Sacramento Weekly Meet Discussion (dead meet, but how the SRIC started)

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 09:12 PM

Car Info: 87 Subaru RX
Originally Posted by soggynoodles
can i ask why?
What, are we not welcome or something?
Old 08-30-2006, 09:27 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by ryostyle
Truxel at the corner.
You guys are bringing exactly the kind of stuff to the Natomas area and meet that we didn't want. I drive with my wife on Truxel and some of our local members drive with their wives and children on these streets. Please don't do test runs up to speed at full gas. The weekly subaru meets were intended to be a meet for friends to hang out, not for video taping high speed or high acceleration runs at midnight in the area of the meet. Doing these kinds of things will only result in unwanted attention for you, your friends, me and the other members in the area, as if cops keep seeing Subarus hauling *** everywhere they'll start keeping a closer eye on everyone and people will start getting nailed for mods and other stuff. There's already enough negative attention in this area due to all the street racing in the Northage area.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but it pisses me off that you guys did that. If you'd like to drive like that, go to Sac Raceway or somewhere else, just not in this area.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:05 PM
MILF Hunter

Car Info: 2005 Legacy GT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPYqtTOYpaY this my rx cruise from later that night around 12, stock boost. I gotta put up a vid at 12psi. Thanks to Brandon the camera man in that fresh galant.

see yeah you guys seemed pretty cool at the meet, but if this ^^^ sorta **** continues, I will no longer be attending. I liked to look at the cars but this crap is a "no no" in my book, so please don't do it again.

TIA
Old 08-30-2006, 10:40 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by sonicsuby
I'm not trying to be a jerk, but it pisses me off that you guys did that. If you'd like to drive like that, go to Sac Raceway or somewhere else, just not in this area.
+1. besides you guys picked the worste interestion in the whole area to do it at... not only do people run that light 3-5 seconds AFTER the red (ive had someone pass behind me making a left into the lot) and theres millions of cops there cause its thug to go to the movies in your primer civic Si
Old 08-30-2006, 10:46 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
What, are we not welcome or something?
I'm asking you. Why did you decide to use natomas as a meet spot on saturdays.

Aren't the DSM meets at the taco bell off of sunrise?
Old 08-30-2006, 10:58 PM

Car Info: 1999 Impreza L
Originally Posted by irrational x
+1. besides you guys picked the worste interestion in the whole area to do it at... not only do people run that light 3-5 seconds AFTER the red (ive had someone pass behind me making a left into the lot) and theres millions of cops there cause its thug to go to the movies in your primer civic Si
W3RD <_< ...
Old 08-31-2006, 08:37 AM

This isn't the light right in front of the meet, this is a few blocks up closer to arco first of all. Second I only got up to 50 cuz I had a boost leak. Third, it wasn't a race, he was just taping. So, I don't know why this is gettin blown outta porportion. No I don't believe in street racing, or wrecklace speeding. Notice you don't hear brandon's car spool up, cuz FYI he ain't goin that fast. So calm down.

Besides, if I damaged my car how long do you think it would take me to find replacement parts for that???? I probably never would and it would be toast and I may have done some stupid things in the past, but I ain't THAT stupid now.

Last edited by ryostyle; 08-31-2006 at 08:41 AM.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:06 AM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
This isn't the light right in front of the meet, this is a few blocks up closer to arco first of all. Second I only got up to 50 cuz I had a boost leak. Third, it wasn't a race, he was just taping. So, I don't know why this is gettin blown outta porportion. No I don't believe in street racing, or wrecklace speeding. Notice you don't hear brandon's car spool up, cuz FYI he ain't goin that fast. So calm down.

Besides, if I damaged my car how long do you think it would take me to find replacement parts for that???? I probably never would and it would be toast and I may have done some stupid things in the past, but I ain't THAT stupid now.
how bout you don't race up and down Truxel and we wont need to calm down.

and we don't care about you wrecking your car. For all I care you can wad it up hitting a tree and I would do a happy dance. what we are pissed off about is what happens when you hit someone else, and other people are injured because you want to make a video of you racing up and down a busy street ?
Old 08-31-2006, 09:21 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by Mr. Xevious

and we don't care about you wrecking your car. For all I care you can wad it up hitting a tree and I would do a happy dance. what we are pissed off about is what happens when you hit someone else, and other people are injured because you want to make a video of you racing up and down a busy street ?
Like this? :banana:
Old 08-31-2006, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Xevious

For that last time it wasn't a race. But you know what, thats fine, I won't show up at your meets anymore. At stock 7 psi with a boost leak, short shifting and just getting into 3rd at 50mph in a 35 (40 i don't know) zone, tell me how it was a race? Think about it, brandon has a 2.4L inline 4 with a greddy 18G Turbo, and i have a stock 1.8L motor set at stock boost. Did you hear me launch? Did you see me roaring past a bunch of cars? Did you see me cut somone off, or slam on my brakes or do anything wrecklace? Once again 50 MPH! I have a massive boost leak and can't even hold boost on my 115 hp motor, which is rated at 85 hp without the turbo.

