Elk grove meet!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 02:59 PM
The Good Wife

Car Info: 2010 Subaru WRX
Originally Posted by z0rz
Also, just because we've had the meets at the same spot for months doesn't mean everyone in the world knows this. If someone new wanted to come to the meet yesterday, they would have had to search through pages and pages of garbage to find the location. We haven't been updating the OP of this thread, so I had been posting up info with a map of where we park and whatnot.
I think this is the key. Especially for a thread this long. Keeping that OP updated will at least be a good point of reference for those just checking in and seeing an updated date.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:27 PM

Car Info: "Shadow"
I think all your ideas are very good, but people have to at least post that they're going on the EG meet thread so others know who's coming for sure, i don't know about y'all but i use that to gauge how it's gonna turn out. It's the simplest & easiest way to find out, & i agree that the current info should be updated on the OP. Maybe we should start a brand new EG meet thread from scratch, keep it nice & organized by one person. Imho Boba Tea House has been the perfect spot, but if there's other good drink places then get a list going. Just like Jeff said, most people don't eat much so drink/dessert places are the best option. But wherever we go, we gotta think about the parking situation too, that's why our current location is so good, parking lot is hidden from the main street (secluded). It's been overrun by another meet lately though so it might be time to move. Idk, first & foremost everyone that has been attending in the past needs to have the passion to show up, meets are suppose to be fun & chill, especially during the summertime. Let's get it going again fellas, let me hear your thoughts & concerns.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:58 PM
The Good Wife

Car Info: 2010 Subaru WRX
The point about keeping the thread current means they don't HAVE to post to say they are coming. Sometimes people just check the forum, then show up.

There needs to be an organizer. For Sac meets we all know it is Thomas. For Elk Grove, I can only guess it's STiWRX06, if not, someone needs to step up to the plate for this to work as well as grow. The organizer then has to display a commitment by being there for just about every meet. They are the organizer, they need to take ownership of it. Also there needs to be some kind of confidence given to others so that those that want to attend know that "so-and-so" will at least be there.

I could write books on car meet planning & organization as well as what works and what doesn't, but the biggest thing that needs to happen, is someone needs to step up, and be THE MAN (or girl for those 4 that lurk this forum).
Old 07-26-2011, 06:27 PM
Stacheless Cholo

Car Info: 2005 STi
So who wants to be the organizer?
Old 07-26-2011, 07:15 PM

Car Info: wrx wagon/2.5rs
I've suggested moving the meet every time and there were a few people that wanted to keep it at one spot. To far, I don't like that, no money, no parking, not secluded enough..ect, ect...

I don't mind updating original post..sorry I lag. But it seems that everyone that went to the meet wanted to keep it at boba tea house. Someone could start a new thread if they please, that has more time to.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:25 PM

Car Info: 02 PSM Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by lzykid4life
I've suggested moving the meet every time and there were a few people that wanted to keep it at one spot. To far, I don't like that, no money, no parking, not secluded enough..ect, ect...

I don't mind updating original post..sorry I lag. But it seems that everyone that went to the meet wanted to keep it at boba tea house. Someone could start a new thread if they please, that has more time to.
Theres nothing wrong with the location I think its better to have a different place each time instead of always the same thing. Same things gets boring and old you know :/ but of course I cant even make it to the meets so what do I have to say :[
Old 07-26-2011, 10:48 PM

Car Info: 2006 CGM Impreza WRX/ 1998 RBP Impreza 2.5RS
Yeah, back when I lived in sac I tried to organize the meets as much as possible but **** kinda fell apart. Either Phil or Jeff should manage it imo. Maybe we can have an admin change control of the post or somethin.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:28 PM

Car Info: 7 Series "Sport"
I'm just going to reiterate... You might have more luck with some of the more mature crowd if the attitude online matched the supposedly "chill" meets.. When you start reading posts about ripping up the streets surrounding the meet and revving on other cars while cruising - it sort of spoils the mood... EGPD is 99% traffic.. It only takes one idiot to ruin a goodmeet for everyone.. This is also why moving the meet spot around is useful... Show up in one spot too many times and PD will come a knocking.... I've had two dates with a state referee for these reasons...

(can't tell if wall of text - on iPhone)
Old 07-27-2011, 01:21 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
As an outsider looking in... I have no idea where or when this meet is. The title of the thread is "Elk Grove Meet" That doesn't give me any info other than that there is a meet in Elk Grove.

You don't need to keep changing locations for a meet to be successful. In fact any given meet will be stronger if it stays in one chill spot. You guys need to find a nice spot that is relatively tucked away and has some amenities. All of the successful meets that I have been to and go to have these traits.

