Sacramento Weekly Meet Discussion (dead meet, but how the SRIC started)

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 06:25 AM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
Originally Posted by Kostamojen
The I-club was also officially sponsored, promoted as THE track day of the year (which it was, as were the LS and IR track days from the previous two years) and discussed alot earlier than 4 months in advance. Besides that, there are several other T-hill track days going on, along with a couple other track days (IR and Fernly) that will weed people out. As much as I WANT people to attend an official track day like that, it just wont happen in that volume. Its more about the money or schedules and just the way these things seem to work... Just like how we have like one or two BIG local meets a year, then everyone seems to disapear... Its always been like that.
I asked Alex to help out and potentially sponsor the event and as usual, he did not reply to my emails or PMs. Hell I still haven't got my refund from Buttonwillow (a fact I am none too happy about). Maybe you can speak to him on our behalf?

All Lance was trying to do in this thread was drum up some more support. You have absolutely no clue what it takes to set something like this up. If you can't go, then I thank you for your consideration. But please keep the nay saying to yourself.

Also, at the meet on 7/10, we had a very large turnout (15-20). I realize you weren't there, so it wasn't that big, but give us a little more credit.
Old 07-21-2004, 06:29 AM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
Originally Posted by sonicsuby
Mike and Lance,

I hate to let you guys down, however this really isn't the right time for me. I'll be up there, but not driving. I hope you guys understand
I didn't expect you to go after our last conversation. Nor did I expect Aaron or Scott (well maybe Scott!) or Josh out there. But I do appreciate your support.

Have you given the kidney thing any more thought?
Old 07-21-2004, 08:24 AM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
Originally Posted by Egan
But give us a little more credit.
I'm more worried about you and lance getting screwed money wise than anything else. As Aaron said, there are Norcal track ****** around here, but there are about 20 regulars. If this was like an autocross, or a drag day, you could easily double or tripple the amount of people who would attend. I would only expect 30 at most to sign up given the situation, which means you still need another 20-25 non-scoobs to show up... I think you should start advertising soon with non-scoob people to try to get some more people to come along so you dont end up eating it on the reservation...
Old 07-21-2004, 09:03 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '94 SVX, '02 WRX
Lance, Mike... I feel your pain! We're still trying to get the minimum 30 people out for our event at RF! (We still need about 10 people for Aug 29th!) I'd love to commit to the TH day... but since it's on a Monday, that really puts the reins on me since I just took a new position at work, and I don't know what the work load will be like then. If I can get the time off work, I'll be there...
Old 07-21-2004, 10:30 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
as much as i'd love to slap on some good pads, get some 17's with good tires, and come out to a track day, i probably will never do that. my car was never meant to be on a track. i didn't buy it with that thought, i didn't modify it with that thought, and i don't have the money to support that kind of hobby. also, it's my only car so it absolutely HAS to fire up every morning and get me to work.

with that said, i'll probably end up coming out there at least once when i get some good brakes and a wheel/tire upgrade.
Old 07-21-2004, 04:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02Wag on 17's
Originally Posted by RussB
as much as i'd love to slap on some good pads, get some 17's with good tires, and come out to a track day, i probably will never do that. my car was never meant to be on a track. i didn't buy it with that thought, i didn't modify it with that thought, and i don't have the money to support that kind of hobby. also, it's my only car so it absolutely HAS to fire up every morning and get me to work.

with that said, i'll probably end up coming out there at least once when i get some good brakes and a wheel/tire upgrade.
RussB,

All you have to do is come once and drive. It doesn't have to turn into a "hoby". Just guys and girls having fun like on sprited mountain road driving. It's not a race and you just go at you own pace mang.

Just a day of fun for about $200.00...that's only $3.27/day for the month of Aug. & Sept. that you would have to save. Starbucks cost more than that!

LB
Old 07-21-2004, 04:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
it would become a hobby. and i don't drink starbucks
Old 07-21-2004, 11:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Rust and Salt
Pathetic! Where have all the postwhores gone?!
Old 07-21-2004, 11:31 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
pathetic sleeping postwhores
Old 07-22-2004, 01:23 AM
Mrs. Scott

Hey, who are the Reno guys on here I have a question for them
Old 07-22-2004, 03:07 AM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Origami posted by kidatari
Where have all the postwhores gone?!
Wasn't that some sort of folk song in the '60s?

Sorry, I know that's before your time...

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 07-22-2004, 03:27 AM
Mrs. Scott

Hello..........WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-22-2004, 03:59 AM
Mrs. Scott

You boys suck.....It is like you are all old and can not stay up this late :P

I guess I should get 4 hours of sleep before my class............
Old 07-22-2004, 04:15 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by StarsNlights
You boys suck.....It is like you are all old and can not stay up this late :P

I guess I should get 4 hours of sleep before my class............
you're gonna get in trouble for being awake so late
Old 07-22-2004, 05:05 AM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Car Info: 97 LOB, 05 FXT, 03 Tundra
Some of us have to work this *early*

*grumble*

Quick Reply: Sacramento Weekly Meet Discussion (dead meet, but how the SRIC started)