I don't street race. I have only been to the track once and ran a 15.9 which is subpar. I work on my car for myself. Plus I'm one of the biggest advocates against street racing. Its irresponsible to risk someones life for pride or vanity. Running a street race proves absolutely nothing but the fact you don't have any regard for life. Whether that is somone elses or your own. As far as me wadding my car up on a tree and you doing a happy dance, thats very mature. I see your respect for life is really high. But thank you, I don't wish bad upon you. I actually thought you guys were all cool and enjoyed meeting you guys. But if you want to jump to conclussions about me, when you don't know me, I guess it was my mistake to jump to conclusions about you as well. That being said, its cool I won't be at your meets anymore and like I said before, I wish no bad on you guys. Later.

Last edited by ryostyle; 08-31-2006 at 09:37 AM.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:43 AM
BanHammer™

For that last time it wasn't a race. But you know what, thats fine, I won't show up at your meets anymore. At stock 7 psi with a boost leak, short shifting and just getting into 3rd at 50mph in a 35 (40 i don't know) zone, tell me how it was a race? Think about it, brandon has a 2.4L inline 4 with a greddy 18G Turbo, and i have a stock 1.8L motor set at stock boost. Did you hear me launch? Did you see me roaring past a bunch of cars? Did you see me cut somone off, or slam on my brakes or do anything wrecklace? Once again 50 MPH! I have a massive boost leak and can't even hold boost on my 115 hp motor, which is rated at 85 hp without the turbo.

I don't street race. I have only been to the track once and ran a 15.9 which is subpar. I work on my car for myself. Plus I'm one of the biggest advocates against street racing. Its irresponsible to risk someones life for pride or vanity. Running a street race proves absolutely nothing but the fact you don't have any regard for life. Whether that is somone elses or your own. As far as me wadding my car up on a tree and you doing a happy dance, thats very mature. I see your respect for life is really high. But thank you, I don't wish bad upon you. I actually thought you guys were all cool and enjoyed meeting you guys. But if you want to jump to conclussions about me, when you don't know me, I guess it was my mistake to jump to conclusions about you as well. That being said, its cool I won't be at your meets anymore and like I said before, I wish no bad on you guys. Later.
how the hell can you say you have a high respect for life when you are making videos of you racing up and down a busy street ?

I am not jumping to conclusions, you are the one that gave video evidence of you being a jackass on a public road.

why the hell would you make a video of you guys driving down the road at the speedlimit ?

oh yeah.. don't let the door hit you on the way out
Old 08-31-2006, 09:53 AM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red

It doesn't matter wether what you did can be defined as "racing." What it undoubtedly does is advocate behavior that draws negative attention to our particular group, which we have striven greatly to avoid for years, and have thus far been successful at. It's not that we're judging you for your actions or condemning you as a bad person. It's just that if your goal is to become a part of our small crowd, you need to do as we do and respect what we want happening on saturday evenings at our meet spot. that means ZERO jerking around in your car anywhere near our meet spot. No speeding, no burnouts, no disrespect to other patrons of the shopping cneter, no video cameras in use in moving cars, no loud music, no revving, none of it. You're welcome to come out whenever you like, as long as you respect the rues of behavior we have in place- which so far, we haven't had to spell out and make crystal clear. Please give us enough respect not to argue with us when we say you're displaying behavior we don't approve of. If you don't think there's anything wrong with what you do, that's fine, but we don't want to be associated with it. What you're doing is showing up at a soccer game with football pads on and *****ing because we don't want to play that game.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:12 AM

Car Info: Evo4 and STI Ver6 replicas
LOL you guys are halarious. An RX owner accelerates moderatly fast through an open road with no traffic in front of them on a highway, and you all get your panties in a wad! I can understand everyones hate for street racers and the need to keep everyone safe, but don't jump on Justin's case just because he's showing his car off in a video that clearly isn't racing. The next time you guys test drive an STi or any other moderatly fast car, let's HOPE you don't open the TPS and accelerate past 10%, god forbid you might be accelerating to much and hit a crying baby.

