Sacramento Weekly Meet Discussion (dead meet, but how the SRIC started)

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 10:36 AM
Contributing Member

Car Info: 2005 WRX Auto with high hopes :l
Can't wait to see the DSM crowd, always liked Evos!

Last edited by Grimm; 08-31-2006 at 10:39 AM.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:39 AM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Originally Posted by Cohnster
Really, Scott, Kevin, Matt and Ed, you guys are being hypocrits. Minus the videotaping of the car, I've seen everyone do all of those things that Kevin mentioned at the meets, especially revving at the light leaving the shopping center? I mean come on, I've seen that at almost every meet I went to where you guys were there. I can't believe you guys are being so **** about this. AND YOU GUYS DON'T EVEN GO TO THE MEETS! SO why do you care so much about a meet that you don't even go to? Its not your meet anymore as far as I can see from going to the past ones, but you did start it, so most of the credit for starting the meet goes to you. DON'T start making rules to a meet that you guys don't even go to. And trust me, just because one person speeds in a Subaru doesn't mean that ALL cops are going to hunt down Subaru's to ticket them. I really can't believe you guys are saying these things, and I've known you for about a year now, its really surprising.
are you brand new or not even pay attention to what is happening around the sacramento area ?

how many people have you heard about in Hondas just pulled over for driving a Honda?

Do you want the same thing to start happening to us around the meet area?
Old 08-31-2006, 10:39 AM
BanHammer™

Really, Scott, Kevin, Matt and Ed, you guys are being hypocrits. Minus the videotaping of the car, I've seen everyone do all of those things that Kevin mentioned at the meets, especially revving at the light leaving the shopping center? I mean come on, I've seen that at almost every meet I went to where you guys were there. I can't believe you guys are being so **** about this. AND YOU GUYS DON'T EVEN GO TO THE MEETS! SO why do you care so much about a meet that you don't even go to? Its not your meet anymore as far as I can see from going to the past ones, but you did start it, so most of the credit for starting the meet goes to you. DON'T start making rules to a meet that you guys don't even go to. And trust me, just because one person speeds in a Subaru doesn't mean that ALL cops are going to hunt down Subaru's to ticket them. I really can't believe you guys are saying these things, and I've known you for about a year now, its really surprising.
and for the record, I have NEVER rev'ed at the light when I had my STi
Old 08-31-2006, 10:44 AM
BanHammer™

here is the thing guys, you can do whatever you want, its a public place. I am just saying that if you want to keep this spot alive and not worry about cops coming around and start harassing people for driving imports, I would suggest taking our advice and listen to what we have done for the past 2 years to keep this spot cop free

how many other meet spots do you know of that has been around for 2 years ?

name one other meet spot that has NEVER had cops roll through and harass people?

help keep the spot alive
Old 08-31-2006, 10:50 AM
Contributing Member

Damn ninja edits. I'm just reading this and seeing you guys get all bent out of shape over nothing, I edited to retract the hypocrit statement, that was over the line. I never saw you in your STI Scott, but I've seen allot of the regulars revving at the light leaving, and also us speeding VERY fast whenever we went to Matt's house, so fast that I found myself driving beyond my abilities, and all I was doing was trying to keep up because I didn't know how to get there. But I understand where you guys are coming from, I just didn't like how you pushed and pushed on the DSM guy about the video and pushed him out of the meet, which I thought was a bit harsh on your part.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:54 AM
BanHammer™

Damn ninja edits. I'm just reading this and seeing you guys get all bent out of shape over nothing, I edited to retract the hypocrit statement, that was over the line. I never saw you in your STI Scott, but I've seen allot of the regulars revving at the light leaving, and also us speeding VERY fast whenever we went to Matt's house, so fast that I found myself driving beyond my abilities, and all I was doing was trying to keep up because I didn't know how to get there. But I understand where you guys are coming from, I just didn't like how you pushed and pushed on the DSM guy about the video and pushed him out of the meet, which I thought was a bit harsh on your part.
its not over nothing tho. I love the meet and I would prolly be out a lot more if I still had a Subaru, or I would like the option to go back out once I get a new one.

