefully i can meet some ppl closer to the east bay area to meet up with soon. And ill give that norcal section a try to see if i can catch anyone locals attention. And definitly not worried about the "leg humpers"
Old 06-21-2008, 11:46 PM

If you want a wingless look, I am sure there is someone out there that is will to trade you trunks. It is a little hard going from the picnic bench to the wingless, but it is certainly possible. There is a guy that is selling an STi. An 04 STi. It is somewhat heavily modded. His name is Steven (medicSTi). I'll grab a link for you.

https://www.i-club.com/forums/norcal-classifieds-96/fs-java-black-pearl-2004-subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-w-63k-309whp-excellent-condition-185253/
Old 06-22-2008, 12:16 AM

Car Info: 05 cgm imp
i was really looking into evo or sti before i bought mine, i like both cars for same reasons but couple of things made me go the suby route.
looks really matter per person but i personally think sti looks better, i'd say better because its got a original look, its just more different from all of the other import cars(04-05).

i've always loved frameless windows.
double din space for double din nav.
sti has more torque, less common on the scene, better interior imo.
boxer sound. main thing was that sti was less common.
and looks more beefy
more hp for simple boltons.

hey, danielle, good luck on finding the car you want! i dont know if you have but you should definitly test drive both cars.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:21 AM

thanks for the good advice
yeah I definitly am leaning towards the sti, I think they both look kinda 'beefy' and the body styles did grow on me after seeing all the mod options for both cars, and I'd probably want the white rs for the evo and gut it out for sum track days maybe,and obsidian black wingless for the sti, I definitly like the interior and the fact that not alot of ppl in my city have one, but outside my city I see sti's everywhere. I wouldn't mind having a silvia too but that's a rare find especially in good condition. But back to what I'm here for yeahh Ill definitly have to start the search again for a good deal, I also don't want one that's been beat up and the previous owner rode the **** out of, I'm just picky and like to take good care of my rides. But thanks for the advice
Old 06-22-2008, 01:31 AM

Car Info: 05 Mazda 3
Hi Spicy,
Welcome to I-club
Old 06-22-2008, 09:09 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Originally Posted by darkonion
P.S. You might want to try to post in the NorCal (BAIC) regional section. You'll get a lot more traffic there. And... beware of the leghumpers.
that made me laugh Wolf in sheep's clothing.

Welcome to i-club.

What do you like about livermore? What do you think about downtown and what they did to it?

Last edited by soggynoodles; 06-22-2008 at 09:30 AM.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:28 AM

Car Info: you've got an electrical problem.
Theres a car show in danville this morning. A few of us will be there.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:36 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Welcome
Old 06-22-2008, 09:47 AM

Car Info: 1999 Subaru Impreza L Wagon
you can do what im currently doing..modding a 2000 Impreza 2.5RS with a version 8 STI engine with the impressive and very awesome 6 speed transmission they just came out with on the 08 models that 6 speed is a must have for any Subaru
Old 06-22-2008, 10:02 AM

Car Info: 04 AW WRX
I was in the same situation as you...i test drove them both and the STi just felt right for me...i love the subaru community and it seems like every other subaru I see always gives me the thumbs up. I have a friend with an evo and when he rides around with me hes impressed how cool all the other subaru guys are on the road
Old 06-22-2008, 10:35 AM

Car Info: o3' Honey Bee
My X had an evo 9 MR. She loved it, I didn't. It was pretty nice, ride-wise. The only problem I had with it, was the interior.

I then test drove a friends STI, and fell in love. The interior was ok, a little bit more sporty than the evo. It was a little more user friendly too. Better speakers IMO. And you see a lot more people driving subarus than mitsu.

But look at me now, I ended up getting neither. I drive a WRX, and 03 at that. I'm looking to buy an R32 next.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:00 AM

morning guys
soooo i wont be making it to the car show in danville since i slept in, but i might b going to uckk this or next week, maaaybe. but yeah livermore is okay, weather is hot as hell, and yeah downtown looks waaay better than before, more bars and places to go so its cool. any of you from close to my area?

Quick Reply: New Girl from bay area checkin things out