And for the ones that think your 'meet' has gone elsewhere, your meet hasnt gone elsewhere...it had just 'gone'. I went there with my Impreza and saw...4 people with Subis, and a long line of hondas opening their trunks showing off their blue lights. If you want to get preachy to anyone, preach to that line of Vtec boys. Sac DSM isnt about street racing so don't get it twisted. The ones from sac dsm that actually made it there didn't charge in there acting like they own the place, and light up all 4's on the way out. Talk to the subi members that actually 'attended' and you'll see that the mitsus that were there aren't a bad group.

Congratulations on showing those trying to help revive your dead meets and making sure the 'door doesn't hit them on the way out'. I guess thats what happens when you guys stop attending your own meet and lurk on your webboards, you become hungry for any excuse to get on your soap box and tell it.

Last edited by my3awds; 08-31-2006 at 10:14 AM.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:32 AM

I won't let the door hit me on the way out, and I won't speed around the meet. I have respected you guys enough not to throw mud and keep my comments respectful. I'll make you a deal, if i go speeding down truxel, I'll be sure to find the nearest tree and wrap my bumper around it. You guys got your point across, and I agree for the most part, no need to burn me at the stake. But its your board, and your meet so thats up to your discretion. I pulled up to the meet at 5 mph. Parked in a parking space and got out and shook hands and introduced myself. Respected everyone. Talked to everyone. We talked about all the civics looking at us and reving, the burnouts, all the morons. Nobody from sac dsm broke the speed limit in the parking lot or leaving the lot. All the hondas did though. Stayed til about midnight long after all the subi's were gone. And if I offended you by driving too fast on Truxel, a long long long street, well then, I am sorry. Your point is made, can we stop the arguing now? I'm done defending myself. Say what you will, but it won't encourage new people to come to your meet. Once again though, its your board.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:34 AM
BanHammer™

Originally Posted by my3awds
LOL you guys are halarious. An RX owner accelerates moderatly fast through an open road with no traffic in front of them on a highway, and you all get your panties in a wad! I can understand everyones hate for street racers and the need to keep everyone safe, but don't jump on Justin's case just because he's showing his car off in a video that clearly isn't racing. The next time you guys test drive an STi or any other moderatly fast car, let's HOPE you don't open the TPS and accelerate past 10%, god forbid you might be accelerating to much and hit a crying baby.

And for the ones that think your 'meet' has gone elsewhere, your meet hasnt gone elsewhere...it had just 'gone'. I went there with my Impreza and saw...4 people with Subis, and a long line of hondas opening their trunks showing off their blue lights. If you want to get preachy to anyone, preach to that line of Vtec boys. Sac DSM isnt about street racing so don't get it twisted. The ones from sac dsm that actually made it there didn't charge in there acting like they own the place, and light up all 4's on the way out. Talk to the subi members that actually 'attended' and you'll see that the mitsus that were there aren't a bad group.

Congratulations on showing those trying to help revive your dead meets and making sure the 'door doesn't hit them on the way out'. I guess thats what happens when you guys stop attending your own meet and lurk on your webboards, you become hungry for any excuse to get on your soap box and tell it.
Manny,

Its not the problem that we have with new people, I love it when new people come out, and to be honest, I have not been a regular in a long time so I can see your point.

The problem I mainly have is when we get an influx of new people, the mob mentality will surface when you deal with car guys, and people will start trying to show off or race to and from the meet, which is a bad thing.

We have been at this location for a long time, almost 2 years, with NO problems from the cops or management of the business or center. We have always been respectful of other patrons and the property.

I am afraid that this would be the tip of the iceburg when people start making videos of themselves "not racing" and then it all goes down hill from that. Next we will start having people calling each other out and running out to truxel to run at the light.

I have been around imports WAY too long to not see where this is headed. We have always been a like minded group since we were tight nit and all Subaru owners. As soon as you start mixing the car groups, clicks will form and people will feel they have to prove that they are faster then the Hondas, Subarus suck, or that the Mitsubishi EVOs are slow.

I know you know what I am talking about, so please don't pretend that you have not seen this behavior as well. What used to happen at the Taco Bell when the Domestic and JDM kids got together ?

I am all for new people coming out, but if people do not play by the rulebook that we created from the past 2 years of experience, the spot will become a place for cops and CHP to come and bust people for just driving imports.

Quick Reply: Sacramento Weekly Meet Discussion (dead meet, but how the SRIC started)