Biggest Speeding Ticket Ever?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2003, 08:26 AM

For once, I find myself in 100%, total, unconditional agreement with Al .
Old 04-22-2003, 05:31 AM
KC

Car Info: 2003 STX Pro-Solo/Solo-II National Champion
Can ya scan it in? I'd like to see it. I doubt you're paid it already.

(You can block out your name and address)
Old 04-22-2003, 05:58 AM

Car Info: 1999 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - Quick Silver Metallic
imprezive.
Old 04-22-2003, 08:18 AM

Originally posted by y2k4door
*runs outside to look for flying pigs*
No really- they're all over the damn place up here, kind of like when Woody from Cheers saw all the bats after drinking NyQuil all night .

Brian
Old 04-22-2003, 01:13 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX Sedan
Unhappy

I got one in Danielson, CT by a state trooper on 395 North and that was for doing 97 in a 65 - He wrote it up for 94 so he "wouldn't have to take me in..." (i think that was BS but was not about to question the legalities) Also tacked on reckless endangerment, tailgating, and some aggressive driver BS. Total ticket was for about $590 or so, and the court appearance was mandatory.

Tried to be slick with the judge, didn't work, but I was able to argue it down to "Speed in Excess of 70 mph" and it wasn't counted as a nasty mark on my license.

I have had 2 in Massachusetts since 1997, both issued by Troop "E" of the Turnpike, and both for less than $1100 combined. I contested both, and lost both, so the MA court system is a little less forgiving.

My advice - Get a lawyer. I know one who I might be able to refer to you privately and get this taken care of. Shoot me a PM with the basic info and I'll talk to him about helping you out. Might cost a little, but will save A LOT later on.
Old 04-22-2003, 02:36 PM

Originally posted by ZaphodForty2
Ifor doing 97 in a 65 - He wrote it up for 94 so he "wouldn't have to take me in..." (i think that was BS but was not about to question the legalities) Also tacked on reckless endangerment, tailgating, and some aggressive driver BS.
Isn't 32 over and tailgating aggressive driving ? I got nailed on the Mass Pike before, and they are **** out there... I got pulled over for 72 in a 65 (yes, it is still speeding, I know). Big speed trap with 6 cars, 2 doing radar, 4 pulling folks over- it was just over the top of a hill... I had no chance . If they had only gotten one more car before me, they would have been too busy to pull me over... ah, such is life I guess .

Brian
Old 04-22-2003, 02:53 PM

Angry Define "aggressive..."

Yeah, if you were in front of me when I got busted, it was pretty aggressive, but as far as I was concerned, the cop should have been pulling over the people doing 55 in the left hand lane for miles and miles and... you get the idea.

Anyway, the pike blows, and those guys have gotten crafty. My favorite (I think it is no longer allowed for safety reasons) was when they parked in the turnaround slots in the Jersey barriers and blended in with the background. Neat trick, but damn it is hard to spot a grey and blue crown vic nestled into the concrete.

Heads up - I have seen multiple unmarked Ford Taurus state cops all over the place, most recently a black one and a burgundy one. Hard to spot, but they will most likely be the only ones who are gaining on you when doing 90+ (they drive like animals, too)

Also, Ford Expeditions and Explorers are being used unmakred as well.

If you have a radar detector in MA you will also notice that the orange construction signs (the ones that flash arrows and warnings) have radar devices installed underneath them. I think it is to monitor traffic volume and adjust the message scrolling speed, but when you come up on one at high speed and the Valentine goes nuts, it is enough to take abot 5k miles off of your brake pads.
Old 04-22-2003, 03:58 PM

Car Info: 2002 Alpine White WRX
that sounds crazy, I would think that you would get arrested if you double the speed limit or more.
Old 04-24-2003, 01:04 PM

Arrow

Whoops. Lemme try that again...

Last edited by ZaphodForty2; 04-24-2003 at 01:38 PM.
Old 04-24-2003, 01:05 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX, 06 A3
I once had a friend who got nailed for, get this:

156 in a 70.. hahaha

It cost him 24 days in jail and about 12g's in fee's. But thats cuz he had an unregistered shotgun in the trunk.. haha

Quick Reply: Biggest Speeding Ticket Ever?