Sacramento Weekly Meet Discussion (dead meet, but how the SRIC started)

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 06:50 PM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Car Info: 97 LOB, 05 FXT, 03 Tundra
Look, I'm not trying to tell you guys to change. You do what works for you. The DSM guys seem to be fine; I'm not saying you're racers or whatever, so I apologize if it came across that way.

I'm responding to the comments the newer guys are making about the old-school guys who aren't showing up anymore. I'm explaining why we feel the way we do, and why you don't see us out as much.

You guys should continue to do your thing. It's working for you. I'm simply providing insight and context into what's changed it for some of us. You're not obligated to change what's going becuase of us, I'm simply responding to the focus put on us for abandoning the meets, etc.

I'm done with this discussion for the moment. Good luck.

Hodge and Aaron; I don't have any personal issues with you guys, and I wasn't trying to say that you caused the problems. Simply put, by defending the current state of the meet, you're responding to some of those changes and get painted with the same brush. Maybe some of the clubs showing up is a coincidence, and we're all *******s. All I'm trying to present is why some of us are no longer interested in the current meets.

Last edited by sybir; 11-06-2006 at 06:55 PM.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:38 PM
banned

Car Info: ummm?
Originally Posted by sybir
All I'm trying to present is why some of us are no longer interested in the current meets.
QFT
Old 11-06-2006, 09:29 PM
MILF Hunter

Car Info: 2005 Legacy GT
you know I was actually considering going to the meet saturday night, but I am very glad I didn't... and I really think I am finished with the meets now..... I'm sorry but this stuff is out of hand. I never really liked hearing the newbies bad mouthing the creaters of the SRIC when I would go to some of the meets a while back. It was very immature..... and I am starting to grow up now and I don't and don't need to be involved in anything that could be deamed as illegal when it comes to vechile acts.... be it street racing or just doing somethign stupid in a parking lot....

Whatever you guys want to do , go for it, just don't hurt anyone or hurt yourself, please be safe! and try to obey the law.

thank you
Old 11-06-2006, 10:26 PM

Car Info: 1995 Legacy L wgn & 1995 Legacy Brighton wgn
Originally Posted by sybir
Look, I'm not trying to tell you guys to change. You do what works for you. The DSM guys seem to be fine; I'm not saying you're racers or whatever, so I apologize if it came across that way.

I'm responding to the comments the newer guys are making about the old-school guys who aren't showing up anymore. I'm explaining why we feel the way we do, and why you don't see us out as much.

You guys should continue to do your thing. It's working for you. I'm simply providing insight and context into what's changed it for some of us. You're not obligated to change what's going becuase of us, I'm simply responding to the focus put on us for abandoning the meets, etc.

I'm done with this discussion for the moment. Good luck.

Hodge and Aaron; I don't have any personal issues with you guys, and I wasn't trying to say that you caused the problems. Simply put, by defending the current state of the meet, you're responding to some of those changes and get painted with the same brush. Maybe some of the clubs showing up is a coincidence, and we're all *******s. All I'm trying to present is why some of us are no longer interested in the current meets.

Aaron,
i do understand where you're coming from, i always did. i was just responding to what i saw as people (not necessarily you) blaming me for things that i didn't do, and had nothing to do with other than the fact that i was around to see them happen. i don't think you guys are all *******s, i just think that you guys have moved on to other things now. nothing wrong with that. if you guys ever want to come back to the meets, we'll be happy to welcome everyone just as we've welcomed the other people who have been showing up. i never meant to draw attention to people for not showing up to meets, we've already had that discussion. i'm pretty much done with it myself, i don't have any hard feelings towards anyone here, i am just not the kind of person who is going to just sit around and not say anything while people are unfairly slinging mud in my direction.

Originally Posted by legasti
you know I was actually considering going to the meet saturday night, but I am very glad I didn't... and I really think I am finished with the meets now..... I'm sorry but this stuff is out of hand. I never really liked hearing the newbies bad mouthing the creaters of the SRIC when I would go to some of the meets a while back. It was very immature..... and I am starting to grow up now and I don't and don't need to be involved in anything that could be deamed as illegal when it comes to vechile acts.... be it street racing or just doing somethign stupid in a parking lot....

