Sacramento Weekly Meet Discussion (dead meet, but how the SRIC started)

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 08:41 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Originally Posted by Kostamojen
http://www.hbo.com/alig/

Oh and if you can spare $200 Ill sign up for the track day

There is a reason why the other three major Subaru track days took like a year in advance to plan and only one of the 3 actually ended up being 100% Subaru exclusive
The i-club track day got over 50 Subarus on the track, more than 4 hours away, with barely 4 months of notice and 5 weeks of "planning." There is no reason not to expect a similar number of participants at Thunder Hill, other than people who want to downplay the possibility.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:03 PM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Car Info: 97 LOB, 05 FXT, 03 Tundra
I'll be there, but tracking is an unknown. Red wagon is a possibility, though I'd probably be more comfortable in my regular beast as the new/old wagon isn't as familiar to me right now

I can't commit ATM though.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:17 PM

Car Info: 2004 Sti
Hey guys, I didn't speak up sooner, but I really want to make the TH track day. However the timing is a little tough for me, so I will not know for sure until about a month prior. I'm gonna do what I can to make it though, I've still never driven that track, and have heard nothing but great things. You can put me down for 60% in, for what it's worth.

Matt (in Reno)
Old 07-20-2004, 09:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
still no axxis ultimates for '03 wrx's. they've been out for '02 forever.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:57 PM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
http://www.hbo.com/alig/

Oh and if you can spare $200 Ill sign up for the track day

There is a reason why the other three major Subaru track days took like a year in advance to plan and only one of the 3 actually ended up being 100% Subaru exclusive
The Date is Already RESERVED

There is no planning that needs to be done other than having people say they will be there. Food, drink, track rental, flag workers, ambulance, insurance, staff, instructors, and tow truck are already setup. All people have to do is say yes. Alex had to work much harder on the Buttonwillow thing setting up insurance and a rental agreement with the track. I thought people would jump at the chance to have an exclusive day at a reasonable cost at an awesome track.

We'll just go ahead and set things up as a semi exclusive day with sponsors and a discount and when the inevitable happens and people ***** about not having any spots left I'll tell them they can try and plan it next time.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:58 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ me venting
Old 07-20-2004, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by LagnWagn
Hey guys, I didn't speak up sooner, but I really want to make the TH track day. However the timing is a little tough for me, so I will not know for sure until about a month prior. I'm gonna do what I can to make it though, I've still never driven that track, and have heard nothing but great things. You can put me down for 60% in, for what it's worth.

Matt (in Reno)
Lance and I have to put a deposit down on 7/31 to hold the date. As long as we are close to 55, we'll go ahead and do that, figuring on a few late comers. But if we're still 20+ cars short, we can't take the risk. In that case we'll setup a semi-exclusive thing and the slots will be first come first serve. Unlimitedlaps fills up fast because of all of the regulars, so we'll see how many subies we actually get.
Old 07-20-2004, 10:51 PM

Car Info: 2003 silver WRX
I want to go Mike but I will not know if I can do it untill late Aug/early Sept. I just spent my extra spending money on a ticket to to the BIG island!
Old 07-20-2004, 11:05 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX/05 Legacy
The i-club track day got over 50 Subarus on the track, more than 4 hours away, with barely 4 months of notice and 5 weeks of "planning." There is no reason not to expect a similar number of participants at Thunder Hill, other than people who want to downplay the possibility.
There were SoCal folks at that events though ...
Who wants to convince them to drive all the way up here?
Old 07-20-2004, 11:13 PM

T H is a great track to drive and there are hardly no walls to hit! Important if you have the "fear of the wall" thing going for you. I don't see why you could not get enough people from bay area all the way to Reno to go. I personaly love T H .... I still think it would be cool Mike if we could get the PCA out there to do a shared track event with the Subarus. That would be interesting.
Old 07-20-2004, 11:16 PM

Dear Nicole,
We are very pleased that you will be participating in The Ultimate DriveŽ for the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.

Your reservation for this worthwhile cause is confirmed for the following:

Nicole Del Carlo
Event Date: August 11, 2004
2020 Fulton Ave
Sacramento, CA 95825

Reservation 1: 12:00PM - Z4 3.0i
Reservation 2: 10:00AM -330Ci convertible
Confirmation Number 1: KEGN0024286VH1
Confirmation Number 2: KEGN0024286VH2

LOOK what I get to DRIVE You all should sign up.
Old 07-20-2004, 11:30 PM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
The I-club was also officially sponsored, promoted as THE track day of the year (which it was, as were the LS and IR track days from the previous two years) and discussed alot earlier than 4 months in advance. Besides that, there are several other T-hill track days going on, along with a couple other track days (IR and Fernly) that will weed people out. As much as I WANT people to attend an official track day like that, it just wont happen in that volume. Its more about the money or schedules and just the way these things seem to work... Just like how we have like one or two BIG local meets a year, then everyone seems to disapear... Its always been like that.

Last edited by Kostamojen; 07-20-2004 at 11:34 PM.
Old 07-20-2004, 11:47 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Rust and Salt
Damnit, I'd love to run TH, but I don't want to run the RS on the track again.
Old 07-21-2004, 01:12 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Mike and Lance,

I hate to let you guys down, however this really isn't the right time for me. I'll be up there, but not driving. I hope you guys understand
Old 07-21-2004, 06:05 AM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Car Info: 97 LOB, 05 FXT, 03 Tundra
The I-club was also officially sponsored, promoted as THE track day of the year (which it was, as were the LS and IR track days from the previous two years) and discussed alot earlier than 4 months in advance. Besides that, there are several other T-hill track days going on, along with a couple other track days (IR and Fernly) that will weed people out. As much as I WANT people to attend an official track day like that, it just wont happen in that volume. Its more about the money or schedules and just the way these things seem to work... Just like how we have like one or two BIG local meets a year, then everyone seems to disapear... Its always been like that.

But most of the track ****** are Norcal guys, and I for one appreciate the effort Mike and Lance are putting in here and hope it works out well, instead of just trying to point out faults in a plan without offering any constructive responses.

I don't have any cars right now that are really set up for track (I need to redo the suspension on my black car, and don't have the other wagon yet) but I'll still be there, and will still chip in money (especially to help with the deposit) if it's necessary, since I'll still bum rides with people.

Fernley isn't going to weed people out, as it's almost two months prior to this event, and Thunderhiil is a known commodity that people can count on as a positive experience.

And we have pretty big local meets on a regular basis. Hell, we've had 20-30 people regularly during the winter months at our weekly meets, and those aren't even anything special.

Almost everybody at Buttonwillow drove down from NorCal, it required multiple days off work, and wasn't an option for many. Our local guys are trying their best to provide an event just as, if not more, complete as that experience, on a better track, and in a location that should work for a lot more people......

I know this is our ***** thread and all, but try to be a bit more positive, eh?
Jesus.

Last edited by sybir; 07-21-2004 at 06:07 AM.

Quick Reply: Sacramento Weekly Meet Discussion (dead meet, but how the SRIC started)