Spring Meet This Saturday! By Stay Stetti/Blacklist! 400+ car turnout!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 11:16 PM

Car Info: 2004 Forester XT
Dude that sucks, all those other ppl should have gotten tickets over that sti
Old 04-14-2012, 11:44 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Exhaust as in modified catback exhaust or catless violation?
Old 04-15-2012, 12:04 AM

Car Info: 07 SWP WRX
Yah so im the guy that got the state ref, it was for a modified exhaust and then he made me pop the Hood and saw my intake. That was pretty much it. I'm probably going to post a thread soon to see if anyone can help me out with it. First ticket in my life and it's a state ref. **** YAH!
Old 04-15-2012, 12:40 AM

Car Info: EQ Tuned * Corn Juiced '05 WRX
AHHHHH ****. I was literally WAYYYY down the street and I totally forgot about this... =[.....I was wondering where all them beautiful subies were heading to! LOL!

About that state ref....what kind of intake do you have? The intake should have a carb legal sticker/number on it, so I don't see why you got cited for that.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:41 AM

Car Info: 08 impreza OBS
Originally Posted by pheeezy
Yah so im the guy that got the state ref, it was for a modified exhaust and then he made me pop the Hood and saw my intake. That was pretty much it. I'm probably going to post a thread soon to see if anyone can help me out with it. First ticket in my life and it's a state ref. **** YAH!
dude i saw that! sorry to see that happen. and you just got there huh?
Old 04-15-2012, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by DarkJuic3b0x
AHHHHH ****. I was literally WAYYYY down the street and I totally forgot about this... =[.....I was wondering where all them beautiful subies were heading to! LOL!

About that state ref....what kind of intake do you have? The intake should have a carb legal sticker/number on it, so I don't see why you got cited for that.
My intake wasn't carb legal so that knicked me for that. As far as the brand, I'm not sure. It came with the car when I bought it so I just left it there.
Lol wrong place wrong time. That's all it is.

Originally Posted by Navysesal
dude i saw that! sorry to see that happen. and you just got there huh?
Yahoo brought I barely got there and they pulled me over. So BS bro haha
Old 04-15-2012, 02:08 AM

Car Info: 12Teens crazy 4 me
Dang, that sucks!

I think the best thing to do is to mod your car back to stock or under the legal limit, because I believe a State Ref is like a smog, but more intensive. I'd say try to buy a legal cone filter (cone filter because you have one already apparently and the cop may have marked that) and exhaust before you have to bring it in. Best of luck though man, that just blows.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:10 AM

Car Info: 2003 WRX PDM
Originally Posted by pheeezy
Hey guys, sorry i left w/o saying anything, had a family problem so i have to go ASAP..(if it even matters to some of u lol)

About tthe state ref'd, dunno where ur going for ur inspection but if u go to the one in san jose make sure u put everything back in stock.when my car got ref'd i had an k&n CARB legal intake and they didnt accept it..so i had to reschedule
Old 04-15-2012, 04:19 AM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Cops have been dicks about exhaust lately. I have a decently quiet exhaust at freeway cruising speeds, got pulled over and he also mentioned it was really loud till an rx-8 went by and he said nvm. CHP or Local PD?
Old 04-15-2012, 04:21 AM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Wish more people knew about it but the oem intake on wrx/sti are good til 300+whp so stg2 sti's can run them no problem so there's not much reason to upgrade intake til you go bigger than a VF or if you are trying to max out stock turbo

sucks to hear what happened, you have a stock downpipe or a catless? I've got no muffler but stock dp and intake so id just get a muffler fix it ticket, no state ref
Old 04-15-2012, 07:00 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Wow... Looks like Ryan, Naveed, and I ducked out just in time.

Also, while we were getting on 580 (and 680), one of you guys was smelling pretty good.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by slugrx
Wish more people knew about it but the oem intake on wrx/sti are good til 300+whp so stg2 sti's can run them no problem so there's not much reason to upgrade intake til you go bigger than a VF or if you are trying to max out stock turbo

sucks to hear what happened, you have a stock downpipe or a catless? I've got no muffler but stock dp and intake so id just get a muffler fix it ticket, no state ref
Yah it was just bad luck. I have a catless dp so I'm going to have to swap that out and I'm probably going to ask around if anyone has an OEM intake that I can borrow. Man I was hella mad. I barely pulled into the lot haha.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:09 AM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Can you use a carb approved part during a state ref?
Old 04-15-2012, 10:35 AM

Car Info: 08 impreza OBS
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
Wow... Looks like Ryan, Naveed, and I ducked out just in time.

Also, while we were getting on 580 (and 680), one of you guys was smelling pretty good.
Lol yeah, I think if he parked where I was then it would of been fine. No roll through, cause they weren't doing anything to ppl parked.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:06 AM

Car Info: Subaru WRX 2005
I got a OEM intake you can borrow, anyone know who owns the black/grey sti with aftermarket rear spoiler and diffuser, a couple GoPro stickers. He was parked at the meet last night, i want his rear diffuser

Quick Reply: Spring Meet This Saturday! By Stay Stetti/Blacklist! 400+ car turnout!