Whatever you guys want to do , go for it, just don't hurt anyone or hurt yourself, please be safe! and try to obey the law.

thank you
Cale, that's cool and i respect that man. i hope you don't blame me for anything that happened, but i understand if you do. i hope that you'll change your mind one day and come out to the meet just to chill for a bit, cause you're a cool guy, and you have a sweet car. i just really hope you (and everyone else) understand that what happened at this last meet had nothing to do with anyone that was at the meet. we were just there to see it, and we also did nothing that would invite the attention of the cops (other than standing around by our cars that is). i really do understand if you still don't want to come out just because you don't want to be around that kind of behavior. as far as you drive to come out to the meets, i can understand why that would keep you away.

to everyone else, i think this discussion has run its course. it is what it is, and quite frankly, it's not going to change. everyone is always welcome at the meets, i certainly won't bring any grudges with me. we're not doing anything to invite unwanted attention, and for the most part we discourage trouble-making just as much as you all do. if that isn't enough to convince you to attend the meets in the future, then so be it. i did what i could, i'm not quite sure whose fault it is if you don't believe me.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:40 PM

Car Info: 1999 Impreza L
Dudes im not one to leave things unsaid especially when you get posts like the one above who clearly has no idea what happened last saturday and that we had nothing to do with it. And the other week when the cop who stopped by for a friendly chat. It was only natural for the cops to check us out after they busted those numb nuts. They were trying to be cool so they said. But some one else started talking back. Which was non of the iclubbers. And to say the newbies are badmouthing the old guy is not it @ all. This whole ish started when the newbies said no one is showing up. The old guys explained why. We talk a bout the messed up ish others are doing around us, and the old guys say thats why we dont come. And we say why gripe or talk down to us if your not there. That was all. Makes sense to me. So to blame it on the new people is just not right. Again Again Again Arron and i did one dumb thing the whole 4 months since i have been coming to the EG and natomas meets and thats how we are treated after we admit we were wrong? I cant take this mental Masturbation, the same **** going on and on and on. So if some y'all want to come out to the meet for just a bit and talk every one wheter what they belive can be on the same page/ understanding. Thats all, call it being stubborn or being a ***** i dont like being pinned for things i did not do and do not have control of. You guys type at the end of your post im a cool guy or im alright. I would like to be treated as such, and i dont want my name slung around like **** for things "again" I did not do or had any control of.

But i should have guessed it would be like this. People thinking they have me figured out. Since i posted that ish the first time of my site and got all those ****ed up comments i was cool. But i get no credit for that. I see the way this place runs now, and i dont feel welcome anymore.

But yeah show up to the meet if you have somthing to say...non confrontationl ofcourse. Im not going to end this saying i have nothing against any one because id be lying. I feel toataly disrespected and i have shown nothing but will to belong with fellow impreza owners. And those of you who have met me ( im the black guy ) im pretty sure you can vouch for that.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:13 AM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by legasti
Whatever you guys want to do , go for it, just don't hurt anyone or hurt yourself, please be safe! and try to obey the law
That about sums it up.

Last edited by Snot Rod; 11-11-2006 at 05:40 PM.
Old 11-12-2006, 02:16 AM

sweet *** meet tonight. very late showing from everyone (myself included), but we had a blast. no cops, no trouble, and very few jokes about people's moms (hey, it can't be completely perfect). way too much info about the "Capri Suns" though (you had to be there).

but damn it was f'in cold out there!
Old 11-12-2006, 07:49 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 07' AW 335i & 05' WD Escalade
Originally Posted by that one legacy
very few jokes about people's moms
t will's mom??????
Old 11-12-2006, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by pj21086
t will's mom??????
well you know, things just kinda happen...
Old 11-19-2006, 02:37 AM

Damn we had most of the meet @ the best buy! Ficking Wii i stayed till 2am manny and Arron have fun. Il be over to play over the break!
Old 11-19-2006, 04:05 PM

Car Info: Evo4 and STI Ver6 replicas
I think both of my GC8's are going to be getting no love for a few months....Zelda is freakin rediculous. Dash swap is on hold while I take out some Dodongo's lol. Thanks for staying out Aaron, Hodge. See you guys next week.

Last edited by my3awds; 11-19-2006 at 11:10 PM.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:02 PM

shoot man, when we drove by that Target on the way home, i seriously almost swung in to see if they had any Wiis left! goddam Zelda is staring at me from the coffee table, just testing me!

next month......next month.......

in other news, i went up to the rancho pick n pull earlier today and got another mirror bracket, so i now have matching mirrors again! too bad that 1) the paint is still pretty f-ed up, so i have to go back and fix that this week; and 2) they're jdm mirrors, so i have to get new ones cut.

but otherwise they be lookin' JDM tye yo!
Old 11-19-2006, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by T-cel89
Damn we had most of the meet @ the best buy! Ficking Wii i stayed till 2am manny and Aaron have fun. Il be over to play over the break!
fixed.

and bring it on man, i haven't whooped on anyone in Double Dash lately!
Old 11-20-2006, 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by that one legacy
fixed.

and bring it on man, i haven't whooped on anyone in Double Dash lately!
Thats how i spell it on my phone! lol I know i butchered manney name "sorry"
Old 11-25-2006, 06:45 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
big turnout tonight lol

<--- me

Quick Reply: Sacramento Weekly Meet Discussion (dead meet, but how the SRIC started)