I don't want to see the spot die because of people not understanding how the spot works or how its been alive for 2 years with no problems and cops giving us a bad time
Old 08-31-2006, 10:54 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Originally Posted by my3awds
LOL you guys are halarious. An RX owner accelerates moderatly fast through an open road with no traffic in front of them on a highway, and you all get your panties in a wad! I can understand everyones hate for street racers and the need to keep everyone safe, but don't jump on Justin's case just because he's showing his car off in a video that clearly isn't racing. The next time you guys test drive an STi or any other moderatly fast car, let's HOPE you don't open the TPS and accelerate past 10%, god forbid you might be accelerating to much and hit a crying baby.

And for the ones that think your 'meet' has gone elsewhere, your meet hasnt gone elsewhere...it had just 'gone'. I went there with my Impreza and saw...4 people with Subis, and a long line of hondas opening their trunks showing off their blue lights. If you want to get preachy to anyone, preach to that line of Vtec boys. Sac DSM isnt about street racing so don't get it twisted. The ones from sac dsm that actually made it there didn't charge in there acting like they own the place, and light up all 4's on the way out. Talk to the subi members that actually 'attended' and you'll see that the mitsus that were there aren't a bad group.

Congratulations on showing those trying to help revive your dead meets and making sure the 'door doesn't hit them on the way out'. I guess thats what happens when you guys stop attending your own meet and lurk on your webboards, you become hungry for any excuse to get on your soap box and tell it.
You know what do whatever the **** you want just don't do it around or near any meet spot. You're just handing an invite to the cops asking them to put more patrols out in that area.

So who brought all the hondas and DSM's tell me. hmmm.. I wonder...

So why did the SAC DSM crowd decide to move their meets to our natomas spot? There are many places in sac but they all decided to choose our suby meet spot.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:03 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Originally Posted by Mr. Xevious
its not over nothing tho. I love the meet and I would prolly be out a lot more if I still had a Subaru, or I would like the option to go back out once I get a new one.

I don't want to see the spot die because of people not understanding how the spot works or how its been alive for 2 years with no problems and cops giving us a bad time

If I still lived up in sac, I'd still hit up the saturday meets. Hell I use to go when i was in Tracy. Who do you know goes out from ALLLLL the way over there just to go to hang out.
It's a good meet spot. I just don't want to see if flooded with more cops then are normally there.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:20 AM

Car Info: 87 Subaru RX
Originally Posted by soggynoodles
You know what do whatever the **** you want just don't do it around or near any meet spot. You're just handing an invite to the cops asking them to put more patrols out in that area.

So why did the SAC DSM crowd decide to move their meets to our natomas spot? There are many places in sac but they all decided to choose our suby meet spot.
We were on winding way, we left winding way because of all the car clubs spinning donuts IN THE PARKING LOT. Then we went to roseville. We've been at the galleria for 6 months with ZERO issues. It was just too far of a drive for the members. This is the only reason why we left. I live in downtown sac. We had members attend this meet from elk grove, suisun, and stockton last saturday. Roseville was way too much of a drive for them. We came over here, cuz me and manny have mitsu's and subi's and because we heard you guys were cool and the proximity. We meet later than you guys and the intent isn't to steal your meet, its to add onto it. We're not trying to infiltrate your group or join it. We have our group, you have your group, theres no reason why our 2 groups can't get along, and we did get along last saturday. Once again, it was nice meeting the guys I did meet.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:27 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Hey, Cohn, please point out a time when you saw me rev at a stoplight. EVER. And please also point out a time when you saw me racing with ANY ONE at any time. Please, I beg of you.

I gaurantee you can't think of a single instance. Know why? I don't do that ****.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by soggynoodles
If I still lived up in sac, I'd still hit up the saturday meets. Hell I use to go when i was in Tracy. Who do you know goes out from ALLLLL the way over there just to go to hang out.
It's a good meet spot. I just don't want to see if flooded with more cops then are normally there.
I got there at 7:00 and a squad car came and backed into a space and watched us for about an hour when we were in the wellsfargo lot. We left 1 car at a time in about 15 minute gaps just so they would think we weren't going to street race and also so they wouldn't come over and harass you guys. A cop followed one of our members that had an M3 down truxel and he never even stopped at our meet, he just turned around and went back to elk grove. Not to mention all the other cops circling the lot giving dirty looks. The police presence is already there, we didn't add to it.

