Tuesdays, 8pm Union City Krispy Kreme (UCKK Meet)

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 12:59 PM

Car Info: '08 FSXT (Aspen White)
Originally Posted by kspek
pics of the LGT spec b with the cleared headlight?
Here are a couple that I have;

-Mike-
Old 06-15-2006, 03:10 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 04 STi
I haven't checked my photos yet, but I'll post them if they're not blurry. I decided to go hand held laziness on Tuesday.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:00 PM

Car Info: BLUE 2002 Suburu WRX Sittin On Gun Metal Rimz
Originally Posted by CreoWRX
Here are a couple that I have;

-Mike-
Looks Like An Audi Does'nt it? Yeah, I shoulda been there to get a closer look.... Are ya gonna be there next week?
Old 06-15-2006, 04:09 PM

Does anyone know if there is a Wide Body Kit for an 02 WRX?
Old 06-15-2006, 04:14 PM

Car Info: '08 FSXT (Aspen White)
Originally Posted by critical
Are ya gonna be there next week?
Most likely not. It's a far drive from S.F... I'll post up the next time I'm going. I'll definitely be at Mt. Hammy though.

-Mike-
Old 06-15-2006, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by CreoWRX
Most likely not. It's a far drive from S.F... I'll post up the next time I'm going. I'll definitely be at Mt. Hammy though.

-Mike-
I keep on hearing about this Mt. Hammy thing... Where exactly is that? and i hear its a long drive... Do you guys go Cruising or something or is it just a long drive to get to the meet?
Old 06-15-2006, 04:20 PM

Are there Such meets where the whole Group goes Cruising cause Last year I saw like 15-20 WRx/STi 's Driving by near Market Street in downtown San jose. THAT WAS SOO COOL... Although it attracted alot of attention.... Wonder what the cops were thinkin.. hahahha

Do Those Meets still exsist?
Old 06-15-2006, 09:01 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
I keep on hearing about this Mt. Hammy thing... Where exactly is that? and i hear its a long drive... Do you guys go Cruising or something or is it just a long drive to get to the meet?
check the stickies @ the top of the bay area forum
Old 06-15-2006, 10:25 PM

Car Info: MY05RS, MY70914, and MY10VT1300CS
Does anyone know if there is a Wide Body Kit for an 02 WRX?

Most likely there are., But they'll probably require cutting most of your old Quarter Panels off and replacing your fenders entirely. Me on the other hand? I would do it all using the stuff that's on the car. Cut the quarters on the body line, stretch 2 or 3 inches, re weld, do the same to the fronts.... and your set. Bondo Bondo Bondo, prime prime prime, Paint, buff TA DA Wide Body WRX

I did something similar on my porsche i'm restoring. flared the quarters and got 1 1/2 inches of clearance for the wheels.... WoOt!
Old 06-16-2006, 08:17 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Won't be there this week. I'll see you guys next week.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by UgLiEz
Most likely there are., But they'll probably require cutting most of your old Quarter Panels off and replacing your fenders entirely. Me on the other hand? I would do it all using the stuff that's on the car. Cut the quarters on the body line, stretch 2 or 3 inches, re weld, do the same to the fronts.... and your set. Bondo Bondo Bondo, prime prime prime, Paint, buff TA DA Wide Body WRX

I did something similar on my porsche i'm restoring. flared the quarters and got 1 1/2 inches of clearance for the wheels.... WoOt!
Do you think i can get that done fir under 3K? What about the Wheels... what would i need to get them to flare out as well.. is there a kit for that? I dont want a wide kit with my wheels all sunken in..... You seem to know alot about this,,,, Let me know...I'm trying to get it done by the end of the summer if possible.... ( Would it be legal- would cops harrass me?)
Old 06-16-2006, 05:27 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Won't be there this week. I'll see you guys next week.
ok, i'll go in that case in order to collect shirt money if people want to buy.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:24 PM

Do you think i can get that done fir under 3K? What about the Wheels... what would i need to get them to flare out as well.. is there a kit for that? I dont want a wide kit with my wheels all sunken in..... You seem to know alot about this,,,, Let me know...I'm trying to get it done by the end of the summer if possible.... ( Would it be legal- would cops harrass me?)
Wow, 3 grand? A shop might be able to do that for you. Now the problem with the wheels is that it's a matter of axle length and redesigning the suspension ( at least i'm sure about the axels) And you would have to run a different offset.

besically to flare you would cut along the body line. like where the stock flare is at the farthest point. Cut along that line. You'd have to cut the door as the stock flare goes about 50-60% into the rear. Then pull it out to your desired width. trace the whole, have a peice of stock thickness steel cut to those dimensions and re-weld.

Search "fender flares" or "flaring fenders" on google andf you'll see how different people do it. Everyone has their own way. It's gonna cost alot wherever you go. Just the body/paint alone is most likely gonna come close if not exceed 3,000. The your talking about new wheels, maybe suspension.

In my opinion, as a guy who does this kinda stuff, don't do it.

Oh yea, you might need to get a whole new front and rear bumper set too.... depends on how wide you flare it, the flares will change the size of the wheel wells and the bumper will end up too short.

Good luck man,

-Matt

oh and you might get harassed, but there will be nothing illegal on your car to warrant a ticket. If they do then that means all custom cars would be illegal, and that will never fly.

Last edited by UgLiEz; 06-17-2006 at 10:26 PM.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:28 PM

Oh yea, I'm picking up my WRX hood on monday, and my cusco lip tuesday morning!!! WoOt! I LOVE FREE PARTS!!!
Old 06-20-2006, 11:56 AM

Car Info: 05 EVO MR
are people meeting up tonight? i think ill stop by if so

Quick Reply: Tuesdays, 8pm Union City Krispy Kreme (UCKK Meet)