New Aftermarket Car Parts For Sale Only brand new aftermarket car parts can be listed here by private parties only!

02-03 WRX Intercooler Air Splitters $25 shipped!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 01:03 PM

Car Info: Parting Out?
02-03 WRX Intercooler Air Splitters $25 shipped!

I decided to spend this weekend fabricating some intercooler air splitters for the 02-03 WRX. As some of you know the factory 02-03 wrx didn't come with a splitters, a few companys make entire hoodscoop shroud replacements but I couldn't justify over $100 for one of these.

What the Air Splitter does is divert air to the middle and front of the intercooler. The way the hoodscoop is set up now, the majority of the air only reaches the back of the intercooler. This kit gives better cooling efficiency, less heatsoak, and a colder intake temperature.

The $25 kit comes with a single deflector, the necessary hardware to install and an instruction sheet I printed up shipped USPS Priority. The $40 kit comes with twin deflectors (shown in pics below) includes the necessary hardware and instructions sheet shipped USPS Priority.

All the splitters have been tested and fitted on my 02-03 WRX, and each has been primered and paint matched with 3 coats of black. So it matches the factory shroud. Installation is a very easy 15-25 minutes. It requires screwdrivers, and a drill to bolt the splitters to the hoodscoop shroud.