Sometimes eventhough you have good intentions, the way that you express yourself can make your intentions be completely lost. The reason I haven't been a jerk about this all is that I can see your good intentions and respect you guys for that. I just ask that you recognize that people aren't going out to this meet with bad intentions. And that you respect us for that. Thats all.

Last edited by ryostyle; 08-31-2006 at 11:32 AM.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:34 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by my3awds
Congratulations on showing those trying to help revive your dead meets and making sure the 'door doesn't hit them on the way out'. I guess thats what happens when you guys stop attending your own meet and lurk on your webboards, you become hungry for any excuse to get on your soap box and tell it.
Thanks for "helping" us when we didn't request it and the making assumptions regarding our reactions when you video taped "normal driving on a casual evening" down Truxel.

The reason the meets aren't around anymore is because most of the original guys, the people who set up the meets, attended regularly and became friends through them, have gotten married and/or had children and we have other obligations on the weekends. Most of us hang out outside of the meets now. The newer guys just don't seem to be in to the meets, so no one really goes. No big.

Seriously though, don't drive like that in my area please. It would be pretty ****ing unfortunate if you hit and injured someone.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:45 AM

Unhappy

Originally Posted by sonicsuby
Thanks for "helping" us when we didn't request it and the making assumptions regarding our reactions when you video taped "normal driving on a casual evening" down Truxel.

The reason the meets aren't around anymore is because most of the original guys, the people who set up the meets, attended regularly and became friends through them, have gotten married and/or had children and we have other obligations on the weekends. Most of us hang out outside of the meets now. The newer guys just don't seem to be in to the meets, so no one really goes. No big.

Seriously though, don't drive like that in my area please. It would be pretty ****ing unfortunate if you hit and injured someone.
Manny wasn't the video taping person. He had left hours before. Don't worry I won't drive 50 in a 40 in your area. And yes it would be very unfortunate if someone got injured. I agree, and appologized already, so the dead horse is beat, tar'd and feather'd, burnt beyond recognition and sent to hell to relive it again. Just to state again, I WILL NOT SPEED THROUGH YOUR AREA........
Old 08-31-2006, 11:47 AM

Car Info: Evo4 and STI Ver6 replicas
Yeah I know Scott, and I realize you guys value your spot. I see where you guys are coming from, it erks me though when people jump on someones case when there is no reason for it. I think if you all really had a problem with Justin's post, just delete his link (even though it definetly was not street racing). You guys are beating a dead horse about street racing which he wasn't doing in the first place. Someone stated its not welcome there intially and that should have been the end of it.

Originally Posted by soggynoodle

No one 'invited' sac dsm to Rally's parking lot which Rally's owns-and-not-I-club. I went there with my Impreza and I just happened to own Sacramento-dsm.com. Are you so pretentious and stuckup about your Subaru and meet spot that others with half a sense aren't welcome? Seriously, thats elitous and immature. I wanted to show the mitsu guys (who talk about as much **** as you all do on mitsus) that even though we have our differences, we can be just as civilized. And cops were already at your valued spot before sac dsm even got there, waiting for someone to do something stupid. Tacobell was canceled because the honda and mustang groups would show up and rev the **** out of thier car. So sacdsm had to flee to Roseville. Roseville was cool but out of the way for alot of the members. Rally's parking lot is big enough for everyone.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:49 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by sonicsuby
Hey, Cohn, please point out a time when you saw me rev at a stoplight. EVER. And please also point out a time when you saw me racing with ANY ONE at any time. Please, I beg of you.

I gaurantee you can't think of a single instance. Know why? I don't do that ****.
I never saw you race with anyone, but that's not what I said. I just remember us speeding fast with everyone else to get to your house, we never street raced though, it was just all of us driving fast behind one another to get to your house (which was above the speed limit mind you). Also, I don't remember you having a non stock exhaust or you revving it. I wasn't naming you either, don't take it that way, I'm not going to name anyone, that's not the point. I didn't rev at the stoplight either, I was always embarassed when you guys did that because we are so near the restaurants where people are eating and such. I'm not implicating anyone, especially you Matt, I was just pointing out that we have done things in the past that don't make our meets look all perfect and pretty to other people.

Last edited by Grimm; 08-31-2006 at 11:52 AM.

Quick Reply: Sacramento Weekly Meet Discussion (dead meet, but how the SRIC started)