If you guys seriously want a proper meet, ditch this thread and make a new one. In the title and first post, put in as much info about the place and time as possible. You don't need a person to be running the show as long as the thread gets bumped so people see it and get reminded.

Here are some examples of some strong meets;

Official: WED Night Va-Jay-Jay Statue Meet 9pm

Official: VALLEJO STARBUCKS MEET, Tuesdays @ 5:30 PM

Official RS meet every sat 8pm @ starbucks gellert daly city

WINGSTOP MEET on CURTNER friday nights

In fact the South Bay Friday night meet has moved about a bit because of police enforcement... It was originally, Friday Night BLOSSOM HILL In-N-Out (Official Thread), then it became, Friday Night WING STOP meet with 100% more wings and 50% less cops! (Official Thread), and now it is the WINGSTOP MEET on CURTNER friday nights.

Not trying to be a dick or anything, just pointing out some tips and tricks.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:28 PM

Car Info: 2015 FXT
too bad the parking sucks at the wing stop in EG or else that would be an awesome place to meet sometimes. not that i've been to any, but just a suggestion
Old 07-27-2011, 06:21 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
It's not just Wingstop that does it though. Yeah a lot of people like Wingstop, but most Winstop locations are next to other eateries. For example, next door to the Curtner Wingstop there is a Five Guys, Jamba Juice, Chevy's, and a froyo place. So there is a lot of variety.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:25 PM

I still like the Target parking lot on the corner of Laguna Blvd. just a suggestion if they ever decide on anything.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:19 PM

Car Info: 2006 CGM Impreza WRX/ 1998 RBP Impreza 2.5RS
We've gone there before for L&L BBQ and the parking there was perfect in between borders and Osh. And now that borders is closing there should be more parking.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by azer408
We've gone there before for L&L BBQ and the parking there was perfect in between borders and Osh. And now that borders is closing there should be more parking.
I think this should be a next location cos its like in the mid between south sac and elk grove (IMO)
Old 07-28-2011, 04:12 PM

Car Info: 02 WRB WRX Sedan
Originally Posted by Bouncer
I'm just going to reiterate... You might have more luck with some of the more mature crowd if the attitude online matched the supposedly "chill" meets.. When you start reading posts about ripping up the streets surrounding the meet and revving on other cars while cruising - it sort of spoils the mood... EGPD is 99% traffic.. It only takes one idiot to ruin a goodmeet for everyone.. This is also why moving the meet spot around is useful... Show up in one spot too many times and PD will come a knocking.... I've had two dates with a state referee for these reasons...

(can't tell if wall of text - on iPhone)
I'm just going to reiterate too... I know you haven't been to the meets and probably don't want to, which is completely understandable, but there's a reason some of us are so quick to defend the meets. Despite what goes on in certain threads, the meets really ARE "chill" and mature. I completely understand where you're coming from though and appreciate the input.

From what I've personally seen (after the meet, following people up EG Blvd to the freeway and ON the freeway), everyone from the meet has been responsible and safe on the road. I haven't seen a single person try to race anyone else or "show off" (aside from the occasional exhaust display, which has been mild but stupid nonetheless). Even so, I understand that responsible meets can still be subject to police attention, but that is the risk one takes for driving a modded, flashy import car. We've basically done everything we can do to avoid negative attention.

Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
As an outsider looking in... I have no idea where or when this meet is. The title of the thread is "Elk Grove Meet" That doesn't give me any info other than that there is a meet in Elk Grove.

You don't need to keep changing locations for a meet to be successful. In fact any given meet will be stronger if it stays in one chill spot. You guys need to find a nice spot that is relatively tucked away and has some amenities. All of the successful meets that I have been to and go to have these traits.

If you guys seriously want a proper meet, ditch this thread and make a new one. In the title and first post, put in as much info about the place and time as possible. You don't need a person to be running the show as long as the thread gets bumped so people see it and get reminded.
I completely agree with all of this. Changing meet locations isn't a bad idea by any means, but we actually had the most "success" when we stayed at the current location. We just need more public input on the matter. Let's say 5 people are really vocal about wanting to stay at Boba, while 20 quiet people want to mix it up-- we're probably just gonna stay at Boba since we aren't getting enough input. It's hard, but it would be nice to entertain as many people as possible, which only happens if people get on the forum and do what forums are made for!

And yeah, I really think we need to start a new thread for this meet. Who wants to start it? If anything, the OP just needs to be checking the forums often enough to keep up with everything going on. I'll do it if nobody else wants to.

Quick Reply: Elk grove meet!!