Sacramento Weekly Meet Discussion (dead meet, but how the SRIC started)

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 10:19 PM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
Originally posted by THAWA
what do you mean?
Which part, the rushing or the weapons purchasing?
Old 03-14-2004, 10:20 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
are you wearing that cowboy hat at nightclubs? if not, maybe you should start.
Old 03-14-2004, 10:29 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
I haven't worn it to a club (yet), but I did wear it to a few parties back in college.
Old 03-14-2004, 11:02 PM
VIP Member

Originally posted by Kostamojen
Which part, the rushing or the weapons purchasing?
weapon, but un, you can just hit the rebuy button, when the round starts press "b r" by default
Old 03-14-2004, 11:25 PM
NASIOC Slut

weapon, but un, you can just hit the rebuy button, when the round starts press "b r" by default
I mean like make different setups, so that you can have a starting setup hotkey for $800, a hotkey for $2000, $4000, $8000, etc. so you dont have to worry about the low amounts of cash causing you to sit in buying mode?
Old 03-14-2004, 11:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
I've never heard of it, but that doesn't mean its possible. Almost every player I've seen has the menus memorized so that they can always get what they want, very fast.

b82b42 (terrorist) or
b82b43 (counter terrorist)

gives you full armor and an AK or a colt, depending on which side you are on.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:35 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '94 SVX, '02 WRX
Originally posted by nKoan
I've never heard of it, but that doesn't mean its possible. Almost every player I've seen has the menus memorized so that they can always get what they want, very fast.

b82b42 (terrorist) or
b82b43 (counter terrorist)

gives you full armor and an AK or a colt, depending on which side you are on.
It can also be done w/ scripts. Read up at www.counter-strike.net The config files can be edited to do most anything... even to the point of pseudo-cheating, like having your pri and sec weapons constantly switch while you run so you don't make footstep noises.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:58 AM
NASIOC Slut

What are the better weapons? Ive noticed alot seem to suck because you cant hit squat with any sort of extended rate of fire... One of the low-fire rate SMG's seems to be ok, but the heavy machine gun is totally worthless aparently.

I was trying out the Day of Defeat, and that seems to have more even, interesting weapons... Seems like a cross between Wolfeinstein and Americas Army in terms of gameplay.

Im going to go back on the seccs server and run around some more.
Old 03-15-2004, 06:21 AM

Car Info: 2002 Impreza 2.5 RS Midnight Black Pearl
Originally posted by Kostamojen
What are the better weapons? Ive noticed alot seem to suck because you cant hit squat with any sort of extended rate of fire... One of the low-fire rate SMG's seems to be ok, but the heavy machine gun is totally worthless aparently.

I was trying out the Day of Defeat, and that seems to have more even, interesting weapons... Seems like a cross between Wolfeinstein and Americas Army in terms of gameplay.

Im going to go back on the seccs server and run around some more.
Alright...from someone who does play CS...here are some tips.

1st thing. learn to CROUCH when you shoot, you can do longer more accurate bursts when u crouch.

AK: Powerful, but must be used in bursts (2-3 shots).

M1 Colt: Less recoil thank AK (can do longer bursts), but less powerful.

MP5 is probly the best SMG.

Watch out for AWPers (the one-shot kill sniper weapon)

Dont buy a sniper weapon unless you know how to use it or are trying to learn.

The machine gun is useless for extended fire, but its actually pretty accurate for the first/second shots.

Shoot THOUGH WALLS. If you know someone is on the other side of a thin wall, shoot them though it. Only the larger weapons can do this tho (AK, Colt, Machine gun, AWP, ect...)

And last but not least, dont be a noob...learn to diffuse the bomb and rescue hostages. ("USE" is the key to hit to get a hostage, or hold it over a bomb to diffuse it)
Old 03-15-2004, 06:39 AM
VIP Member

yeah like sperry said you can use scripts to do it, and it's not very hard.

As far as what guns to chose, I prefere the deagle to any other gun. Simply because the aim isnt terrible, and it does some good damage. I used to be a pro with it, but that was about a month ago. There's nothing better than taking out AWPers with a pistol. Or running around and getting a HS on people when they have a colt, and them telling you you're a haxxor. It was awesome, but yeah.

just to add to what ddman said, the best aim you will have is when crouching, standing still is decent and running is bad, but running and jumping is worse. Most everygun will have to be fired in bursts, there are some excepetions like the mp5 which if you don't spray for dear life you wont make much dmg. Shooting through walls is awesome. I love to see someone run behind a box and sneak right to the other side and shoot em

If you're a CT on a defuse map, and you didn't buy a defuse kit you need to switch to the T's. there is no reason to not have a kit since they only cost $200 and cut your defuse time down from 10 secs to 5 secs.

You should learn to use all the grenades efectively, throw flashes where you know peopel are or will be esp if you're battling it 1v1 nades(he grenades) should be used only for light damage, never in the intent to kill someone. Not that you can't it's just way harder to. And smoke should be used when you need cover like through the double doors on many maps.

Whenever you don't know where anyone else is, walk until you either see or hear someone, when you run you're giving away your position and are an easy kill.

Anyway good luck
Old 03-15-2004, 09:03 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
grenades should be used only for light damage, never in the intent to kill someone. Not that you can't it's just way harder to.
I love using grenades. That's the most fun part of the game for me. I've gotten multiple kills that way
Old 03-15-2004, 10:57 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '94 SVX, '02 WRX
Originally posted by sonicsuby
I love using grenades. That's the most fun part of the game for me. I've gotten multiple kills that way
Yeah, but Kevin is the grenade master (or so he things)... I see him running around w/ one cocked in his arm all the time.... then he sees an enemy, chucks the gren and proceded to get capped by the guy he saw.

Kevin... time to start tossing the grens where you think and enemy is, not actually waiting to see them. If you see an enemy while you have a grenade out, you're dead. Plus, the grenade rarely kills... whereas the AK owns all.

Just shoot 'em in the head.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:43 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
/me jots down all these tips

lol
Old 03-15-2004, 12:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally posted by sperry
Yeah, but Kevin is the grenade master (or so he things)... I see him running around w/ one cocked in his arm all the time.... then he sees an enemy, chucks the gren and proceded to get capped by the guy he saw.

Kevin... time to start tossing the grens where you think and enemy is, not actually waiting to see them. If you see an enemy while you have a grenade out, you're dead. Plus, the grenade rarely kills... whereas the AK owns all.

Just shoot 'em in the head.

I shoot and then hide real quick. Then I toss a grenade, wait till it pops and I come out running. Usually nets me a kill. A few nights ago a guy shot at me while I was recuing hosties (on cs_backalley). I ducked behind a wall, hurled a grenade around, heard it blast and looked up - took out three guys and I only thought one was there.
OWNED
Old 03-15-2004, 01:17 PM
NASIOC Slut

Grenades I dont have a problem with, althouh in CS the graphics for the Grenades SUCK because the perspective is all wrong (they look freakin huge when you throw them, like 5x larger then they should be) and its hard to tell exactly how far away they are.

Its too bad you cant air burst them like in AA... Thats good stuff

Quick Reply: Sacramento Weekly Meet Discussion (dead meet, but how the SRIC started)