xxtuning sux

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2002, 08:46 PM

Car Info: 02 silver impreza wrx
Angry xxtuning sux

today i visited xxtuning for the first time, and i have to say i am not impressed. i drove an hour and a half to get to this place for them to be no help at all to me.
the lead technician their is a moron, that doesnt want to know you unless you are paying him to do it, and half the staff their dont know what they are talking about when it comes to other subaru's like my friends legacy gt.
we wanted help on getting parts for his car, and they didnt help us much at all. and most of the parts we could find, they told us how much crap they were, and not to buy them.
i would deffinately say i had a bad experience the first time i went, and i believe they have lost a potential customer...
Old 12-15-2002, 01:07 PM

yeah, but that performance place looks like it has more to do with VW's than anything, and they dont have much on their website either.
Old 12-18-2002, 05:43 PM

xxtuning

look guys, im sorry if i came across as being an a** on this thread, but this was my first time at the store, and i didnt have the best of luck. i guess a lot of you guys go there and have good service and i respect that, the only thing that majorly pissed me off about the place was when my friend asked about pointers for installing his clutch, which we have never done on a subaru before, and all the tech could say was " a clutch? already?". which wasnt really the answer we were looking for.
let me set some things straight..
i thing xxtuning is awsome to be carrying such a variety of wrx parts, and the owner of the store WAS very helpful to me. heck, he even warmed his car up just so i could hear the exhaust. i was in a very bad mood that day, my mother has back problems, and the only reason she came was to see if they had stuff for my car she could get for christmas, because she hates shopping online (which is why we baught the bov).
As for the guy that sold the bov to me, you were very helpful too, and i would like to apologize if my e-mail was harsh.
in closing i would like to say, my first post was a bit uncalled for, and i wasnt put up to it, it just peed both my friends, and my mother off that we drove all that way just to buy a bov for my wrx and couldnt get any help for my friends cases.
you guys have not lost my business, and i should be visiting you guys soon after tax returns to buy that exhaust you showed me.
sorry guys, wont happen again..

andy
Old 01-05-2003, 10:52 PM

i stopped into xxtuning on tomctwrx's suggestion and i was pretty impressed. the guys there seemed pretty friendly and helpful and busy. im probably going to get an alarm installed by them in the near future ..

on another note - i have found another shop in norwalk, ct .. i think its called Speed Sport Tuning .. its on Post Rd about a mile north of Stew Leonards. they have an AWD dyno and had tons of parts in stock .. i think they have an official grand opening day on the 11th .. the shop used to deal mainly in porsche/audi, i saw their name in a MRT ad i think in grass roots or sport compact .. anyone in the area should check it out!!

they have a website but i see no wrx content (yet) ..
http://www.speedsporttuning.net/index.html
Old 01-06-2003, 11:30 AM

the place in norwalk isnt actually officially open - when i was there last week the display cases were still empty and the walls barely covered with product. what they did have in stock seemed like the complete MRT Performance catalog which is STi, Whiteline, ECUtek and some other cool stuff .. hopefully on the 11th the inventory is up a bit. the few things i asked for prices on werent badly priced either, not as low as vendors online but instant gratification is always worth a few bucks ..

The day i went into speedsport i had been looking online for a certain part and all the shops i had dealt with in the past were out of stock and seeing it on the wall made me think it was a good shop, especially since its 5 miles from my house and they have an awd dyno. i found they do have their own url - http://speedsporttechnik.net/

every time i had been to pruven or modern i was underimpressed by their stock (never seen any wrx product on the shelves there, but havent been in quite a while..) and the sales people there were far from knowledgeable ..

its always cool to have options. actually another store i really liked was fizz down in bayside ny over the whitestone bridge (i dont think they do installs though). http://www.fizzautosports.com/