Sacramento Weekly Meet Discussion (dead meet, but how the SRIC started)

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 01:24 AM

Car Info: 1995 Legacy L wgn & 1995 Legacy Brighton wgn
so......highlights of tonight's meet:

1) watching those dumb *** kids ghost riding in the F150 right accross the front of Raleys, and then getting pinched by the cops as they rounded the corner to head for Truxel.

2) watching the tow truck roll up to take the truck away

3) hearing the lecture from the cops later on about street racing, and how modified exhausts are CARB violations.

seriously, wtf? who was street racing?
Old 11-05-2006, 01:33 AM

Car Info: Evo4 and STI Ver6 replicas
They probably saw Justin's Youtube Video :P Wish I stayed long enough for the entertainment.
Old 11-05-2006, 01:44 AM

Car Info: 1995 Legacy L wgn & 1995 Legacy Brighton wgn
oh man, it was classic! justin was the one who actually saw them, he points off towards Raley's and says "look man, that's bull****. they're ghost ridin'". right as we all turn around and look, the truck pulls up closer to the intersection, and we all see the guys hanging out the doors (we heard the music way before we saw them). right as they stop at the stop sign and start to turn left, one time comes out of no where, flashing his lights. as the truck turns, all the guys see the lights, and get into the car. just as Justin starts to tell us that there was an emergency ordinance passed a few days ago making ghost riding an impound offense, one time flips the siren, and teh party begins!

i guess we shouldn't have been enjoying that so much, especially since we got payback when the cops came back and talked to us, but it was still pretty funny to watch.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:07 AM

Car Info: .
Glad I bailed when I did. Considering that you can get a ticket for being a spectator at a street race, I suppose it's just a matter of time before you get cited for watching a sideshow.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:59 AM
banned

Car Info: ummm?
yay....sounds like natomas meets have now officially GONE TO ****!

YAY YAY YAY....
bahhhhhh

Last edited by Mad Ra88it; 11-05-2006 at 11:05 AM.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:39 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Rust and Salt
Originally Posted by Mad Ra88it

YAY YAY YAY....
bahhhhhh
Yeah. Pretty damn disappointing.
Old 11-05-2006, 12:38 PM
Contributing Member

Car Info: 2005 WRX Auto with high hopes :l
Originally Posted by kidatari
Yeah. Pretty damn disappointing.
Ditto, guess I'll find other stuff to do on Saturday's now, neat.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:05 AM

Car Info: 1999 Impreza L
Originally Posted by Mad Ra88it

YAY YAY YAY....
bahhhhhh
W3RD : ( that sucks Donkey ***** y0...
Old 11-06-2006, 07:07 AM

Car Info: 1999 Impreza L
Originally Posted by Snot Rod
Glad I bailed when I did. Considering that you can get a ticket for being a spectator at a street race, I suppose it's just a matter of time before you get cited for watching a sideshow.
I dont mean to pick on you. But even if sidshow watchin was citable. We were like 100 ft or more a way parked.... in a parking lot. I dont see how they could site us. Dont let the cops turn you into a ****
Old 11-06-2006, 07:52 AM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Car Info: 97 LOB, 05 FXT, 03 Tundra
Originally Posted by T-cel89
I dont mean to pick on you. But even if sidshow watchin was citable. We were like 100 ft or more a way parked.... in a parking lot. I dont see how they could site us. Dont let the cops turn you into a ****

You're missing the point. In the past few weeeks, you guys have done more bonehead **** and gotten talked to by cops more often than we did in the last 3 years.

Sitting there and talking like "**** the manm he can't do **** to me" is all well and good, but some of us are more mature and want to do somehting else with our evenings besides worry aobut being hassled by cops. You guys may think it's good fun, but there are people here with something to lose if the cops crack down (and guess what, now they're aware of you guys on a different level). It's all great that you could get your hood popped and not get messed with ,but a lot of guys in our club can't, and don't feel like taking that risk.

Cops used to roll by and make jokes over the PA like "I think the blue one's fastest", not pull in and start talking about illegal mods.

I'm over it. A new group of guys has taken over the meet, which is fine, since it's in the absence of the older guys who saw where stuff was going and didn't like it. You guys can lie in the bed you make. If you can't correlate the other clubs, honda kids, and vehicular jackassery that have marked the change over the last 3 months, you're blind.

Look back on what some of the "old guard" said over the past few months......it comes from experience, and all you've done is prove us right. I don't want to hear "oh, the cops were only there because of other ****" or "we were just playing around in the parking lot, driving slow'" It represents the exact kind of lack of judgment (like when someone invited a community of street racers, in Hodge's own words, to the meet, then decided to ask us afterwards)

This isn't meant as a personal attack. You're good guys. I just think you're making some poor choices, or have in the past, and the guys who know better see what's happening and don't like it. Do what you want, but please try to understand the consequences. You guys can do what you want with the meet, it's over for for some of us. Enjoy yourself.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:45 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by sybir
You're missing the point. In the past few weeeks, you guys have done more bonehead **** and gotten talked to by cops more often than we did in the last 3 years.
QFT. Thanks, guys, for ruining a great meet spot, free from police hassle. You rock.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:01 AM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Originally Posted by teh old skool SRiC
Told you so.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:15 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Rust and Salt
Originally Posted by sonicsuby
QFT. Thanks, guys, for ruining a great meet spot, free from police hassle. You rock.
Again, QFT.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:37 AM

Car Info: prius drivers crazy. ****ing ***wipes...
Damn...just when me and 3 of my friends were gonna start going to some meets for the first time
i guess these meets arent as police-friendly as they used to be?
Old 11-06-2006, 11:41 AM

Car Info: Evo4 and STI Ver6 replicas
Originally Posted by sybir
Yeah, Arron, stop Ghost Ridin' the whip you Bone Head! See what you've done to the meets that no subarus attend to any longer for the past year? Sheesh, you're ruining it for ALL the old members that don't even show up! When I don't see you at the meet this Saturday...watch out!

hahahaha

Quick Reply: Sacramento Weekly Meet Discussion (dead meet, but how the SRIC started)