Newbie & FAQ New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the I-Club group. FAQs will also be answered in here.

first subaru, need some help with it, a lot of things...

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 07:24 AM

Car Info: 05 WRX wagon
first subaru, need some help with it, a lot of things...

so i picked up an 05 subaru wrx wagon with 70k from a buddy of mine who was going to trade it in for a 05? Legacy GT wagon. my car came with hks uppipe, hks downpipe/midpipe/carbon ti muffler, ebay short ram intake, accessport v1 on stage1/91v or somiething. those are the engine mods that i can think of pretty much. when i bought the car my friend didn't have the remote for the alarm, and told me the car is wired up for remote start. so i bought the remote a viper 479 and since then i been remote starting for a weeks before i notice one night that my parking lights that normal flash when the car is on before i put my key in and put the e-brake down are now on. all the time! everytime i park i have to pull the battery so i don't drain the battery! this happened a few days after i installed my up pipe. now my check engine light is flashing and it feels like i'm not boosting for ****! i know the restrictor pill is missing and that is part of the problem.

i got an innova 3140 scanner and i pulled 12 codes! the codes i pulled are
1. p1518 starter switch circuit (off)
2. p0851 park/neutral swtich input circuit low
3. p1152 oxygen sensor range/performance problem (low)
4. p1153 oxygen sensor range/performance problem (high)
5. p0502 vehicle speed sensor A circuit low input
6. p0503 vehicle speed sensor A intermittent/erraticH...
7. p1518 starter switch circuit (off)
8. p0851 park/ neutral switch input circuit low
9. p1152 oxygen sensor range/performance problem (low)
10. p1153 oxygens sensor range/performance problem (high)
11. p0502 vehicle speed sensor A circuit low input
12. p0503 vehicle speed sensor A intermittent/erraticH...

can anyone diagnose what's my problem here? i'm going to make an appointment with security and sound to have them take a look at my alarm. i have a feeling either the alarm fried, or my ecu is.

another thing is the accessport v1 that i have, i can't unmarry/divorce for some reason every time i try to revert the ecu back to stock it gives me the low voltage error message, even while the ac adapter is plugged in! can i use an unmarried v2 to flash over my v1 stage 1 map?

also when i have the key in accessory the electric fans on the radiator kick on spin for a few seconds, click off and then repeat even with all the relays pulled out like all 3 of them. i'm hoping i didn't fry my ecu when i tried to flash the ecu.

for the last thing, i bought ebay silicone hoses for the intercooler, 2 radiator/9 heater hoses, turbo inlet. so i went to take off the left radiator purge hose to turbo reservoir and the nipple on the reservoir snaps off! plastic p.o.s. i was looking into eliminating it or finding a metal reservoir. more so leaning towards eliminating so i can spend it on an sti intercooler and grimmspeed turbo heatshield instead.

the car also came with 18x7.5? ADR with hankook ventus 225/45 in the front with nitto neo gens in the rear, pink rear strut bar, pink h-brace in the front.
as for the other things for the car i bought an hks 120mm silencer for the exhaust, 04-07 wrx/05+ sti tein s-tech springs but i changed my mind on putting on the springs.

i plan on changing the front to sedan front, h6 rear brake upgrade, sway bars, coilovers, clutch/flywheel, fuel pump/injectors, and turbo upgrade.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:39 AM

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
Well the good news is it sounds like it runs ok.......

It sounds like it is all electrical. Hopefully when they fix the alarm wiring which can wreak havoc on everything it will fix most or all of your other problems.

I am not fimiliar with the APV1 but im sure someone else will chime in and give you a hand, but it will be difficult until the alarm is completely eliminated as the culprit.

Welcome GL and anjoy your stay.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:48 AM

so i took a look at the owners manual for the cobb accessport v1 and it has a green and white harness connector or init plug. i am missing these. could i send in my v1 for the rebate to get a new v2 from the cobb tuning $200 rebate.

or i could just opt to buy one locally for $500 and he's willing to help me unmarry my v1 stage 1 map, and reflash it back to stock so i can marry a v2. but i'm worry i won't be able to sell my v1 other than to cobb tuning.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:31 AM

Car Info: wrx wagon/2.5rs
is your parking light on?!....

Switch is on the steering column cover.

Have you tried clearing the codes and road testing it. seems like, a lot of bunch of random codes that came up. possibly cause the battery has been dieing.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by lzykid4life
is your parking light on?!....

Switch is on the steering column cover.

Have you tried clearing the codes and road testing it. seems like, a lot of bunch of random codes that came up. possibly cause the battery has been dieing.
yes the parking light is on. it's on even when the switch is turned all the way off. i noticed it when i remote started my car and notice that the parking light was on constantly instead of flashing like it normally would.

i tried clearing the codes but the check engine light would still be on, and when i go to try and pull the codes it would say that there are no codes stored because i had just cleared them. but after a while the codes would come back.

can anybody tell me how to diagnose the o2 sensor high/low problem, as well as the vehicle speed sensor? the starter switch, and the parking brake switch, i'm going to have an alarm shop deal with.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:26 PM

I feel like an idiot. The parking light on top of of the steering column was on! I didn't wtf it was until the alarm guy told me. I basically paid them $45 just to tell me my switch was on! I still got all the problem codes and my car's cel is still flashing and my car still running like shiet.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:08 PM

So I've been reading up on the green test connector. I guess i'm supposed to leave it unplugged? I have it connected as I write this but I'm at work using my other car. I'll see when I get home if connecting the green plug will get rid of all the problems. Now I recall that after connecting it all the problems started. I didn't notice even after I swapped the stock up pipe for my hks up pipe with the egt bung.