Tuesdays, 8pm Union City Krispy Kreme (UCKK Meet)

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 05:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1993 Impreza L sedan. USED TO BE a 2004 WRX sedan.
Originally Posted by pdepres
No problem Nick, sorry I couldn't accomodate you. I'll try and make it out tomorrow for ya.

And as for the meet, man, what a show of hospitality. I used to into the subie community a fews years ago from my vishnu days. My friend (who didnt drive his wrx) and I showed up with my S2000 and no one showed me the time of day. Everyone stayed to their own clicks and didnt even bother to say Hi. A few ppl looked at the car, but didn't say anything to me, maybe they didn't realize it was mine. I tried talking to a few ppl who seemed somewhat nice, other than that, no love for me. Well, we could only take so much of the no-love, so we went to go get food shortly there-after. haha.

To whoever comes out tomorrow on Thur, I'll see ya then
Did you follow them off the freeway or something? Maybe you scared them? :rotfl:
Old 05-17-2006, 05:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by herrjr
^^Cool dude. See y'all tomorrow night, sporting my new Ti catback.
How did that work out anyway? I still haven't made it to UCKK, maybe next week. My car is getting aligned Friday so maybe I will show up for once.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Imprezzy
What the heck's with these pity trip posts on this thread? It didn't bother me at first, but some people are making us out to be a buncha arseholes or something.
By trip post, I hope you dont mean me. Im just trying to meet new people and put names and faces to the people on the board. I never said anything about people out here.
-nick
Old 05-17-2006, 09:56 PM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
Originally Posted by redline8k
By trip post, I hope you dont mean me. Im just trying to meet new people and put names and faces to the people on the board. I never said anything about people out here.
-nick
Nah, I didn't even see what you posted. Let me clarify just a bit. It just sorta bugs me from time to time in a thread about a weekly meet when people make it out to seem as if people at the meet should stop what they're doing and roll out the red carpet for them or something and they made no mention of walking up to anyone to say hi. Hey, if I insulted you, I apologize. I'm not pointing fingers specifically, it's just there's someone at random every other week who'll post something like, "I showed up and everyone just stood there and said nothing to me." and that's it. It's not like anyone openly dissed them or anything. It's just that no one said anything to each other, but no one's going to say "hi" if the new guy doesn't initiate conversation.

For future reference to anyone who's going to complain about no one saying anything to them as soon as they got out of the car. Ask yourself, did you bother to walk up to anyone to say hi or initiate conversation? If not, then hit delete before hitting the post button, come back the next week, and try again. You might have a more pleasant experience. =)

Last edited by Hollandaze; 05-17-2006 at 10:05 PM.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:19 PM

no insult taked, I understand what you are saying. pdepres did go out of his way to contact me and he doesnt have a suby anymore. In chicago we had a great thing going on our meet days we had the viper, supra, mr2, and other clubs in one parking lot. We had 100+ cars some nights and we all got along until....some ricers cames and put some kid in the hospital over some internet fight. I guess what the point is we are all car guys and we all have the same interests.
-nick
Old 05-17-2006, 10:27 PM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
Originally Posted by redline8k
no insult taked, I understand what you are saying. pdepres did go out of his way to contact me and he doesnt have a suby anymore. In chicago we had a great thing going on our meet days we had the viper, supra, mr2, and other clubs in one parking lot. We had 100+ cars some nights and we all got along until....some ricers cames and put some kid in the hospital over some internet fight. I guess what the point is we are all car guys and we all have the same interests.
-nick
Yea, I agree. That's why I feel there shouldn't be a problem just walking up to anyone at a meet like that and saying "hi". We all share a common interest here and are at a meet to socialize, not stand around, you know?
Old 05-17-2006, 11:52 PM

Car Info: 05' S2000
Originally Posted by Imprezzy
Yea, I agree. That's why I feel there shouldn't be a problem just walking up to anyone at a meet like that and saying "hi". We all share a common interest here and are at a meet to socialize, not stand around, you know?
Who said I stood around by myself and didn't socialize? I think you're reading way to much into what I wrote.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:46 AM
VIP Member

Wow. And guys say that GIRLS are drama? Damn.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:10 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: AWD & RWD JDM
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
How did that work out anyway? I still haven't made it to UCKK, maybe next week. My car is getting aligned Friday so maybe I will show up for once.
Yeah Jacob, Gino got it to fit, long story, but basically I need to go back to "S" to exchange a piece. Anyway, it's *****in loud. I'd really love my car right now if it didn't pull to the left like the center divider was the north pole.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:13 AM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Originally Posted by WRXBABY
Wow. And guys say that GIRLS are drama? Damn.
they are....holland is the one who posted the drama...

Old 05-18-2006, 10:17 AM
UTR Member

Car Info: 93 Impreza L
Originally Posted by WRXBABY
Did you follow them off the freeway or something? Maybe you scared them? :rotfl:

you should call him :rotfl:
Old 05-18-2006, 11:12 AM

Car Info: 05' S2000
Originally Posted by killaho
you should call him :rotfl:
:rotfl: now I'm just getting picked on. Hey now you can't blame me, hahaha.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:34 AM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
i'm lost, who's picking on you? what happened?
Old 05-18-2006, 11:51 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 02BlackWRX
i'm lost, who's picking on you? what happened?
pdeprez spotted me on my way home from work on Tuesday and followed me off the freeway to my exit at Lark Ave off 17. He pulls up next to me on Lark Ave and points while saying, "You. Should call. Me." I laughed and said, "Yeah? If you can catch me." Apparently, he decided to follow me to my dry cleaner, where I had to pick up some stuff. As I got out of my car, I asked him if he normally follows random girls off the freeway and he said, "Only the hot ones." +1 for the pick-up line. -987435198476345684651436 for hittin' on a chick with one hell of a knack for borderline-rude sarcasm. Granted, he didn't know, but I thought I made it pretty clear when I dropped the word "boyfriend" A LOT during our conversation. He was very polite though, not creepy stalkerish.

Dude must've noticed the i-club sticker on my car because later that night, I got a call from Rob while he was at UCKK. He asked me to describe the guy and I told him what he looks like. Rob said, "Hahahaha, he's here!" I told Rob, "You should tell him that you heard he stalked your girlfriend off the freeway today." I was about to go up there to hang out and have a good laugh, but Rob called me back and said that dude left. Damn, there went my chance to have a little fun.

Me = heinous, evil female? Yes.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:02 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by pdepres
:rotfl: now I'm just getting picked on. Hey now you can't blame me, hahaha.
And no, I don't blame you. I would've followed me too.